The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

twebber55

If 30 people like this post I'll explain the "families" section of the Marvel contract Universal has.

Also, the contract is cut and dry and not open to interpretation. It also is extremely favorable to Marvel. Its a pretty standard contract to be honest, why people continue to guess what it says is beyond me.
ill like it just for the creativity in getting a like

stevehousse

If 30 people like this post I'll explain the "families" section of the Marvel contract Universal has.

Also, the contract is cut and dry and not open to interpretation. It also is extremely favorable to Marvel. Its a pretty standard contract to be honest, why people continue to guess what it says is beyond me.
Instead if waiting for a post like with numbers that usually only 74 personally sees, y not just educate us so we all know and can stop guessing...

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Hope he starts a new thread. This one has jumped the shark.
a new thread wouldn't help that much sadly. other than keeping organized for the first week.

You guys do realize that even if 74 starts a new thread, all we are doing is clicking onto a different webpage (that looks exactly like this one) to discuss the same topics. Does it honestly matter if its page 1, or page 451? ...In the words of the great Kevin McCalister, "I dont think so".

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member

I think there are plenty of people here that will post that info without w***ing for "likes". Your wdwmagic beacon score just dropped a few points, to me at least.

Last edited:

invader

Is this twitter? Fishing for likes on wdwmagic now? Doing s**t like that makes you lose integrity and respect. People should like your posts for the quality of your post, not because you asked them to. That being said, please clarify.

lebeau

I am just saying Uni has been able to stop them from having any real association of marvel (other than merch) in the parks. If the contract couldn't stop a film which is essentially an attraction at this point I would assume GOTG is free game/territory for Disney.

I think calling it an attraction is a leap. It's more like an ad for a movie. It's temporary. I think Universal would have something to say if they put in something permanent that wasn't a glorified commercial.

Or maybe not. Won't know until they do it, I guess.

lebeau

It was beneficial to Marvel when they were in desperate need of cash. But in no other way does it benefit Marvel. Currently, the contract greatly favors Universal. I'm sure Disney/Marvel would get out of it if they could.

lebeau

Is this twitter? Fishing for likes on wdwmagic now? Doing s**t like that makes you lose integrity and respect. People should like your posts for the quality of your post, not because you asked them to. That being said, please clarify.

I don't think I want to hear someone who thinks that contract is extremely beneficial to Marvel explain anything to anyone. Except maybe for laughs.

5thGenTexan

I was thinking more for those who do not have a smartphone. It's a shrinking group of people, but they do exist. Heck, there might even be customers in people who can't turn on WiFi on their iPhone.

I am on of those that does not have a smartphone. Not long ago I shopped again and still can not justify the cost. But then... I still carry paper maps in my truck... I have a GPS do hicky, but find that I can do better the old fashioned way.

Phil12

You guys do realize that even if 74 starts a new thread, all we are doing is clicking onto a different webpage (that looks exactly like this one) to discuss the same topics. Does it honestly matter if its page 1, or page 451? ...In the words of the great Kevin McCalister, "I dont think so".
...and besides, I don't really start to feel comfortable in a Spirit thread until about page 500 or so. It's only then that I begin to understand the thrust and direction that these threads take. As an example, before I read a Spirit thread, I didn't even know what a Wawa was. Now, I can't wait to find one and chow down, buy some gas and pass some gas.

Mike S

that idea looks awesome on paper.. I wonder how hard would implement it.
as you will have verious tracks coaster style and 2 different things moving next to each other...and the firing..etc.. D:
That's what makes it such a great idea, it's something never done before and something that would require a group of people brave enough to push the envelope and get it done. If this is the ride Disney would make in Star Wars Land it will blow away everything Universal has done with Harry Potter and would easily be the new best theme park attraction in the world.

Bolna

Way to miss the point.
No, that is exactly the point. Your smartphone might be locked to a certain service provider, but you can still access the internet by wifi and wifi is provided by Disney throughout all the parks. Hence you can get the MM + app to work. That's certainly one big reason why Disney invested heavily in the huge free wifi network they installed.

Last edited:

TalkingHead

Not that you need to hear it from me, but Diagon Alley and Gringotts are phenomenal. Spent the entire day at Uni and got two rides on Gringotts.

Diagon is its own world. You get back there, and it's like you've left Universal Studios. Seems like there's always another corner to turn, another set of stairs leading into the distance.

What we ate/drank: Leaky Cauldron (Bangers and Mash) was delicious. Dragon's Scale was very good. Butterbeer ice cream might be better than the drink.

Is Universal/IOA a two-day trip? Before long (maybe even now?), the question should be is it a three-day affair?

Gringotts...
The ride knocked my socks off. It's got physical sets, even though it uses a lot of screens. The 3D is the best I've ever seen. There's one scene when a goblin runs alongside the track, and I swear the 3D and physical set are indistinguishable. The motion of the cars is a blast. The finale is incredible -- the screens are massive. At one point, I looked to the side to see if I could see the edge of the screen, and it just wraps around the vehicle -- the image is clear and surrounding. The "dark" coaster sections are, perhaps, a little sparse, but they're so short that it doesn't detract from the overall ride. Like someone else said, it's the Mummy on steroids. It builds on the strengths of Mummy and Spider-man. A fitting E-ticket for an E-ticket expansion.

Mike S

Not that you need to hear it from me, but Diagon Alley and Gringotts are phenomenal. Spent the entire day at Uni and got two rides on Gringotts.

Diagon is its own world. You get back there, and it's like you've left Universal Studios. Seems like there's always another corner to turn, another set of stairs leading into the distance.

What we ate/drank: Leaky Cauldron (Bangers and Mash) was delicious. Dragon's Scale was very good. Butterbeer ice cream might be better than the drink.

Is Universal/IOA a two-day trip? Before long (maybe even now?), the question should be is it a three-day affair?

Gringotts...
The ride knocked my socks off. It's got physical sets, even though it uses a lot of screens. The 3D is the best I've ever seen. There's one scene when a goblin runs alongside the track, and I swear the 3D and physical set are indistinguishable. The motion of the cars is a blast. The finale is incredible -- the screens are massive. At one point, I looked to the side to see if I could see the edge of the screen, and it just wraps around the vehicle -- the image is clear and surrounding. The "dark" coaster sections are, perhaps, a little sparse, but they're so short that it doesn't detract from the overall ride. Like someone else said, it's the Mummy on steroids. It builds on the strengths of Mummy and Spider-man. A fitting E-ticket for an E-ticket expansion.
I feel the exact same way. It's almost like you never want to leave the area because it's on such a different level than the rest of the park lol.

Ranch Dressing

Read em' and weep Uni lovers.

A memo is circulating that one if the mist common questions asked to team members is, " Can you help me with my Magic Bands?".

Universal Orlando will have a "RDIF convenience system" in place by the end of next year. This is from a rock solid Universal source.

lazyboy97o

Its a lot to explain, I'm not going to do it if there is not the demand for it.

Also, I have yet to read anyone get it right so far so........
"East of The Mississippi - any other theme park is limited to using characters not currently being used by MCA at the time such other license is granted. [For purpose of this subsection and subsection iv, a character is “being used by MCA” if (x) it or another character of the same “family” (e.g., any member of THE FANTASTIC FOUR, THE AVENGERS or villains associated with a hero being used) is more than an incidental element of an attraction, is presented as a costumed character, or is more than an incidental element of the theming of a retail store or food facility; and, (y) in addition, if such character or another character from the same “family” is an element in any MCA marketing during the previous year. Any character who is only used as a costume character will not be considered to be “being used by MCA” unless it appears as more than an incidental element in MCA’s marketing.]"

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1262449/000119312510008732/dex1057.htm

30 likes please.

Mike S

Read em' and weep Uni lovers.

A memo is circulating that one if the mist common questions asked to team members is, " Can you help me with my Magic Bands?".

Universal Orlando will have a "RDIF convenience system" in place by the end of next year. This is from a rock solid Universal source.
An RFID upgrade would be only natural. Doesn't mean they'll go the whole Magic Band/FP+/App route. I'll actually prefer having a plastic card rather than a paper one for my AP anyway. Who knows, maybe they'll fix the finger scanners too because for whatever reason they haven't worked at all for me ever since I renewed my AP even though I tried multiple times to fix it with the team members running them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom