The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The $20 resort fee is a hidden fee, they may show it when you book but not when you are initially comparing prices. This is the new business model, advertise low rates but trick folks into paying more with fees. It is what airlines tried to do and what cell phone companies do all the time. But as long as you think you got a good deal, happy for you.

It's not their when it initially lists the room options, but as soon as you click on a room type to get the rates it is show which is before you have even choose to reserve the room. Yes, it could be more obvious, but it is far from hidden.

Correct, which is why it's called a mini-land, as in, not a full blown "land".

At least they're honest here, unlike Pixar Place.

I just don't get Pixar Place. Why create a land with only one attraction (TSMM)? And then, why is Pizza Planet (which would fit perfectly into Pixar Place) in the New York area of Hollywood Studios?

Yeah... DHS is under a major identity crisis.

bhg469

I just don't get Pixar Place. Why create a land with only one attraction (TSMM)? And then, why is Pizza Planet (which would fit perfectly into Pixar Place) in the New York area of Hollywood Studios?

The place is absolutely a mess. Seems like MK is the only place that seems to have any flow anymore. If world showcase actually gets the frozen overlay that is just another example of things where they don't belong.

The place is absolutely a mess. Seems like MK is the only place that seems to have any flow anymore. If world showcase actually gets the frozen overlay that is just another example of things where they don't belong.

I wouldn't say EpCot has an identity crisis yet. If Norway gets the Frozen overlay, then World Showcase's compromise between representing the beauty of countries and Disney-fying them to the fullest extent would give that area, at the very least, an identity crisis. Future World, not so much.

That's been my main complaint with DHS. It has no idea what it wants to be, and with the exception of its premier attractions (ToT, RRC), everything else in DHS could easily go in another park.

truecoat

I have only been there once but the only time I noticed there was a large body of water whats while I was eating lunch at Mythos. It didnt seem like there were many viewing areas to me. Again I was only there once in my life this year so I could definitely be mistaken.

They had some test barges out there last year but not sure what came of it. I think they do have a night show in the works but apparently they are running on DTS. Disney Time Scale®. That's right, I registered that as a trademark.

PeterAlt

Pixar Place was to also have Monsters Inc. Door Coaster. Now, that MIDC has been cancelled for HS, DCA wants it.

The pizzeria on NY Street was going to be Gonzo's Pizza and was to be part of a larger Muppets Studios area that would have included the 3D movie plus the Great Muppet Movie Ride, a parody of the GMR, that was actually worked on by the late Jim Henson.

Sunset Boulevard was to have Dick Tracy Crime Stoppers, using the same ride technology as the Indiana Jones ride in DL and a Chicago themed section, as well as a section with Roger Rabbit rides.

Amazing how all these sections started and never completed. Just imagine what could have been. Also cancelled was a monorail extension from EC to HS and an electric street car that would have connected the nearby hotels, as well as EC.

I think I'm gonna cry!

flynnibus

Premium Member
I've said it before, but I'm really surprised that Uni doesn't have a high quality nighttime show in IOA over the water there. It would be a natural fit and really round out that park.

I'm not suprised... when it comes to fireworks and entertainment shows of that genre... UNI is pretty far behind Disney. The lagoon show put in the USF lagoon wasn't knocking people's socks off. And I have to imagine given their location, USF is a lot more restricted in pyro/fireworks than WDW is.

PeterAlt

It's not a mess, just unfinished.

EDIT - it's an unfinished mess.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I've said it before, but I'm really surprised that Uni doesn't have a high quality nighttime show in IOA over the water there. It would be a natural fit and really round out that park.
A show is in the works. Im surprised nothing has premiered yet aside from long past attempts.

Given attention will swing back somewhat to IOA next year I would hope a lagoon show finally premieres too. Though how to make it different enough to Cinespec is anyone's guess.

PeterAlt

I wouldn't say EpCot has an identity crisis yet. If Norway gets the Frozen overlay, then World Showcase's compromise between representing the beauty of countries and Disney-fying them to the fullest extent would give that area, at the very least, an identity crisis. Future World, not so much.

That's been my main complaint with DHS. It has no idea what it wants to be, and with the exception of its premier attractions (ToT, RRC), everything else in DHS could easily go in another park.
EC, I assume, will be unrecognizable in 10 or 15 years. I assume it will find itself a new identity. I imagine WS will look no different than HS, and FW will look no different than TL.

PeterAlt

Its a mess.

With no proper cohesive long term plan - and the issues from 89-90 - the park has become a sprawl of unplanned expansion areas bolted on to other unplanned areas interspersed with areas of nothing.
Well, that's because these sections are unfinished. Finish them either by building what had been planned or by creating a logical unifying theme and... Tada!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom