Enchanted Tiki Room closing for month long refurbishment

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
All these short closures are what the parks at WDW have been missing for many years...IMO, every attraction, in every park needs a refurb/refresh every year to keep things up to par. While the Tiki Room is down, I'm hoping that they get the show lighting fixed so that the birds aren't in view when guests are entering the attraction. As it stands right now, all the birds are visible until the CM starts the show, then the lights dim. The only lights that should be on, when entering, should be the lights focused on the seating area and floor. The birds should be a surprise.

Admiral01

Premium Member
All these short closures are what the parks at WDW have been missing for many years...IMO, every attraction, in every park needs a refurb/refresh every year to keep things up to par.

Agreed. WDW needs to have these sort of refurbs all year round, for all the attractions. We need to NOT complain when management finally decides to take care of the attractions around the resort. Does it suck when you have a vacation planned and your favorite attraction is down for refurb? A little. Is this a better option than letting attractions rot away? Most certainly. Lets keep the big picture in mind.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Agreed. WDW needs to have these sort of refurbs all year round, for all the attractions. We need to NOT complain when management finally decides to take care of the attractions around the resort. Does it suck when you have a vacation planned and your favorite attraction is down for refurb? A little. Is this a better option than letting attractions rot away? Most certainly. Lets keep the big picture in mind.
I'd double "like" this, if I could!

rodserling27

Agree whole-heartedly.

MerlinTheGoat

This. The only thing that would warrant a complaint about a refurbishment happening is if it opens with still-broken show elements (or in Kali's case, reopens with an even greater amount of broken show elements than it had before it was closed). If these refurbs ensure the rides remain in show-ready condition, bring them the hell on and continue as needed. If anything we need even more of them, particularly in the other 3 parks. Though we do need a lot more quality ride experiences in ALL the parks to soften the blow from having a ride offline for some time.

I usually don't like to silence people for an opinion, but refurbs are not something that should be a topic of complaint regardless of what ride it is. Not now that WDW needs them more than ever because the place has been literally decaying for the past decade or two due to a lack of proper maintenance.

TestTrack Dummy

Does anyone know exactly if anything big will come out of this refurb or is it just a new coat of paint? Either way im happy its getting some love.

HMF

The MK is indeed beginning to get some much needed love in sporadic areas. It's a shame its too late for Space Mountain.

This refurb will replace items that have broken or been damaged since the overhaul.
No chance for fountain restoration, I take it.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Why August? Why not Sept when there are less guests?

When I went to Disneyland it seemed like they had half the park down for construction / referb (and this wasn't the OSHA closures that happened later)...quite frustrating that they'd take them all down at the same time. But, I wasn't upset (ok, mildly upset, but understanding) because I went in the Feb...

<grumbles>I like Tiki birds...specially now that Iago is gone...

Sped2424

Guys how many times has there been complaints about maintenance never occurring and poor show quality here at the world? Now that its happening people are upset, to be frank there is no perfect time for maintenance on a ride to happen as the down time is gonna affect someone's vacation. I mean the length of some of Disneyland's refurbs are crazy I think we can all handle a month for them to give the attraction TLC.

I_heart_Tigger

Blast you and your shortened headlines!!! All I could see at first was "Tiki Room Closing" and I thought, thank god I have hated that attraction since my first time in it in 1976 when it was the Tropical Serenade. I was hoping that beautiful building would be used for something worthy of it's impressive façade...sigh...I can only hope they supply guests with guns from the Frontierland Shootin' Arcade and announce that bird shootin' season is upon us. Fingers crossed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom