The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

seascape

It depends on the person then, no Cell phone package can accommodate my needs.
I'm on a 100Mbps cable here. (unlimited transfer)
I think 5G could handle that. I have unlimited 4G but how knows. What I want is to be able to hook my cell phone to the TV no matter where I am and get a HD picture on my TV. This would save me a lot of money because I would only need one service.

Nemo14

They sure were!

Well, she was a dude named Kevin who was pretending to be a grandma. It was funny because most of the regulars knew Patty was actually Kevin. But he kept right on pretending to be a little old lady. The longer he went on talking about his husband and his grandkids, the funnier it got.

Eventually, the gig was up and ol' Kevin got himself banned. He popped back up for a hot, sloppy minute pretending to be a teenage girl. But that identity got shut down pretty quickly. Which is a shame. I would have loved to have seen him attempt teen speak for a while longer.

I like to think Kevin still haunts this forum. Maybe he's reading this tale right now!

:eek:
She/he was around last week or so as weloveflorida or something like that....Sweetie...

lebeau

She/he was around last week or so as weloveflorida or something like that....Sweetie...

And I missed it?!?

vader.jpg

header-nooooooooooooooo-movie-supercut.jpg

Someone needs to put a bell on Kevin so I know when he's around. I'd love to hear about how corn is destroying the economy some more.

Soarin' Over Pgh

They sure were!

Well, she was a dude named Kevin who was pretending to be a grandma. It was funny because most of the regulars knew Patty was actually Kevin. But he kept right on pretending to be a little old lady. The longer he went on talking about his husband and his grandkids, the funnier it got.

Eventually, the gig was up and ol' Kevin got himself banned. He popped back up for a hot, sloppy minute pretending to be a teenage girl. But that identity got shut down pretty quickly. Which is a shame. I would have loved to have seen him attempt teen speak for a while longer.

I like to think Kevin still haunts this forum. Maybe he's reading this tale right now!

:eek:

That's HILARIOUS and equally terrifying. It's easy to forget that this is the internet and anyone can be whoever they want.

I'm starting to question whether some posters on this thread are truly robots and not humans. :cautious:

lebeau

That's HILARIOUS and equally terrifying. It's easy to forget that this is the internet and anyone can be whoever they want.

I'm starting to question whether some posters on this thread are truly robots and not humans. :cautious:

Well, some of them are almost certainly on Disney's payroll. ;)

Kevin was a special case. He was actually a conservative blogger. Had his own site. Kind of made a stir when he posted an open letter to Sarah Palin in which he pretended to be part of a coffee club for the elderly. That was the birth of the Patty Melt personae. In this particular post, he claimed that (s)he had long been a supporter of Hilary Clinton. She claimed to have made Clinton-themed ornaments every Christmas. But now she realized that only Palin could save the country.

Here's a link to the post. It was typical of his/her posting style. Lots of down home stories about her bumbling husband eating all the Christmas cookies and getting in the way. Now imagine that but instead of the pro-Palin sentiment, a bunch of Disney PR.

It was beautiful, I tell you.

CDavid

I agree about paying for cable and satellite. So I don't anymore and I really don't miss it at all (I have an antenna, and I'm fine with local channels as well as the digital classic television channels offered). I can watch shows for free on a lot of websites, and I can even watch streaming cable channels online for free. I'm slightly annoyed I pay for Hulu and have to endure so many ads. They used to not have so many. It's not awful to sit through but it's obvious how many more ads they show, and I thought the whole point of paying was for less ads than played if you just use the free service.

what kind of antenna you using?

We once got six channels with an outdoor antenna, and 3-4 with rabbit ears. Since the switch to digital, we get zero channels over the air. Not a single one. What an improvement. :facepalm:

That is a little weird.

When I was a kid, I had a record version of Star Wars. Not the soundtrack, but the whole movie. Why? Because there was no home video back then. I'm old. I listened to that record literally hundreds of times. And the first thing on it was the 20th Century Fox fanfare. It will always be associated with Star Wars to me.

StoryStarWarsLP.jpg

But if the missing fanfare is my biggest gripe about the new SW movies, they will have exceeded my expectations.

I still have that album, packed away somewhere, but what I really wore out from the era were these:

star_wars_movie_viewer.jpg

Played the short (soundless) videos over and over and over again.

Kman101

If you have an older TV, you need a digital converter box. Ridiculous they are around $50. For a newer HD television, no box is necessary.

I can pick up a good 30-40 channels normally.

bhg469

We once got six channels with an outdoor antenna, and 3-4 with rabbit ears. Since the switch to digital, we get zero channels over the air. Not a single one. What an improvement. :facepalm:

I still have that album, packed away somewhere, but what I really wore out from the era were these:

I used to watch mine one click at a time and be fascinated by the light sabre fights.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
hmm, dont disney give you a refillable mug with your dinning plan? I surely had one last year.
Not in the Disney parks. Drink mugs are only good at the resorts. Last year I got the unlimited food plan at Sea World which includes both unlimited food and drink all day at the park. They were selling it for an additional $9.99 per person at the time. Man what a deal. On a sick hot day in Orlando in June I got $9.99 worth or drinks alone easily. I truly got my lunch and dinner for free. I'm not sure what the regular price for that plan is, but this was before the bad press so maybe they are still offering it for $9.99.

cw1982

Not in the Disney parks. Drink mugs are only good at the resorts. Last year I got the unlimited food plan at Sea World which includes both unlimited food and drink all day at the park. They were selling it for an additional $9.99 per person at the time. Man what a deal. On a sick hot day in Orlando in June I got $9.99 worth or drinks alone easily. I truly got my lunch and dinner for free. I'm not sure what the regular price for that plan is, but this was before the bad press so maybe they are still offering it for $9.99.

A friend of mine did Uni and Sea World a few weeks ago, and one of them was offering unlimited food and drink all day for $30/person. I don't remember which one, but considering that a hot dog with chips and a coke can easily run $15/day at most parks, $30 for the whole day doesn't sound so bad IMO. $9.99 would have been an absolute steal!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
...for now ;) in 10 years, Universal will have much larger attendance and options for families. While Disney will always be a major destination, Universal can always rise up in the ranks

That's a big double edged sword. Attracting the family demographic comes at a price. I see a lot of complaints about Disney catering to families with kids under 10. Things like massive stroller parking lots, money and space being spent on meet and greets instead of rides, "kiddie coasters" instead of more exciting rides, being run down by double wide strollers walking in the parks, princess stuff everywhere, elimination of a pretty solid adult entertainment complex, etc... If Universal wants to challenge Disney's share of the under 10 market they need to make some changes which won't be popular with current Uni fanbois. I think it's fine to try to build some additional family friendly rides, but I hope they don't follow Disney's path towards catering to that demographic. Especially since by the time they did it my kids would be over 10 and ready to actually enjoy Universal the way it's currently laid out. I'm good with Universal sticking with what works for them.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Well, some of them are almost certainly on Disney's payroll. ;)

Kevin was a special case. He was actually a conservative blogger. Had his own site. Kind of made a stir when he posted an open letter to Sarah Palin in which he pretended to be part of a coffee club for the elderly. That was the birth of the Patty Melt personae. In this particular post, he claimed that (s)he had long been a supporter of Hilary Clinton. She claimed to have made Clinton-themed ornaments every Christmas. But now she realized that only Palin could save the country.

Here's a link to the post. It was typical of his/her posting style. Lots of down home stories about her bumbling husband eating all the Christmas cookies and getting in the way. Now imagine that but instead of the pro-Palin sentiment, a bunch of Disney PR.

It was beautiful, I tell you.

WOW! Ok, now to see if post history can be brought up for a banned member because holy smokes that's some fun reading!

mahnamahna101

That's a big double edged sword. Attracting the family demographic comes at a price. I see a lot of complaints about Disney catering to families with kids under 10. Things like massive stroller parking lots, money and space being spent on meet and greets instead of rides, "kiddie coasters" instead of more exciting rides, being run down by double wide strollers walking in the parks, princess stuff everywhere, elimination of a pretty solid adult entertainment complex, etc... If Universal wants to challenge Disney's share of the under 10 market they need to make some changes which won't be popular with current Uni fanbois. I think it's fine to try to build some additional family friendly rides, but I hope they don't follow Disney's path towards catering to that demographic. Especially since by the time they did it my kids would be over 10 and ready to actually enjoy Universal the way it's currently laid out. I'm good with Universal sticking with what works for them.

I can't ever see Universal catering explicitly towards kids... but a few family dark rides in each park (3 or 4) wouldn't hurt. Just enough that little kids and those who can't handle thrill rides can have enough to enjoy a full day at the parks. Universal should always cater primarily to the older demos... it works best for them. Universal could use some mid-level coasters IMO (not kiddie, but family like Big Thunder, Matterhorn, Everest and Space).

Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom are 90% targeted towards adults if you think about it. The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Gran Fiesta Tour, Maelstrom, Spaceship Earth, Great Movie Ride, Toy Story Midway Mania, Disney Junior Live on Stage, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, MuppetVision, Kilimanjaro Safari, It's Tough to Be a Bug, Triceratop Spin, Finding Nemo - The Musical, Festival of the Lion King... 14 attractions over 3 parks that a little kid might enjoy (I'd say Maelstrom, SSE and Great Movie Ride wouldn't necessarily appeal to them specifically so 11 attractions over 3 parks that directly target kids under 10 - not counting M&Gs or play areas. Living With the Land isn't really something kids will be itching to go on, while Imagination and Energy need help

Universal can match that with both of theirs currently, a few family attractions for each park would put them over the top.

lebeau

I remember that! A friend had one. I was jealous.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I can't ever see Universal catering explicitly towards kids... but a few family dark rides in each park (3 or 4) wouldn't hurt. Just enough that little kids and those who can't handle thrill rides can have enough to enjoy a full day at the parks. Universal should always cater primarily to the older demos... it works best for them. Universal could use some mid-level coasters IMO (not kiddie, but family like Big Thunder, Matterhorn, Everest and Space).

Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom are 90% targeted towards adults if you think about it. The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Gran Fiesta Tour, Maelstrom, Spaceship Earth, Great Movie Ride, Toy Story Midway Mania, Disney Junior Live on Stage, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, MuppetVision, Kilimanjaro Safari, It's Tough to Be a Bug, Triceratop Spin, Finding Nemo - The Musical, Festival of the Lion King... 14 attractions over 3 parks that a little kid might enjoy (I'd say Maelstrom, SSE and Great Movie Ride wouldn't necessarily appeal to them specifically so 11 attractions over 3 parks that directly target kids under 10 - not counting M&Gs or play areas. Living With the Land isn't really something kids will be itching to go on, while Imagination and Energy need help

Universal can match that with both of theirs currently, a few family attractions for each park would put them over the top.
I'm with you, but too much to attract kids and the strollers will appear, then there goes the neighborhood;)

lebeau

WOW! Ok, now to see if post history can be brought up for a banned member because holy smokes that's some fun reading!

Oh. Patricia Melton still has posts out there. I bumped into one on a necroed thread a couple weeks ago and though she had returned.

This is my favorite. Start here.

Edit: I went back and reread it. There's in-jokes I don't even get any more. We were carrying on multiple conversations in different threads. Fun stuff.

Last edited:

culturenthrills

I think UNI has done an amazing job slowly building the hype for Diagon Alley. There team seems to understand how to slowly put out information unlike Disney who likes to jump the gun, reveal too much and then after the inevitable cutbacks ends up having to back track. From Jimmy Fallon, to social media, to tonights webcast it has been a pretty perfect orchestration of how to premiere their new land. I can't wait to go and experience it for the first time. Hopefully will be able to do some of the soft openings because once this thing opens it is gonna be crazy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom