Free Dining 2014?

PrincessNelly_NJ

Original Poster
I have seen multiple sites reporting the following:

Free dining should be available as soon as Thursday, May 1 for Disney Visa holders and Wednesday, May 7 for the general public. You can book through September 12.

The likely dates included are:
August 31 - October 3
October 26 - November 1
November 9 - November 20
December 12 - December 23

The promotion will include quick service for value resorts and the regular dining plan for moderate and deluxe resorts. Keep in mind though that if you stay in a value, you can still upgrade to the regular dining plan.

Value Resorts ~ Quick Service Plan Included
(This can be upgraded to regular plan for $19.86 per person per day ($3.41 for children) after tax).
All-Star Movies
All-Star Music Resort
All-Star Sports Resort
Art of Animation (Family Suites)
Pop Century Resort

Moderate Resorts ~ Regular Plan Included
Carribean Beach Resort
Coronado Springs Resort
Port Orleans Resort French Quarter
Port Orleans Resort Riverside

Deluxe Resorts ~ Regular Plan Included
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
BoardWalk Inn
Contemporary Resort
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Polynesian Resort
Wilderness Lodge

Deluxe Villa Resorts ~ Regular Plan Included
Bay Lake Tower
Animal Kingdom Villas
Beach Club Villas
BoardWalk Villas
Old Key West Resort
Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
The Villas at Disneys Wilderness Lodge
Fort Wilderness Cabins

Some resorts are excluded, such as Mermaid Rooms at Art of Animation, Campsites at Ft. Wilderness, and 3-bedroom villas, and Villas at The Grand Floridian. A 3 night minimum stay (14 night maximum) and two day minimum park ticket is required for each person in the party.

draybook

Kinda sad that October is mostly excluded... I may push my October trip back to November.

I'm a little shocked if this holds true. I know that they usually skip some of October but I don't think it's been this much before. Of course next year won't matter to us since we'll have APs and won't be staying on-site, at least not in a Disney resort.

Rutt

That's awesome, I had heard that they would not be starting it until mid September. We are going September 8-14, so I will be watching for this

PrincessNelly_NJ

Original Poster
I'm a little shocked if this holds true. I know that they usually skip some of October but I don't think it's been this much before. Of course next year won't matter to us since we'll have APs and won't be staying on-site, at least not in a Disney resort.
When I booked my ADRs for Oct 18th - 25th even with 180+10 so many ADRs were booked up, so I wouldn't be surprised if October is excluded. Seems like October is becoming more and more popular.

draybook

When I booked my ADRs for Oct 18th - 25th even with 180+10 so many ADRs were booked up, so I wouldn't be surprised if October is excluded. Seems like October is becoming more and more popular.

October is F&W, correct? That would explain it, since the popularity for that event has gained massive momentum over the last 5 years or so.

I was excited to see that it starts back up on November 9th, that's the day we're planning on arriving.

How exactly does this work though? We've never been lucky enough to have our trip fall during free dining. Do you need to have a Magic Your Way plan? We get our tickets offsite. Can someone explain the whole process to me?

PrincessNelly_NJ

Original Poster
I was excited to see that it starts back up on November 9th, that's the day we're planning on arriving.

How exactly does this work though? We've never been lucky enough to have our trip fall during free dining. Do you need to have a Magic Your Way plan? We get our tickets offsite. Can someone explain the whole process to me?
Yes, you need a package. So you will need to reserve your tickets, room, and add the dining plan all at one time.

Tink0102

We are booked for Oct 4-11 at POR. If this is true and if we change our arrival to Oct 3rd would that give us free dining for the remainder of our stay? Also, if I am going to do change our arrival should I go ahead and call today to do it?

PrincessNelly_NJ

Original Poster
We are booked for Oct 4-11 at POR. If this is true and if we change our arrival to Oct 3rd would that give us free dining for the remainder of our stay? Also, if I am going to do change our arrival should I go ahead and call today to do it?
Yes, it would give you free dining for your entire stay, however, since these are just rumors not actually dates, I strongly suggest waiting. The disney visa holders will get the offer before general public so when they do get confirmed dates, you will know for sure and then make your date changes if needed.

Tink0102

Yes, it would give you free dining for your entire stay, however, since these are just rumors not actually dates, I strongly suggest waiting. The disney visa holders will get the offer before general public so when they do get confirmed dates, you will know for sure and then make your date changes if needed.

Great, thanks! There is a guy on Facebook that is saying he is hearing rumors that POR is going to be excluded this time. Others are saying that ASM is already showing booked. Some people are reporting that they have called and have already got free dining. This is crazy!!
Another question for you.....I already have all my ADR's booked. If I do add a day will my ressies still be ok? I ask because last year we were booked and then thought about going in a day earlier and when I called to ask about it the CM said we would have to cancel our room reservation and rebook. So if that is the case this year will we be able to link all our current ADR's to the new room reservation?

mickeysbrother

This is what im waiting for to book my trip in mid September. Just me and my daughter this time. We are gonna have so much fun cant wait. :)

PrincessNelly_NJ

Original Poster
Great, thanks! There is a guy on Facebook that is saying he is hearing rumors that POR is going to be excluded this time. Others are saying that ASM is already showing booked. Some people are reporting that they have called and have already got free dining. This is crazy!!
Another question for you.....I already have all my ADR's booked. If I do add a day will my ressies still be ok? I ask because last year we were booked and then thought about going in a day earlier and when I called to ask about it the CM said we would have to cancel our room reservation and rebook. So if that is the case this year will we be able to link all our current ADR's to the new room reservation?
I did see on the Disboards, that certain resorts will be excluded. That happens because, Disney releases deals based on room occupancy. So when people book before discounts come out and Disney sees that 60% of their rooms are filled even without discounts, they are less likely to put out discounts.
I have not seen one confirmed FD discount only rumors.
ADRs are completely unaffected by room reservations, so you should have no issues if you move your dates.

belledream

If you are a Disney Visa card holder would you be notified by email or just by mailer?
I have never received any notices about offers from Disney Visa. I have heard some people get them though. I just called Disney last year and booked the deal with my Disney Visa in hand once I knew the offer was live.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom