If You Go Down To The Parks Today..Your In For A Big Surprise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clowd Nyne

We're the jumping water fountains working on splash mountain after the refurb. Not the week i was there. Did it blow my four year old's mind? Yes. Just because a twenty year old 365 or 366 day a year attraction isn't working 100% doesn't mean it isn't magical. (I know its not exactly 365 but generally everyday)

ParentsOf4

We are taking a break after nine trips and will watch the boards here and elsewhere and perhaps think about returning in 2017 ..at least that is our plan for now.
Right now, we have no visits to WDW planned in 2014. But ...

We have 6 nights planned at the Grand Californian! :D

After a number of bad years, those who frequent both WDW and DLR report that Disneyland Resort is back up to old Disney standards.

I'll let you know @real mad hatter. If so, then it might be time for you to schedule a very long flight to Southern California. It could be a real eye opener. :)

real mad hatter

Original Poster
We don't go to WDW to find fault in the rides, ques, other visitors, food etc. We come to enjoy the beauty of the parks, have some good family time and enjoy the experiences there. We've are long time AP holders and so what if there is dust on the wall of an attraction or one of the light bulbs is out, thats not what it is all about. Some folks will find fault with anything. It will always be that way.
Totally agree..

real mad hatter

Original Poster
I fly from England every four years and we do notice these things and is does put a bit of a downer as we have paid thousands to go yet are not getting much value for money given the sorry state if the place. Why should I pay a huge premium to visit Disney in crappy condition when I can pay a few hundred and go somewhere equally as enjoyable? I try not to let it ruin things but it means less value for money and ruins the 'magic'. If I want to visit a rundown theme park I'll pay £25 and go to Alton Towers.
Hold the phone Andy..Did you say Alton T
I fly from England every four years and we do notice these things and is does put a bit of a downer as we have paid thousands to go yet are not getting much value for money given the sorry state if the place. Why should I pay a huge premium to visit Disney in crappy condition when I can pay a few hundred and go somewhere equally as enjoyable? I try not to let it ruin things but it means less value for money and ruins the 'magic'. If I want to visit a rundown theme park I'll pay £25 and go to Alton Towers.[...Whit..:eek:....A few hundred pounds gets you to a happy place...:eek:Alton Towers...???:jawdrop:....OK...I've lost my crown as the site comedian...You win..:joyfull:LOL..

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Right now, we have no visits to WDW planned in 2014. But ...

We have 6 nights planned at the Grand Californian! :D

After a number of bad years, those who frequent both WDW and DLR report that Disneyland Resort is back up to old Disney standards.

I'll let you know @real mad hatter. If so, then it might be time for you to schedule a very long flight to Southern California. It could be a real eye opener. :)
Been there...Done DL in California...Loved it...Preferred WDW...Reasons....

luv

The surprise is that it's no surprise that certain people still love to moan about the problems at WDW, and it's no surprise to see the followers liking their favourite moaners...I need not to mention who they are...They already know that answer...
I see.

A little Bait and Switch.

draybook

With the $ you do spend I try to look at the cup as half full instead half empty.

Please don't take this personally but that mentality is exactly why TDO is getting away with what it's doing. If you spend the kind of money that we all do when we go to WDW you should ALWAYS receive a full cup. That's not a statement of entitlement, it's getting what you pay for. Those of us in the fan community, aka the fanbois, should be holding them accountable more so than the average tourist because we know better.

so what if there is dust on the wall of an attraction or one of the light bulbs is out, thats not what it is all about.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the guy that started this whole thing, Mr. Walter Elias Disney, think that presentation was 1000% important? Is he not the one that once got so upset because a Frontierland cowboy was walking through Tomorrowland? To say that the visuals of the parks, no matter how small in detail, are not important is a disservice to Walt and anyone that actually cares about the true meaning of the place.

And I'd bet my next paycheck that 99% of the people that complain aren't "looking for it", as some people here would suggest. If you've read my TR from September then you'd see that the complaints I had were "in our faces", figuratively speaking.

If we, the fanatics who care so much that we post on a forum, stop holding WDW to it's former standards of being the best then who will take up the challenge?

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Somebody already started the same type of troll-flame thread. http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/you-hate-everything-about-it-yet-you-still-go.874623/

I don't understand why people who don't love every single little minute of the place are painted as haters and people who let the little things ruin their vacation. Just because someone doesn't like paying top dollar for what is the equivalent of low grade dog food means they hate Disney? Are people supposed to happy that a grown woman shoved their kids out of their spots at a parade and then got violent when they confronted her? No ones complaining about "dust in the corner of a doom buggy". Paint that picture if you want, but it's not true. Just like the thread about "hating everything"--that's a load of garbage too. People are complaining about whole parks being in disarray. Parks that used to be testaments to what a great company Disney was. Just because someone appreciates and misses the way things used to be doesn't make them a complainer or a hater. What's wrong with wanting Disney to be its best? What's wrong with not liking or having a different opinion about something? Well when it comes to Disney plenty, I guess. If your not sniffing dust 24/7 and loving how they dumbed down your favorite ride to the point of utter stupidity, then your just a Disney-hating whiner. Eat that disgusting 7 dollar hot-dog in silence or be cast from these shores.

Now all we need is some "don't go, makes the wait times less for my family" responses and we've got a classic.
For the umpteenth time...I'am not saying..repeat..not saying it's all rosy...Yes..It can be better..Phew...:oops:..I'am off to my local for a few beers..

Goofyernmost

Agreed.

I've heard fans say it is impossible to keep restrooms clean, for example...because there are so many people using them.

But some of us remember when they did that impossible thing. They did it very, very well, too.
True, but there weren't as many people when those memories were made and I doubt that it was our focus anyway. Those of us that have been often are going to notice problems more quickly because we are no longer dazzled by everything else. There is a degree of messy that didn't exist back in the day, and I strongly believe that people were not as piggish and entitled as they are now. I never saw people throwing paper on the street before, all the time now. Can't walk 12 feet to a trash can. When their cleaning crew is having to keep up with that, sometimes the battle will be lost. We don't give Disney that slack because we are always expecting perfection.

Last edited:

luv

True, but there weren't as many people when those memories were made and I doubt that it was your focus anyway. For example, when you were younger would you even have noticed, much less noted in your memory the lack of water pressure at the sinks. I think not. Those of us that have been are going to notice problems more quickly because we are no longer dazzled by everything else. There is a degree of messy that didn't exist back in the day, and I strongly believe that people were not as piggish and entitled as they are now. I never saw people throwing paper on the street before, all the time now. Can't walk 12 feet to a trash can. When your cleaning crew is having to keep up with that, sometimes the battle will be lost. We don't give Disney that slack because we are always expecting perfection.
You're very wrong about most of that, especially the parts about me.

Stick to speaking for yourself, please.

Goofyernmost

You're very wrong about most of that, especially the parts about me.

Stick to speaking for yourself, please.
Sorry, I wasn't meaning to offend, just was trying and show why we tend to be more critical of things the more we are exposed to them. I guess it's just me. Again, I apologize and will go back and take out the reference that might have been in reference to your concern.

skimbob

I am a Premier passholder and I pay a lot of money both at WDW and DL so i expect the high standards that Walt had set. Talk to the Imagineers sometime and some of the older CMs and you will hear dissapointment in the company as well. Don't get me wrong Disney is doing some new and great things but they have let some things slip that really do lessen the show. i still very much love the parks i just see room for improvement in some areas. As fans we are the ones to point this stuff out. As for choosing between the parks DL will always take first place for me because Walt created it first but I have fallen in love with WDW as well.

draybook

I've said it before,,,I'll say it again--a bad day at Disney beats a good day at work EVERY TIME !! I love all of the theming and atmosphere even if all of the bulbs aren't working .

Well, I don't know where you work but I can't say that about my job. At my job I don't break a sweat, we have a 55" tv with satellite and two pcs for our use during breaks. I'm also getting PAID to be there. On our worst day (September 25th of this year) I can honestly say I would rather have been at work instead of dealing with wall to wall people, sweating, failed interactions with CMs and being told I couldn't leave the park until after the parade finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom