Free Dining 2014?

Ben_since_1971

1 hour and 40 minutes on hold. The wait cost me some money :D as I surfed ebay and bought some baseball cards I had my eye on :rolleyes: for some autograph shows coming up but well worth it. Saved over $570 :cool:. I booked a BB offer last year and the FD made the increase in package rate worth it (FD is rack rate where the BB was 30% off).

I will say this about their computer systems - they have improved greatly over the past several years. I know they still have their glitches and issues, but I can remember when if I wanted to do what I did tonight, I would have had to create a new reservation and then cancel the old one. Tonight - a few key clicks and the rep had it done. I was also able to see the changes immediately. It was only a few years ago that if I made a change like that I couldn't see it online until the systems updated - only if the system was accessible.

Now - back to my Disney countdown!!!!

draybook

Odd, I find the new site and changes completely horrid. I'm seriously waiting to see how long Disney will keep the lady in charge that is currently in place.

stevehousse

The website is wonky! When it works, it works great, but it usually doesn't!

I got to take a survey about a month ago when I was browsing the website and stated that most of the time using the site was extremely slow and compared it to logging onto AOL back in 1997! LOL

pj4963

I have read on several sites about FD becoming available May7. Does anyone know for sure what resorts moderates will have free dining? I called travel agent and she said Riverside would have it then I read it won't be available. So confused.

Allygator

I have read on several sites about FD becoming available May7. Does anyone know for sure what resorts moderates will have free dining? I called travel agent and she said Riverside would have it then I read it won't be available. So confused.
Normally it's the same as the disney visa holder offer. If that's the case then Riverside and FQ is not included.

stevehousse

Yeah. I'm highly annoyed that when I checked today CSR only has a preferred king room available for the week we needed.:mad::mad::mad: CBR has no standard rooms only pirate and preferred rooms.
Staying at CBR, you want the preffered room. The resort is very spread out and the preffered rooms put you right near dining and main pool! Go for it!

Dafid Duck

How many free dining deals are they granting? Will I be able to get it as long as I get a room? I need to switch resorts but I was just going to wait until Wednesday. Should I do it now and add dining later?

lilclerk

How many free dining deals are they granting? Will I be able to get it as long as I get a room? I need to switch resorts but I was just going to wait until Wednesday. Should I do it now and add dining later?
Just wait and book it online wednesday so you don't have to call. Having a room already booked won't guarantee you get a promotion.

ThinkTink721

We love free dining.
But now that POR is not available for our family of 5 that only leaves the cabins at FW as an option for us.
Deluxe is way too $$$.
This year our trip will cost substantially more $.
We may not be able to go.
So sad.

Doombuggy13

Yup, were in the same boat. Family of 5, limited budget. We've been going every year since 2007. Seems kind of unfair that we are forced to spend even more $$$ on a family suite or cabin just because we are a family of 5. If we decide to go anyway this will cut our total # of days down drastically.

Rutt

That is our plan. We have always stayed at the moderates for the upgraded dining but will just upgrade the dining plan and stay at a value and it will be cheaper.
Nothing wrong with the values, AoA is very nice and the family suites are very cute.
Sad they cut out ASMovies, but hey, we'll get to check out sports instead now!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom