Free Dining 2014?

tem325

So, I'm kind of annoyed that POR-R is not included! I am staying there 24-29 and I did get a room discount, but I don't know what the discount actually saved me (that's not really on the invoice, I think it was about 20%) and I want to compare to the Dining Plan, I think the DP is $600 or so, so I'm not sure which is the better deal...

I debating of whether I should switch to CS, and I don't have the Visa, so I'd have to wait until the 7th.

Any suggestions!?!?

Allygator

So, I'm kind of annoyed that POR-R is not included! I am staying there 24-29 and I did get a room discount, but I don't know what the discount actually saved me (that's not really on the invoice, I think it was about 20%) and I want to compare to the Dining Plan, I think the DP is $600 or so, so I'm not sure which is the better deal...

I debating of whether I should switch to CS, and I don't have the Visa, so I'd have to wait until the 7th.

Any suggestions!?!?
I switched from POR riverside to CBR. It was a room discount and free memory maker. With three adults (daughter 12). I will be saving $1000 with dining. I just have to call May 7 to add free dining.

tem325

I switched from POR riverside to CBR. It was a room discount and free memory maker. With three adults (daughter 12). I will be saving $1000 with dining. I just have to call May 7 to add free dining.

But, you weren't allowed to combine these two were you?? Ironically, we had originally chosen CBR because we stayed at POR last year, and I just like the theming of POR better so I called the next day and changed it to POR, then THIS deal came out! I suppose I'll be changing it again!?!?

Allygator

But, you weren't allowed to combine these two were you?? Ironically, we had originally chosen CBR because we stayed at POR last year, and I just like the theming of POR better so I called the next day and changed it to POR, then THIS deal came out! I suppose I'll be changing it again!?!?
If you combined them you would have to book the minimum amount of days at POR for the free dining and go with room discount and pay for dining plan or pay out of pocket for CBR? I don't know how much of a savings that would be. I am really shocked that they didn't include the riverside.

TTiiMM

Just booked two rooms at Coronado for November 11-18! They only had water view rooms available. I was told I had the last room with two queens. We had to choose a room with a king size bed for the second room. But we did get free dining! :)

Now November can't get here quickly enough. I haven't been to WDW since 2003. My wife and girls (11 & 8) have never been.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Wow. Rooms are going fast at some times, I guess. I booked earlier this morning -- 12 nights at Coronado starting December 21 with free dining with no mention of scarcity at all.

As an aside, offering free dining through Xmas and New Year's has always shocked me, even though they keep doing it.

Rutt

Wow. Rooms are going fast at some times, I guess. I booked earlier this morning -- 12 nights at Coronado starting December 21 with free dining with no mention of scarcity at all.

As an aside, offering free dining through Xmas and New Year's has always shocked me, even though they keep doing it.
I know, I called about this earlier and they mentioned it was going quickly. Last year I didn't even book until July and it was fine?!

tem325

If you combined them you would have to book the minimum amount of days at POR for the free dining and go with room discount and pay for dining plan or pay out of pocket for CBR? I don't know how much of a savings that would be. I am really shocked that they didn't include the riverside.

So, I can only go those dates, which is 5 nights (9-24 through 9-29) Should i call and switch to Coronado now?

EricJ

Oops, tuned in late--Are these the AP dining offers, or for everybody?
(Already got my CBR for September, but could upgrade)

m steve

I just scored free dining for nine days commencing on 19 December. It took about 30 minutes but just one phone call. It was worth the wait, I think! We had a preexisting reservation at CSR.

ThinkTink721

Disney Visa Card holders received the offer today.
Too bad we couldn't book POR like we normally do.
For some reason POR was not included in the resorts that could be booked with the free dining.
We booked the Cabins at Ft. Wilderness for September.

EricJ

Too bad we couldn't book POR like we normally do.
For some reason POR was not included in the resorts that could be booked with the free dining.
We booked the Cabins at Ft. Wilderness for September.

Was POFQ valid for the deal? (Although most guesses were assuming "no", for similar reasons.)

tem325

Just switched my POR to CBR, will call back on 5/7 for the free dining plan promo. I wish I had my Disney Visa right now! I got it, but I won't get the card for 7 days!

kasey1988

There is only a limited amount of free dining rooms at each resort . So some resorts may sell out faster then others!
Feeling pretty discouraged. Think we're going to pass on free dining and stay at PO. Or we're going to book a deluxe room closer to our date, but how does that work with adding the plan? Would it be free or are there a limited number they give out?

But now ADR are going to be booked solid right? This completely throws my plans off track. I almost want to skip DDP all together and eat off property now after this headache lol.

stevehousse

Just booked two rooms at Coronado for November 11-18! They only had water view rooms available. I was told I had the last room with two queens. We had to choose a room with a king size bed for the second room. But we did get free dining! :)

Now November can't get here quickly enough. I haven't been to WDW since 2003. My wife and girls (11 & 8) have never been.
Same dates as us! I called at 930-10 this morning and got a preffered room at CBR! I would assume that with only 2 moderate resorts running the special they would sell out fast!

Is it true that if you book, say on October 3 and stay until like the 10th would you qualify for free dining?

As long as your check in date is during the valid offer you will get free dining!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom