The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Cesar R M

The high school Musical popularity was insane and I cannot believe they didn't use that a s a springboard for re launching the mickey mouse club.. I am not a fan for song and dance shows but that was a no brainer.
probably because they(disney) wanted people to forget about how messed up some stars from the mickey club/team are ? (Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears, Aguilera..etc..)

FigmentJedi

I can't support a comic book based on characters that Disney has removed/reduced from the park they were created for.

To me, this is the same smarmy crap as Horizons tees and Mr. Toad vinyls. Just no interest whatsoever in rewarding a company for bad behavior.
I'd say there's a significant difference between actually using these characters in a narrative/media setting again that's getting out to nationwide audiences versus the usual exploitation of lost park nostalgia in merchandise.

Is it fanboy pandering? Yeah, but at least there's some actual effort put into it instead of recycling the same generic Dreamfinder and Figment clipart created by the pin department.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I have a simple question about the television side of Disney. I have noticed over the past 18 months that the original movies have been much less in programing.

Do you mean in volume? They had the Austin Moon musical.. Zapped is premiering soon..

this wiki makes it look like this years pace is just a tad below the previous years. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Disney_Channel_Original_Movies

I think Teen Beach musical did ok for them.. but theres not been a HSM or even Camp Rock in awhile..

FigmentJedi

they made like 4.

Lilo and Stitch, Stitch as a Glitch, Stitch the Movie, Leroy and Stitch

granted, 2 of them blows donkey d***gs. (stitch the movie and leroy and stitch)
Well those were basically the pilot and series finale of the TV show assembled into movie format. Just like Return of Jafar.

Cesar R M

Yep, there are a lot of master debaters around here!

(That joke never gets old)
Theres also armchair generals, armchair imagineers, armchair ceos..etc..

Well those were basically the pilot and series finale of the TV show assembled into movie format. Just like Return of Jafar.
Yeah, but they were mentioned as "Movies" in the official advertisements. I honestly would call them more of a "Miniseries" to kickstart or end the series. (just like BattleStar Galactica and many scify series start.. with a 2 hour specials)

FigmentJedi

Of course, the thing you really have to ignore about the Lilo and Stitch franchise is that horrible anime that missed the entire damn point of Ohana whenever the subject of "Why is Stitch not with Lilo anymore?" is raised.

KYWDW

i have booked cabana bay for july 9-10 and looking forward to checking it all out..

coming from tampa its not much of a hassle for me...
plus i have finnegans as my home base/respite from all the madness..
I took my wife by there to see what she thought and she said "how old is that place? You want to stay there?" Lol They sure did a great job, it looks amazing but wonder how many others have said the same thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom