The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Sped2424

There was the Avengerrail.

Speaking of which, members of the Guardians have been members of the Avengers as well. Just about any Marvel character you can imagine is covered by that pesky "family" clause in the contract.

GoG may be obscure enough to be allowed. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if Universal owned the theme park rights to them too.
Previous members of guardians of the galaxy were made "honorary avengers" I am not sure if the current team in the film was the same one that interacted with the avengers. ALso the monorail ran scott free cause it never entered a theme park technically. That's why it wasn't on the epcot beam.

lebeau

Previous members of guardians of the galaxy were made "honorary avengers" I am not sure if the current team in the film was the same one that interacted with the avengers. ALso the monorail ran scott free cause it never entered a theme park technically. That's why it wasn't on the epcot beam.

Sure sure. My point is, there's a lot of variables. The fact that GoG is getting a preview inside the parks may indicate they can be used for other things. Or maybe not. None of us really knows the ins and outs. Even Disney and Universal don't know what's strictly allowed until they test it in court.

If I were a gambling man, I would bet against any GoG in Disney World beyond this temporary preview for the movie.

lebeau

We have already reached that point.

Foreign audiences are definitely given a lot of consideration. So arguably, we are at that point. I think it will only become more pronounced as time goes on. Particularly in China. Before long, Hollywood will be making movies specifically for Chinese audiences. Right now, they mostly re-edit movies made for American audiences to get past Chinese censors. Eventually, we'll be the after thought.

doctornick

The logic here is if Guardians of the Galaxy is showing up in any capacity (film, preview etc) over at hollywood studios somehow they are not in breach of the contract that universal has. At least that's my limited understanding of it. Because captain america 2 didn't recieve the same preview treatment.

Not to mention that the Avengers and Iron Man monorail wraps were specifically prohibited from the Epcot loop since that entered the park. Now, if a simple advertisement for a movie is prohibited because those characters are not available for in park use by Disney, then it would follow that an actual movie preview shown explicitly in the parks indicates that the GotG characters are free use by Disney. One would think.

doctornick

BTw star wars night on espns baseball game at St Louis...this is one reason why ep 7 will make bookoo money.....the Disney hype machine

I had the game on and my wife was like "why are they making a big deal about this" and I asked her "Who owns ESPN, which is broadcasting this game and who owns Star Wars?" And she was like "oh, yeah, makes sense now".

Sped2424

Not to mention that the Avengers and Iron Man monorail wraps were specifically prohibited from the Epcot loop since that entered the park. Now, if a simple advertisement for a movie is prohibited because those characters are not available for in park use by Disney, then it would follow that an actual movie preview shown explicitly in the parks indicates that the GotG characters are free use by Disney. One would think.
Thank you, my point exactly ^

Sped2424

Sure sure. My point is, there's a lot of variables. The fact that GoG is getting a preview inside the parks may indicate they can be used for other things. Or maybe not. None of us really knows the ins and outs. Even Disney and Universal don't know what's strictly allowed until they test it in court.

If I were a gambling man, I would bet against any GoG in Disney World beyond this temporary preview for the movie.
I am just saying Uni has been able to stop them from having any real association of marvel (other than merch) in the parks. If the contract couldn't stop a film which is essentially an attraction at this point I would assume GOTG is free game/territory for Disney.

Ranch Dressing

If 30 people like this post I'll explain the "families" section of the Marvel contract Universal has.

Also, the contract is cut and dry and not open to interpretation. It also is extremely favorable to Marvel. Its a pretty standard contract to be honest, why people continue to guess what it says is beyond me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom