Disney Buying LucasFilm! WHOA

Atomicmickey

Agreed.
Or...Favreau...

Dude....harsh...

Sorry. I know the guy is enthusiastic. I've seen most of his films.
I don't think he has the chops. Hey, he could surprise me, but I'd be surprised
if he's on any sort of a short list.

Nothing personal to you, of course. :)

Atomicmickey

Product synergy! Coming our way!

(didn't make this one, found it, can't believe it exists, but here ya go!)

Star%20Wars-Avatar%20Helmet.jpg_thumb.jpg

Lee

Adventurer
Sorry. I know the guy is enthusiastic. I've seen most of his films.
I don't think he has the chops. Hey, he could surprise me, but I'd be surprised
if he's on any sort of a short list.
Agreed...hence the capital letter "KIDDING" under the photo...;)
There'd be way too much talking in a Smith Star Wars...

Captain Neo

No, absolutely not.

How tough is it to make these deals when you can get the price you want? What fanboi wouldn't have pulled the trigger on Pixar ... on Marvel (OK, this Spirit here!) ... or on Lucas?

But the same reason you would give props to Iger for getting them you have to look at the flipside and that says 'we can't create compelling product at all anymore, so we have to buy it wherever and whenever we can' ...

What are you talking about? Disney is still making original animated films Wreck-It-Ralph and whatever they have in the pipelin next in addition to their own live action films (Lone Ranger, Oz, Alice In Wonderland, Enchanted). Disney's live action stuff has always been mediocre at best (pirates was the exception) and there animation department has had its ups and downs over the years but its still kicking. The only real loss is original concepts in the parks but i'd take Marvel and Lucas attractions in the parks over pixar ANY DAY OF THE WEEK and im sure most people would agree with me. I'm sick of like stitch encounter and monster inc laugh floor and what they did to the living seas.

CinematicFusion

Nah...Ridley tends to be a bit too dark for Star Wars. Besides he's busy combining the Alien and Blade Runner universes.

No...Star Wars should be in the hands of someone who loves the whole mythology and universe.
Someone who would cut off his pinky to get his hands on Star Wars.

Someone like...
smith_sm.jpg

KIDDING, KIDDING....;)

His heart is in the right place...guess if you liked jar jar with a potty mouth, he would be your guy :)
How about this gamble....Ben Affleck. His style could fit the universe

Computer Magic

No, absolutely not.

How tough is it to make these deals when you can get the price you want? What fanboi wouldn't have pulled the trigger on Pixar ... on Marvel (OK, this Spirit here!) ... or on Lucas?

But the same reason you would give props to Iger for getting them you have to look at the flipside and that says 'we can't create compelling product at all anymore, so we have to buy it wherever and whenever we can' ...
Excatly the new Disney motto, if you can't beat them buy them. Disney is risk-averse and chooses to purchase developed companies.

LithiumBill

Nah...Ridley tends to be a bit too dark for Star Wars. Besides he's busy combining the Alien and Blade Runner universes.

No...Star Wars should be in the hands of someone who loves the whole mythology and universe.
Someone who would cut off his pinky to get his hands on Star Wars.

Someone like...
smith_sm.jpg

KIDDING, KIDDING....;)
I love Kevin Smith, and he himself would tell you that he'd NEVER touch it, because he'd be afraid to sully his own fanboi feelings... lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom