The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Kman101

Do it right now as a response, yes, that would be a rip off. Just like forcing Red's Apple Freeze into New Fantasyland is a rip off of Butterbeer.

I agree with that, of course (not trying to argue, as I know Disney wouldn't even ever build that, lol).

I dunno that I see the "brew" as a rip off of Butterbeer, but I guess it would be in a way. I don't really think that way, as to me, they're just ways to get some more money and have an overpriced speciality drink.

mahnamahna101

So now no one can have a winged creature on top of something because Uni has it and they're being ripped off? Not that Disney would ever build Villain Mountain ...
Bald Mountain would require more than a 40" height requirement ;) the little children might get scared if its done properly.. mommy bloggers wouldn't like that... not. one. bit.

:D In all seriousness, MK is the only place I see a Bald Mountain happening... so sadly, never. It'd have to be a psychological thrill ride on par with Universal in order for it to be worth it. 48"-54" is the range. But since it isn't a family attraction, that might be considered sacrilegious by pixie dusters. "Everything's all ages at MK... except the 7 attractions that aren't, with one that might as well be (Speedway is 32")"

Bald Mountain should have been the centerpiece/money shot for New Fantasyland... not SDMT.

ThemeParkJunkee

Hmmm...kind of sorry I didn't find this site years ago. I used to just read books to prepare for trips. Would have loved to read the Patty Melt story. That said, I would have just read it. Not big on controversy.

mahnamahna101

It's just crazy to me that Disney won't have a a single new attraction that can compete with either Gringotts or Express for years to come. Nothing in the Avatar blueprints look close to being able to compete with this.

Universal has flat out lapped WDW in this regard. AND they're opening another E ticket at IOA next year.
With the KidZone revamp rumored for the year after... Disney's just gotten to the point of nearing Spidey this year ;) it might be a good 15-20 yrs.

The future looks bright for Uni :)

pheneix

"State of the Universe" presentation this morning was light on future things but there are reasons for that and those future things are still going to be awesome when they arrive. Some of them soon. :D

Comcast and NBC taking proud ownership of these theme parks is energizing them all over again in so many ways. The Tonight Show coming to Orlando is a grand experiment that is paying off beautifully.

Btw, the "Universal Music Plaza" with Rockit as a backdrop has turned out to be one of the best music venues ever for TV filming. It is so astounding to see such an awful ride showcased in such a cool way night after night and knowing over 2.5 million people are seeing it. NBC is taking crap and turning it into an icon. I can't imagine the ego I'd have if I was 19 and worked at that ride right now...

StageFrenzy

"State of the Universe" presentation this morning was light on future things but there are reasons for that and those future things are still going to be awesome when they arrive. Some of them soon. :D

Comcast and NBC taking proud ownership of these theme parks is energizing them all over again in so many ways. The Tonight Show coming to Orlando is a grand experiment that is paying off beautifully.

Btw, the "Universal Music Plaza" with Rockit as a backdrop has turned out to be one of the best music venues ever for TV filming. It is so astounding to see such an awful ride showcased in such a cool way night after night and knowing over 2.5 million people are seeing it. NBC is taking crap and turning it into an icon. I can't imagine the ego I'd have if I was 19 and worked at that ride right now...

They should have had the coaster cycling.

TalkingHead

They should have had the coaster cycling.

They have had it cycling during the musical performances. At least some of the shots of the coaster have shown the cars moving along the track.

Glad you mentioned it. My wife and I have marveled at how good the setting has looked on television. In the park, the stage looks a little puny, but whatever cameras they're using have made it look substantial and fantastic -- and the coaster backdrop is just awesome.

articos

They have had it cycling during the musical performances. At least some of the shots of the coaster have shown the cars moving along the track.

Glad you mentioned it. My wife and I have marveled at how good the setting has looked on television. In the park, the stage looks a little puny, but whatever cameras they're using have made it look substantial and fantastic -- and the coaster backdrop is just awesome.
It's just the effect of cameras in general. Makes things look larger on screen. The amphitheater was planned for this, it's just the first time it's been properly used.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom