Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

KYWDW

To me TDO seems so darn pleased with themselves over the new fantasyland expansion(or lack thereof) they won't announce anything until SDMT is boring adults. This is Disney and they do enjoy giving themselves pomp and circumstance over the tiniest unmagical things. Spent 6 days at disney the first week of June (visit same time due to work every year) and there wasn't anymore people in the parks than usual but there was long lines for everything. Haven't been to uni in 15 years looks like I won't be making it to 16.

Goofyernmost

WDW1974 said:
And 15,000 likes (maybe four from @Lee) ...I can't fully believe it, after the less than MAGICal welcome I got here five long years ago, but you like me. You really, really like me!!:)
Well, @WDW1974, I wouldn't read to much into that. Sometimes people get bored and like things because they got nothing else to do. Case in point, the number of likes I get beyond what I have posted. Oh, they may really like you, but, really, really like you is up for debate. :D

From my memory of you back 5 years ago...it's practically a miracle that you weren't systematically tarred and feathered. :p

Nemo14

BTW, how is Winky doing?

paranoid.gif

WDW1974

Original Poster
I would pay money to see the Yeti and Kong have a no-holds-barred wrestling match.
Take that, Limited Time Magic...!

Nope, I want to see Corless and Merfie in a kiddie pool of PB&J on what's left of the beach at the GF ...for charity, naturally. Perhaps we can get that Josh lifestyler to referee ...

EDIT: Screw Josh, how about Jenn Fickley-Baker in a two piece.

bubbles1812

To me TDO seems so darn pleased with themselves over the new fantasyland expansion(or lack thereof) they won't announce anything until SDMT is boring adults. This is Disney and they do enjoy giving themselves pomp and circumstance over the tiniest unmagical things. Spent 6 days at disney the first week of June (visit same time due to work every year) and there wasn't anymore people in the parks than usual but there was long lines for everything. Haven't been to uni in 15 years looks like I won't be making it to 16.
Except we do know NFE did not give them the bump they wanted or expected... They thought it would what Carsland did for DLR. Shockingly to them, surprising to no one here, it did not. But I get your point about them liking to make their own "pomp and circumstance" to use your word. They did have a press conference about benches afterall.

StageFrenzy

Honestly, the only truly good Kong film was the original. But it was a classic and the character has remained well known (and the lousy film from last decade only helped a bit), which should -- but won't -- shut up any whiny fanboi who wants to talk about Harry Potter or Star Wars losing its relevance.

Don't forget the ride was pretty good too, even though the tram doesn't turn in real life. I oscillate on whether Kongfrontation would be a great ride if they had left it running. On one level I could see it reaching classic status. However if they didn't update/upgrade the attraction, especially before the boy who lived arrived and the comcast purchase. We could have been looking at a disco Kong. I agree on the staying power of an 800-8000lb gorilla, if they start throwing their weight around especially at Lockheed jets.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Wait...what....?
When did that happen...?

I feel so out of the loop.....

Well, it wasn't long after his death so about eight years ago. Basically, his entire life's collection went on DisneyAuctions.com. I don't entirely blame Disney as his family had control and that was before the economic collapse when people were paying absurd prices for anything. But ... Disney should have bought the collection itself instead of aiding in selling it off to the highest bidder piece by piece.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Well, @WDW1974, I wouldn't read to much into that. Sometimes people get bored and like things because they got nothing else to do. Case in point, the number of likes I get beyond what I have posted. Oh, they may really like you, but, really, really like you is up for debate. :D

From my memory of you back 5 years ago...it's practically a miracle that you weren't systematically tarred and feathered. :p

You probably get lots of charity likes (remind me to leave you one). I know how much I'm beloved by both the MAGIC community and the greater Disney fan community. It is hard to not let my ego swell up, but @Lee attempts it.

I wrongly thought that the love people had for me on other Disney sites would transfer over here automagically, but it took some time. But I've never been one to care whether people like me or not, just that they read me. And that speaks for itself.:)

Figments Friend

Well, it wasn't long after his death so about eight years ago. Basically, his entire life's collection went on DisneyAuctions.com. I don't entirely blame Disney as his family had control and that was before the economic collapse when people were paying absurd prices for anything. But ... Disney should have bought the collection itself instead of aiding in selling it off to the highest bidder piece by piece.
Thank you for the info.
I agree, it would have been nice to see it archived or put into some kind of display.

I wonder if this will happen with John Stone's collection too.
Just found out about his passing...
:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom