New "Tangled" themed area

It'll be interesting to see how they fit everything in that area now with a supposed meet/greet added. I thought that one of the reasons for moving the bathrooms over there was to add more capacity, in addition to freeing up space for the Peter Pan queue. I guess that area will be opened up further back than it was before, in that case.

I have no doubt Disney will have more princesses in the future, so having permanent-themed meet/greet areas for each one will get impracticable over time. If we do have to suffer the loss of a classic dark ride in exchange for a meet/greet hall, I would want them to organize it so that it looks like you're greeting the princesses in their respective royal chambers. They could do it similar to how they do it on the cruise ships and at the Epcot Character Spot, only they're in individual rooms and you just move to the next one when you're finished. Then, when they introduce a new princess, they only need to change up the room a bit to fit her theme. Princesses like Cinderella, Belle, and Ariel (then later, Snow White) could have their meet/greets in their respective attractions. Rapunzel is incredibly popular and I suspect she'll always be--because she's a strong and relatable character. She has a permanent spot in FL in Disneyland, and they still have Flynn, so if they do have the space in that old skyway tower for her--why not? I just hope it doesn't get awkward with the bathroom crowd.

Yodadudeman

They might get a potty themed after them in that general vicinity.

Ha ha! Agreed. Even if they were to make the mistake of adding a Princess and the Frog attraction, there wouldn't be much room in that area to do it.

In my opinion, there are many other films which I would much rather see an attraction after.

InLikeFlynn

Wow, I can't believe of all the new construction I am most excited about a new restroom area. Walking towards it through Fantasyland is going to be amazing with the tower right in view!
And oh dear lord, please let them bring back Flynn Rider. Please.

Tom

Beta Return
Wow, I can't believe of all the new construction I am most excited about a new restroom area. Walking towards it through Fantasyland is going to be amazing with the tower right in view!
And oh dear lord, please let them bring back Flynn Rider. Please.

Of ALL the construction taking place in the Magic Kingdom....you're most excited about the new restrooms....

mouseology

Hi! This is my first post, but I've been reading the boards for a long time and found a lot of great info on here. Hopefully I'll be posting a lot more in the future :)

Anyway, I have a question: Why in the world hasn't Disney announced this? (Or have they, and I just missed it?) I mean, they announced the new princess-y square for Disneyland at D23, why not announce something that sounds way more substantial? There's a lot of heavy construction in this area, so why create confusion? I think with all the competition WDW is up against and all the other projects MK is undergoing, why not create to the hype & excitement? I'd love to see concept art in an announcement on the Disney Parks Blog or something.

Disneyboy17

From what I've heard it's not just a bathroom but more of the lines of the bayou! This is for the princess an the frog attraction . Where hav they ever themed inside a bathroom?

Tom

Beta Return
Hi! This is my first post, but I've been reading the boards for a long time and found a lot of great info on here. Hopefully I'll be posting a lot more in the future :)

Anyway, I have a question: Why in the world hasn't Disney announced this? (Or have they, and I just missed it?) I mean, they announced the new princess-y square for Disneyland at D23, why not announce something that sounds way more substantial? There's a lot of heavy construction in this area, so why create confusion? I think with all the competition WDW is up against and all the other projects MK is undergoing, why not create to the hype & excitement? I'd love to see concept art in an announcement on the Disney Parks Blog or something.

This isn't really something you use to market or hype up guests with. This is a new set of bathrooms, and a new walkway to the Haunted Mansion. They're improving guest flow....in more ways than one (pun intended).

It's hard to write a blog article about the new restrooms and path, and expect "regular" guests to get excited about it. We all know that this is a very necessary project, as the Peter Pan bathrooms are pretty miserable, and traffic bottlenecks under the Harbor House. This will eliminate both problems, plus it will open up more outdoor roaming area (plaza) with water features.

And supposedly, it will allow them to expand the Peter Pan queue into the area where the restrooms currently are, which will help absorb the crowds a bit better on that popular FL attraction.

From what I've heard it's not just a bathroom but more of the lines of the bayou! This is for the princess an the frog attraction . Where hav they ever themed inside a bathroom?

No.....it's really just a bathroom. The blueprints clearly show two buildings, one sized like a men's restroom, and the other sized like a woman's restroom. There will be a hill with a waterfall behind them, a few water features and a plaza area, and a new path behind Yankee Traders to the Haunted Mansion courtyard.

They MAY utilize some of the space as a Meet-n-Greet of some kind, since there is immediate backstage access (granted, you have to walk up between Small World and HM to get to the gate), but there will most certainly not be an attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom