Two Spirited Quickees...Imagination closing

WDW1974

Original Poster
Take these for what they are worth.

Imagination CMs have been told that their pavilion will be 'temporarily' be closing this winter. I have no idea why or for how long, but since they don't do refurbs we can rule that out.

Also, some folks in marketing have already been talking about what they'll do for Christmas 2014 sans the Ozzy and Sharon Lightacular.

DisneyDreamer08

The lights at DHS are being discontinued? We are planning a trip in late Nov 2014 specifically because I have always wanted to see all the Christmas hoopla. It will be our first trip since 2009 and first ever for the holiday season. Bah humbug.

djlaosc

The lights at DHS are being discontinued? We are planning a trip in late Nov 2014 specifically because I have always wanted to see all the Christmas hoopla. It will be our first trip since 2009 and first ever for the holiday season. Bah humbug.

We're already booked up to go visit the Osborne Lights in 2014... (obviously other things as well, but they are one of the major reasons that we were going at that time)

DocMcHulk

Imagination CMs have been told that their pavilion will be 'temporarily' be closing this winter. I have no idea why or for how long, but since they don't do refurbs we can rule that out.

Also, some folks in marketing have already been talking about what they'll do for Christmas 2014 sans the Ozzy and Sharon Lightacular.

WOL was only "temporary", wasnt it? Or maybe just "seasonal"

Captain Neo

Sounds like they are considering the other Star Wars proposal which replaces Muppet area and the streets of America instead of Echo Lake and Indy.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Interesting development regarding the lights....as I recall, DHS took a big hit during the "off" holiday season, after Residential Street was demo'd for LMA. Caps were way down because of their absence. Of course it stands to reason that a fully fleshed out park would more than make up for this annual bump in sales....I'd opt for a better park without the lights over what is there now.

SirLink

Interesting development regarding the lights....as I recall, DHS took a big hit during the "off" holiday season, after Residential Street was demo'd for LMA. Caps were way down because of their absence. Of course it stands to reason that a fully fleshed out park would more than make up for this annual bump in sales....I'd opt for a better park without the lights over what is there now.

Technically there is no reason why they couldn't build a temporary street in the car park, whist having merch carts along with drink carts everywhere. And still requiring a ticket to enter if they so desired

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom