New "Tangled" themed area

KevinYee

By the way, Snow White IS actually the real name of the princess from the Grimm Brothers' fairy tale. In the original fairy tale, her Queen mother (original queen, not the step mother) names her that out of inspiration from snow falling on her window. Yes i know i'm sort of a dork for knowing that, i grew up with the original Grimm fairy tales alongside the Disney versions (had a book full of them).

Schneewittchen, as her real name goes in the 1810 manuscript by the Grimms, before they started altering things in the 1812 first edition and 1819 second edition, was not only threatened by her real mother in the first version, she was rescued by her actual father (not a prince). The whiff of incest made the Grimms uneasy, and the changes kept going until Disney....

jjharvpro

Really looking forward to this Tangled themed area. I can already imagine walking through there and really feeling immersed in that atmosphere! I like this idea a lot. Hopefully we'll be getting a Rapunzel tower of some sort!

With Belle getting her own M & G (it's really gonna be like an attraction!), someone occupying Fairytale Garden, Ariel getting her own Grotto at her attraction, Tiana in Liberty Square, I think it's unnecessary for them to occupy SWSA's soon-to-be old home. It will be a theming overload if the Mine Train is right across from SNow White's attraction, so it should be replaced. But not with a M & G. Have some princesses at their appropriate homes, then put the rest at Fairytale Garden or Town Square Theater.

lebeau

I agree here. I worked at Toys R Us for over a year, which was mostly after Tangled was released both in theaters and on DVD/Blu-Ray. Tangled merch was by far the best selling merchandise for girls, outselling Barbie, Disney princesses, and other girl toys.

My theory is that Snow White, Cinderella and Ariel fans have all had decades to amass their collection. But most princess collectors have a Rapunzel-shaped hole in their collections now. I expect that the demand will fall in line with the other princesses in a year or two. But this Christmas, find Rapunzel merch was definitely more difficult than Barbie or any of the other princesses.

Good thing I shop early!

lebeau

I would say later in the year.

I want to be clear with everyone. While the area is being themed to "Tangled", the meet 'n greet area for Rapunzel isn't a for sure thing. It's just a rumor.

I also doubt they'll change their mind on Fairytale Hall. They can several rooms and keep the line moving. If you have a princess outside it changes the dynamic(length of sets, times, longer waits etc). Like TST and Toon Town before that, they'll always be able to have someone out on set.

Thanks for the additional info!

I'll temper my expectations based on your disclaimer. But I'm still hoping to be able to do a m&g in a Tangled themed area this fall. Fingers crossed!

Your explanation of the Fairytale Hall is basically what I was expecting. Mutiple rooms must make a huge difference.

mets7

Since MK is lacking on table service dining. Why not make a new one "Tiana's place." You could have a cajun theme and a Tiana meet and greet. Maybe if the talk about turning TSI into something else is true. You could make the riverboat stationary and turn it into a Tiana Restaraunt. Maybe even bring in Louis for meet and greets also. Then Turn SWSA into a sleeping beauty ride and now everyone has a home. I think they should turn the area in the town square theatre where the princesses were into a villian meet and greet. They seem to be very popular at the halloween party.

invader

Since MK is lacking on table service dining. Why not make a new one "Tiana's place." You could have a cajun theme and a Tiana meet and greet. Maybe if the talk about turning TSI into something else is true. You could make the riverboat stationary and turn it into a Tiana Restaraunt. Maybe even bring in Louis for meet and greets also. Then Turn SWSA into a sleeping beauty ride and now everyone has a home. I think they should turn the area in the town square theatre where the princesses were into a villian meet and greet. They seem to be very popular at the halloween party.

So much dare I say it, unneeded, synergy.

mm52200

But seriously though, if this new Tangled area is true, are they seriously only going to have Rapunzel? Wouldn't this probably be the perfect opportunity to bring back Flynn???

NoChesterHester

yeah it's amazing how big the Speedway is. When I was a kid it was my favorite ride, but the day I got a drivers license I never went back. Is it still popular with kids though?

Mine love it... unfortunately. I usually bribe them with an ice cream about the time they ask to ride.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Does anyone else think that the skyway station's old tall loading-station will be used as the "tower" for Rapunzel?

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

NoChesterHester

I was thinking the same thing. Since the structure is already there it could be repurposed into the tower.

Turning a square tower into a round one should be very interesting. They may be building a completely new facade around the existing tower. Seems to me it would be easier to remove and start over.

Tom

Beta Return
I I heard princess and the frog was getting an attraction by the haunted mansion anyone else heard this?

They might get a potty themed after them in that general vicinity.

Turning a square tower into a round one should be very interesting. They may be building a completely new facade around the existing tower. Seems to me it would be easier to remove and start over.

It may be that the supporting structure can be exposed, with a new facade to replace the existing one. If the inside structure is steel, masonry or poured concrete (it's one of those three), it's cheaper to leave it in place and re-skin it.

I was just comparing the demolition plans to the new plans. That tower is exactly where one corner of the new womens restroom building will be, which shows a round "tower". It's the front corner opposite the entrance to the womens restroom. Very likely that this old tower will be part of the new restroom.

They are also going to keep that existing pump house and incorporate it into the new layout.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom