Test Track refurb???

Epcot '92

It did have one. And no.

There may be a better Test Track, but there won't be another World of Motion.

True... Just how there wont be another Horizons. But at least this is a worthy replacement instead of Mission Space, Or Festival Center, or Eric Idles Bumbling journey. More worthy than original Test Track IMO

TP2000

Now, granted, I never went on World Of Motion....

Oh, for gosh sakes. As if I wasn't already feeling old, now there are kids out there who think of World of Motion as some sort of mythical past attraction that they never went on and just re-live via YouTube?

YouTube never does any attraction justice. Never. And the grander and more impressive the ride, the worse job YouTube does if you never actually rode it yourself. And in the case of World of Motion, YouTube doesn't even come close. It was a fabulous ride full of heart and charm that can't be conveyed on your small laptop computer screen.

Test Track 2.0 better be darn good. With the talking animatronic cars of Radiator Springs Racers in WDI's bag of tricks as the rehab started, they have a lot of new technology and visual imagery to work with that World of Motion never had.

the.dreamfinder

Test Track 2.0 better be darn good. With the talking animatronic cars of Radiator Springs Racers in WDI's bag of tricks as the rehab started, they have a lot of new technology and visual imagery to work with that World of Motion never had.
Considering that Bob Weis, Tom Morris, Skipper John and Kevin aren't involved, don't get you hopes up.

Epcot '92

Just because Im young, should not discredit my love for former Epcot attractions. I never experienced Magic Journeys, Original UofE, Pre-1994 SSE, Communicore, Kitchen Kaberet, Listen to The Land or World of Motion. But from what I have viewed (especially your videos, Martin) It was this amazing ride. I do remember Dream finder, Crannium Command, Mesa Verde, Food Rocks, Wonders of Life, Tapestry of Dreams. American Adventure? Best show Disney has ever done.

I may not have been there Oct. 1 1982, but I was there Oct. 1st 2012 ran through the rain, just to hear Marty Sklar speak, sat through Meg's "Stories". I bought the merch. I write the updates, I Stalk the park. I Love Epcot with all of my heart, and when I say this (Test Track) is a great addition to Epcot as it fits the original EPCOT vision, then you should believe me, not saying Oh you're young you dont understand.

We need to Keep Moving Forward. I (as in my peers) are the future of this world. I would use a Tomorrow"s Child lyric, but ill probably get chastised for using that to, Since I only downloaded it to my ipod and listen to it when I drive to work at the Tower Of Terror.

/endrant

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
The following excerpt was found via google on another forum:

"Rode it yesterday about 4 times. Not every effect is working yet, Today may have been the first day with everything on...

Spoilers ahead!

The actual ride is actually referred to as the Sim Track.

Heavy use of Blacklight and brings a sort of Tron Vibe. Almost all traces of 98 Test Track are gone! (Exception of some Black and Yellow paints in Load/Unload areas and the Maintenance Bay) And the Semi-Truck gag is back but really well done.

Lots of little references to EPCOT Center, World of Motion and even a Cars reference!

Designing the car is very similar to Sum of All Thrills! But a lot more fun! you can create anything from realistic concept car to Even a huge Truck that looks like a tank! (Thats what I did!)

Did not experience post show beyond the big screen that shows every ones car and stats (Much like the Globe post show at Spaceship Earth)

They were cycling cars much closer than what I remember... On the Speed Loop, I felt like a Hot Wheels on those old plastic dueling tracks with the motors.

The design stage has variable design times of 9 mins, 7 mins, and 5 mins. Based on line length... So I see it never going to 9 mins, maybe 7 mins in January/February.

The line will constantly have at least a 60 min wait time. Fastpasses will be gone in an hour. Because every family with a male child will want to go and design their own car. Actually everyone will want to ride, even if all they want to do is design their own car.

My opinion: Even with not everything working right quite yet, It is a significant improvement over the past Test Track. No more industrial feel, all sleek Tron/Epcot Center feel. This is the best re-imagining Disney has done at Epcot,or even Walt Disney World, rivaling Summer Nighttastic's Tower of Terror. Its a must not miss.

But I will say this: Bill McKim. You will be missed..."

Credit: priestofsyrinx, a user from Them Park Review.

Sorry it isn't first hand... Just figured at this point sharing some reviews would be helpful.

Clamman73

We need to Keep Moving Forward. I (as in my peers) are the future of this world. I would use a Tomorrow"s Child lyric, but ill probably get chastised for using that to, Since I only downloaded it to my ipod and listen to it when I drive to work at the Tower Of Terror.

/endrant

I was singing to myself "the future world is born today" on my pre-turkey calorie burn bike ride this morning from Tomorrow's Child after being excited for TT 2.0. That line? Even though I went to Epcot on the monorail before it was completed, I won't chastise you...promise. ;)

Was also thinking about bulldozing Mission Space, but let's not go there in this thread...

Sry, don't mean to take this too much off topic...

djkidkaz

SPOiLERS!!!!

Ok guys ill be the odd man out. I rode TT today and was not impressed. The whole thing is just strange. The preshow queue has like two things to look at, then u design your car in under 2 minutes which is not enough time with all the options like turbo thrusters and police lights and tron wheels. Then the ride is just a bunch of weird sets and screens with jumbled pictures / numbers scrolling. The semi is still in there and the barrier test. It's all just very strange and doesn't make much sense. The post show wasn't really running so no opinion on that. The whole thing is very Tron. It's so different they could have left regular test track and installed this next door and they would be two completely different experiences. I'll answer questions if anyone has any. Sorry for the negative review but it just wasn't my cup of tea. I prefer the original version better. Oh and I've never done WOM before so can't compare.

dreamscometrue

SPOiLERS!!!!

Ok guys ill be the odd man out. I rode TT today and was not impressed. The whole thing is just strange. The preshow queue has like two things to look at, then u design your car in under 2 minutes which is not enough time with all the options like turbo thrusters and police lights and tron wheels. Then the ride is just a bunch of weird sets and screens with jumbled pictures / numbers scrolling. The semi is still in there and the barrier test. It's all just very strange and doesn't make much sense. The post show wasn't really running so no opinion on that. The whole thing is very Tron. It's so different they could have left regular test track and installed this next door and they would be two completely different experiences. I'll answer questions if anyone has any. Sorry for the negative review but it just wasn't my cup of tea. I prefer the original version better. Oh and I've never done WOM before so can't compare.

No problem with a negative review-we all have different tastes-but it doesn't even sound like the same attraction that all the others are raving about. Shrug

Axle1986

SPOiLERS!!!!

You seem to like the words weird and strange. Not very good descriptive words tho, but thanks for trying :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The following excerpt was found via google on another forum:

My opinion: Even with not everything working right quite yet, It is a significant improvement over the past Test Track. No more industrial feel, all sleek Tron/Epcot Center feel. This is the best re-imagining Disney has done at Epcot,or even Walt Disney World, rivaling Summer Nighttastic's Tower of Terror. Its a must not miss.

But I will say this: Bill McKim. You will be missed..."

Credit: priestofsyrinx, a user from Them Park Review.

Sorry it isn't first hand... Just figured at this point sharing some reviews would be helpful.

Well I was interested in this post until the comparison to ToT Summernightastic edition. That was horrendous, so any comparison to that cannot be good LOL

iheartdisney91

The definite opening looks to be Dec. 6th. Currently it seems there are CMs allowed on once in a while since they are tweaking effects and doing some other finishing touches. Since Dec 6th is a Thursday, I would imagine them doing some soft opening that week (or before) to get a volume of people running through before they officially open it.

awesome! thanks!

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Well I was interested in this post until the comparison to ToT Summernightastic edition. That was horrendous, so any comparison to that cannot be good LOL

Yeah, I was just passing along reviews as they are seemingly scarce in this CM only soft opening. I guess he just really liked Summer Nighttastic lol... The rest of the info does shed some light on the ride though.

Clamman73

SPOiLERS!!!!

Is it clear whether or not you're in the section testing Efficiency, Power, etc...?

Do you see a score displayed after each section?

Does the Semi look more futuristic or the same or can't really notice?

Whistle sound still there just before exiting outside from barrier test?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom