New "Tangled" themed area

tmaziarz

tangled for boys also

My son loves the horse in tangled.
He cracks up when the horse and Eugene fight.

I hope they include the Horse and maybe some of the Bad guys from the bar scene.

Need to make it a fun ride for the whole family and just not little girls

:sohappy:

drew81

Original Poster
My son loves the horse in tangled.
He cracks up when the horse and Eugene fight.

I hope they include the Horse and maybe some of the Bad guys from the bar scene.

Need to make it a fun ride for the whole family and just not little girls

:sohappy:

You can see those characters in Disney on Ice Dare to Dream.

BrightImagine

It would be really nice if they converted Snow White into a new, original ride. Personally, if Rapunzel is getting a mini-area, I think Sleeping Beauty should get some sort of actual attraction.

It could be a really simple dark ride, just like Snow White. But Aurora's story seems to be the most overlooked by current audiences IMO - she's known as the princess who fell asleep and woke up (and lots of people don't even know her name). Perhaps a Sleeping Beauty dark ride could generate even more interest in Aurora (or at least allow people to get to know her, and thus be more likely to buy Aurora merchandise).

For the record, I'm not a big Aurora fan. Ariel is my favorite princess, and I'm expecting her ride to be decent enough. I just think in terms of princess equity, Aurora seems to be the most overlooked of the European fairytale princesses (she has 3 castles named after her, but still people don't know her name or personality).

I agree that a Sleeping Beauty attraction would be great... the problem is that while Aurora is so beautifully designed, as you pointed out she is fairly personality-free. The most memorable thing about the movie is not Aurora but the visual design and the three fairies. Maybe the three fairies could star in the story of the ride... they have to fix something... and Aurora makes an appearance.

For those who are not sure that Tangled has stood the test of time... Sleeping Beauty got her castle before her movie was done. I loved Tangled and I do hope that Rapunzel gets her own area, but I think it's only fair to let Flynn come back!

Regarding Pixie Hollow - what is going on? The latest Tink movie pushed back... Pixie Hollow cancelled... Tink M&G with just two fairies instead of three. My daughter just loves the Disney Fairies, all their movies, books, and magazine. Their universe has so much potential. Is it really a failure? I am happy they're in the Veranda now, but unhappy that we still can't see all the characters. We are another family that spends all out time in M&G lines... spent literally 5 hours waiting to see Tink's friends two years ago.

RunnerEd

I agree that a Sleeping Beauty attraction would be great... the problem is that while Aurora is so beautifully designed, as you pointed out she is fairly personality-free. The most memorable thing about the movie is not Aurora but the visual design and the three fairies. Maybe the three fairies could star in the story of the ride... they have to fix something... and Aurora makes an appearance.

For those who are not sure that Tangled has stood the test of time... Sleeping Beauty got her castle before her movie was done. I loved Tangled and I do hope that Rapunzel gets her own area, but I think it's only fair to let Flynn come back!

Regarding Pixie Hollow - what is going on? The latest Tink movie pushed back... Pixie Hollow cancelled... Tink M&G with just two fairies instead of three. My daughter just loves the Disney Fairies, all their movies, books, and magazine. Their universe has so much potential. Is it really a failure? I am happy they're in the Veranda now, but unhappy that we still can't see all the characters. We are another family that spends all out time in M&G lines... spent literally 5 hours waiting to see Tink's friends two years ago.

Just my opinion but Maleficent seemed to be the star of the movie. A dark, villain-centered dark ride would be PHENOMENAL!!!!

coolbeans14

It would be quite amazing though.

Isnt tim burton supposedly making a movie about malificent, it could really bring an audience for a ride.

DisDadEddie

I heard that area was where the new rest rooms will be. With the interactive Que being added to Peter Pan I read the bathrooms were being relocated to make space. If Rapuzal is being moved there instead it would be great. When I see something official I will believe it.

lebeau

It would be quite amazing though.

Isnt tim burton supposedly making a movie about malificent, it could really bring an audience for a ride.

Burton dropped out. But the movie is going forward with a first-time director. Expectations dropped from "low" to "who cares" in my book. I don't see it ever having any presence in the parks beyond some synergy around opening.

drew81

Original Poster
I heard that area was where the new rest rooms will be. With the interactive Que being added to Peter Pan I read the bathrooms were being relocated to make space. If Rapuzal is being moved there instead it would be great. When I see something official I will believe it.

I don't think anyone is saying that the bathrooms won't be going there. It's rumored that the entire area will be themed to Tangled.

Ignohippo

Yes, Tinker Bell and the Fairies were not the success Lasseter had hoped. The latest was demoted from a full-length feature into a half-hour Disney Channel special – The Pixie Hollow Games. Another movie is supposed to be out in Fall 2012 - "Secret Of The Wings".

I don't think people connected with the way Tinkerbell has been portrayed in these films. It's certainly not what I thought a Tinkerbell series of movies would be like.

Still, the Fairies are incredibly popular. Putting a M&G next to Pan and not having it be the Fairies is really, really odd IMO.

ToTBellHop

People seem to say this a lot around here...but the Princesses usually take center stage. It is very seldom that you see Prince Erik, Charming, Phillip, etc. You see Beast (illogically in Beast form) only because he's distinctive looking, but most of the princes look the same as one another. While little girls want to meet the princesses that they emulate, little boys don't really care to see the princes. They want to see pirates, Buzz, Lightning McQueen, etc.

Magenta Panther

Yes, Tinker Bell and the Fairies were not the success Lasseter had hoped. The latest was demoted from a full-length feature into a half-hour Disney Channel special – The Pixie Hollow Games. Another movie is supposed to be out in Fall 2012 - "Secret Of The Wings".

I don't think people connected with the way Tinkerbell has been portrayed in these films. It's certainly not what I thought a Tinkerbell series of movies would be like.

Still, the Fairies are incredibly popular. Putting a M&G next to Pan and not having it be the Fairies is really, really odd IMO.

As for the movies, they should never have had Tinkerbell talk. She had much more personality as a mute than she does as a chatterbox. Plus, the CGI animation was meh, and so were the other characters.

imagineer boy

Yes, Tinker Bell and the Fairies were not the success Lasseter had hoped.

Quite frankly I'm not surprised in the slightests.

And to be honest I didn't really care all that much for Tangled. Its good, but I wasn't head over heels for it. Mainly because the songs were very boring, and I wish it was 2-D animated.

Tom

Beta Return
Are we still sure they are still doing the fairytale hall? I haven't heard any new news and with all the princesses getting their own areas, it won't make sense to get rid of Snow White? Maybe they could just do a re-theme?

Disney doesn't like to publicize the CLOSING of attractions, due to the negative press they get (primarily on boards like this). They'll keep this information under wraps until the last minute.

Keeping it as a Snow White attraction would be silly. Two attractions with the same theme side-by-side would saturate that theme, when they could utilize the space for other things. I just wish they weren't turning such a large space into a giant M&G. I hope they re-think this and just scatter the princesses around the park in a more logical manner....and use SWSA for something new.

Was this tower on the blueprints floated around awhile ago? I don't remember seeing that much detail on there.

If I remember correctly, there was a circular space that had an entrance to one of the restrooms. I'd assume that circular space would be the tower.

Right. The larger (womens) restroom building has a circular structure at the main entrance/exit. Unless they update the plans, that will be a tower.

Like others have said, Princess Fairytale Hall seems less and less necessary... maybe they really are changing plans again. Here's hoping for a Tangled ride on the Snow White tracks; maybe now they'll keep SWSA open until the mine train is ready and then assess what's best for that spot.

I hedge my bets that they'll keep SWSA open until the mine ride opens. Worst case, it will close when Mermaid opens, since they'll redistribute the crowds.

Actually, a few cast members told me this evening that Rapunzel will be moving to the old Snow White's Scary Adventures attraction where all the Disney Princesses will be moving to.

Taking over at the Fairytale Garden will be Princess Merida from Pixar's Brave.

Well, there we have it.

I know the talk was that long term Fairytale Hall wouldn't always be a meet and greet - I'd love to see them reconsider the plans and put a new C-Ticket dark ride on par with an upgraded Snow White's Scary Adventures. Although if we're up for dreaming big - let's demo Winnie the Pooh and Snow White's Scary Adventures and replace it with Pooh's Hunny Hunt.

I agree with making it a new dark ride. I like your last idea, but I won't get my hopes up. TDO wouldn't dare bring a popular attraction to the MK.

They could have all the room in the world if they'd put walking ramps on either side of the restroom and build a second story for a M & G. If they do it right, the restrooms would be subtle and the area would just look like a hill with the M & G on top.

If they built ramps to a second story M&G, the ramps would be as long as the ones at the monorail stations, since slope is limited by ADA regulations. There isn't enough space in that area to do this. There is, however, enough space in the new plaza area to rope off a queue.

People seem to say this a lot around here...but the Princesses usually take center stage. It is very seldom that you see Prince Erik, Charming, Phillip, etc. You see Beast (illogically in Beast form) only because he's distinctive looking, but most of the princes look the same as one another. While little girls want to meet the princesses that they emulate, little boys don't really care to see the princes. They want to see pirates, Buzz, Lightning McQueen, etc.

Right! Very few people actually care about the princes.

kashmir

Agreed.

ChristmasandCottonCandy014.jpg

Note the matching Rapunzel dresses. And Joey won't usually wear princess dresses.

What gorgeous little girls, lebeau!
I also can't wait for a Rapunzel m&g!!

InLikeFlynn

Actually, a few cast members told me this evening that Rapunzel will be moving to the old Snow White's Scary Adventures attraction where all the Disney Princesses will be moving to.

Taking over at the Fairytale Garden will be Princess Merida from Pixar's Brave.

Snow White's Scary Adventures will become a Disney Princess Meet and Greet

I'd heard this too, but maybe Rapunzel going into Town Hall is just temporary until her new digs are done? Maybe when the princesses make their move into the new area, she will move too.

And yes. BRING BACK FLYNN. :mad:

InLikeFlynn

Right! Very few people actually care about the princes.

Some might not care, but many do. My daughter has no desire to meet a princess unless the prince is there too because she says they're boring alone. And I'd tend to agree....having the pair there creates SO MUCH more interaction with the kids, and seeing characters play off each other is fun too.

And for the previous poster who mentioned planning a trip just to meet princesses...we took 2 extra trips in 2011 just to see Flynn. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom