New "Tangled" themed area

BrightImagine

Thank you... my family missed Flynn altogether... :(

The "princes" seem to be divided into two groups - the ones who have more personality get to meet more often, like Naveen and Aladdin and Eric... the guys with less to say, like Charming and Philip and No-name, get relegated to Halloween parties... Flynn belongs in the first group!

tl77

I thought that the Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty shows from the original leaked Fantasyland plans were going to be moved into to the Fairytale Hall, is that not the case anymore?

Tom

Beta Return
I thought that the Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty shows from the original leaked Fantasyland plans were going to be moved into to the Fairytale Hall, is that not the case anymore?

I hadn't heard that. The original "leaked" plans didn't call out anything in the SWSA building - well, original "construction plans" I should say. There might have been general plans of action.

Mimi

It would be really nice if they converted Snow White into a new, original ride. Personally, if Rapunzel is getting a mini-area, I think Sleeping Beauty should get some sort of actual attraction.

It could be a really simple dark ride, just like Snow White. But Aurora's story seems to be the most overlooked by current audiences IMO - she's known as the princess who fell asleep and woke up (and lots of people don't even know her name). Perhaps a Sleeping Beauty dark ride could generate even more interest in Aurora (or at least allow people to get to know her, and thus be more likely to buy Aurora merchandise).

For the record, I'm not a big Aurora fan. Ariel is my favorite princess, and I'm expecting her ride to be decent enough. I just think in terms of princess equity, Aurora seems to be the most overlooked of the European fairytale princesses (she has 3 castles named after her, but still people don't know her name or personality).

Aurora is my favorite princess and Sleeping Beauty is by far my favorite Disney film!

She is beautiful, she has a lovely singing voice, she loves animals and she likes to frolic in the woods in her bare feet. I don't think she has any less personality than Snow White or Cinderella, she just needs more exposure! Sure lots of people don't know that Sleeping Beauty's name is Aurora but who knows Cinderella or Snow White's real name? (Those were nicknames given to them long after they were born.)

And as far as stories go Sleeping Beauty has it all; action, adventure, comedy, romance and suspense! The film features beautiful artwork, one of the coolest villains of all time and a handsome hero who is willing to defy centuries of tradition and risk his life to marry the girl he loves - certainly a more dimensional character than Prince Charming and Prince no-name.

... not to mention the Three Fairies. This movie is crying out for an attraction of its own!

tl77

I hadn't heard that. The original "leaked" plans didn't call out anything in the SWSA building - well, original "construction plans" I should say. There might have been general plans of action.

I'm mean the original plans the expansion area... before the "Seven Dwarves Mine Train" ride, there was going to be the two meet and greet show buildings called something like "Cinderella's Chateau" and "Sleeping Beauty's Cottage".

In the Cinderella's building there was going to be a kind of magic show where The Fairy Godmother turns Cinderella's peasant clothes into her gown, and Sleeping Beauty was going to have some kind of show with her 3 fairies as well. But when the FLE plans got changed, I though these 2 shows were going be held in the Fairytale Hall instead

MerlinTheGoat

Aurora is my favorite princess and Sleeping Beauty is by far my favorite Disney film!

She is beautiful, she has a lovely singing voice, she loves animals and she likes to frolic in the woods in her bare feet. I don't think she has any less personality than Snow White or Cinderella, she just needs more exposure! Sure lots of people don't know that Sleeping Beauty's name is Aurora but who knows Cinderella or Snow White's real name? (Those were nicknames given to them long after they were born.)

And as far as stories go Sleeping Beauty has it all; action, adventure, comedy, romance and suspense! The film features beautiful artwork, one of the coolest villains of all time and a handsome hero who is willing to defy centuries of tradition and risk his life to marry the girl he loves - certainly a more dimensional character than Prince Charming and Prince no-name.

... not to mention the Three Fairies. This movie is crying out for an attraction of its own!

I agree on Sleeping Beauty, i believe it would transition into a dark ride extremely well and deserves it. Do it right and it could be awesome. And an original non-cloned ride to boot.

By the way, Snow White IS actually the real name of the princess from the Grimm Brothers' fairy tale. In the original fairy tale, her Queen mother (original queen, not the step mother) names her that out of inspiration from snow falling on her window. Yes i know i'm sort of a dork for knowing that, i grew up with the original Grimm fairy tales alongside the Disney versions (had a book full of them).

Mimi

By the way, Snow White IS actually the real name of the princess from the Grimm Brothers' fairy tale. In the original fairy tale, her Queen mother (original queen, not the step mother) names her that out of inspiration from snow falling on her window. Yes i know i'm sort of a dork for knowing that, i grew up with the original Grimm fairy tales alongside the Disney versions (had a book full of them).

I stand corrected. ;)

lebeau

And for the previous poster who mentioned planning a trip just to meet princesses...we took 2 extra trips in 2011 just to see Flynn. :lol:

My girls don't really care about the princes. But, I have watched some YouTube videos of the Flynn meet and greets and he usually steals the show.

ToTBellHop

I'm mean the original plans the expansion area... before the "Seven Dwarves Mine Train" ride, there was going to be the two meet and greet show buildings called something like "Cinderella's Chateau" and "Sleeping Beauty's Cottage".

In the Cinderella's building there was going to be a kind of magic show where The Fairy Godmother turns Cinderella's peasant clothes into her gown, and Sleeping Beauty was going to have some kind of show with her 3 fairies as well. But when the FLE plans got changed, I though these 2 shows were going be held in the Fairytale Hall instead
Nope--those shows were canceled altogether (providing the money necessary for the Seven Dwarfs coaster). It'll be plain old meet and greets for the princesses.

tl77

Nope--those shows were canceled altogether (providing the money necessary for the Seven Dwarfs coaster). It'll be plain old meet and greets for the princesses.

Oh boo...

I can't believe they're tearing out a ride and not putting anything in its place, they should expand the meet and greet areas in front of the castle and leave the rides alone

ToTBellHop

Oh boo...

I can't believe they're tearing out a ride and not putting anything in its place, they should expand the meet and greet areas in front of the castle and leave the rides alone
Agreed. I don't honestly understand the need to get rid of SWSA. Leave the capacity.

Maybe they are considering scrapping the idea given we are nearing commencement of phased openings to the expansion and they still haven't announce a closing date. If they are still planning on the Fairytale Hall, whatever they are going to put in will clearly be quickly shoehorned (earhorned?) in.

tl77

Agreed. I don't honestly understand the need to get rid of SWSA. Leave the capacity.

Maybe they are considering scrapping the idea given we are nearing commencement of phased openings to the expansion and they still haven't announce a closing date. If they are still planning on the Fairytale Hall, whatever they are going to put in will clearly be quickly shoehorned (earhorned?) in.

The plot of land behind "Fairytale Garden" is about the same size as the "Snow White's Scary Adventure" building, and if "Fairytale Hall" is just going to be a big open room, it seems like it'd make more sense to build up "Fairytale Garden" that tear out SWSA

redfarmer06

Having shopped for Rapunzel merchandise recently, I can tell you that her merchandise is currently outselling the other princesses by far. At both Toys R Us and the Disney Store it was not uncommon to see that Rapunzel was explicity excluded in the print ads for deals on princess merch. My guess is that is at least a part of the motivation for the special treatment.

I agree here. I worked at Toys R Us for over a year, which was mostly after Tangled was released both in theaters and on DVD/Blu-Ray. Tangled merch was by far the best selling merchandise for girls, outselling Barbie, Disney princesses, and other girl toys.

amypooh

Timing?

What's the timing on this? Should it be done end of 2012 or early 2013 like the rest of FLE (other than the mine train)?

My girls also love tangled and I'd gladly reschedule my trip based on the opening of this M & G.

drew81

Original Poster
What's the timing on this? Should it be done end of 2012 or early 2013 like the rest of FLE (other than the mine train)?

My girls also love tangled and I'd gladly reschedule my trip based on the opening of this M & G.

I would say later in the year.

I want to be clear with everyone. While the area is being themed to "Tangled", the meet 'n greet area for Rapunzel isn't a for sure thing. It's just a rumor.

I also doubt they'll change their mind on Fairytale Hall. They can several rooms and keep the line moving. If you have a princess outside it changes the dynamic(length of sets, times, longer waits etc). Like TST and Toon Town before that, they'll always be able to have someone out on set.

NoChesterHester

There's enough room in the area to do two meet and greet rooms if need be:

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=28.4205845&lon=-81.5824181&z=19&l=0&m=b

Obviously Fairytale Hall offers a larger area. I would expect Fairytale Hall to open as a meet and greet, but I hope that long term it becomes a dark ride again.

Off topic, but in looking at that map I am amazed by how large the Tomorrowland Speedway is. My goodness, it is nearly the size of the whole Fantasyland Expansion.

InLikeFlynn

My girls don't really care about the princes. But, I have watched some YouTube videos of the Flynn meet and greets and he usually steals the show.

Yes he does...and he is the reason my dd loves the boys so much now. Darn that Flynn...making her grow up and get all those girly feelings. :lol:

tl77

Off topic, but in looking at that map I am amazed by how large the Tomorrowland Speedway is. My goodness, it is nearly the size of the whole Fantasyland Expansion.

yeah it's amazing how big the Speedway is. When I was a kid it was my favorite ride, but the day I got a drivers license I never went back. Is it still popular with kids though?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom