New "Tangled" themed area

jambk

Not M & G

The area near Small World (former Skyway entrance) will be new bathrooms so that the Peter Pan Que line can be expanded to include more interaction.

phi2134

All of the specific details aren't known yet on Fairytale Hall. I haven't heard what princesses will be going there.

As far as Rapunzel, this is all still rumored. I'm not sure if or when she will move to a new location.

I have a feeling it will not only be a M&G but also a massive princess store, the whole princess makeover type stuff that is in the marketplace.

Biff215

The area near Small World (former Skyway entrance) will be new bathrooms so that the Peter Pan Que line can be expanded to include more interaction.

I think there might be thoughts of including both the restrooms and a M&G. It's not a huge piece of land, but depending on how they construct it, it doesn't seem impossible to include both, possibly even on separate levels.

I know some feel Rapunzel already has her spot, but it's a nightmare over there given the setup. It's just about impossible to see her without waiting a good hour in line, just hoping to get in. Our 3 year old absolutely loves her, but waiting like that just isn't an option.

I'm not saying it will lessen the demand to see her, just that it could be set up better in a different location. But I am with those who would like to see the Fairytale Hall idea scrapped, as the Town Square Theater seems to be handling everything fine right now.

jt04

I love that they're using the space for a M & G, and have nothing against Repunzel, but wouldn't the space be better utilized as Pixie Hollow given it's proximity to Pan?

Oh but there is a much better place potentially. PH needs a bit more space than offered by the former skyway station IMHO.

As talked about before, the old Skyway location will become a "Tangled" themed area. This area might include a meet 'n greet area for Rapunzel.

Well well, I once again get one right. :D This is great news especially if budgeted properly. The area could become as iconic to the MK as Space Mountain or the tea cups or the riverboat.

Horizonsfan

Seems like Princess fairytale Hall is now going to be a complete waste of space... three princesses only??? Forget Princess Fairytale Hall.. move Cinderella to the area where Rapunzel is now, by the Castle... Move Tiana to Liberty Square by the riverboat, or on the river boat (I know not the best space for her since it isn't New Orleans, but at least the river boat makes sense theme-wise)... And I am sure they could find a space for Aurora somewhere in Fantasyland...

Or will Jasmine and possible Mulan move into there now if Rapunzel won't be????

I'd agree. PFH seems to be unneccessary at this point.

In this instance, I really hope they don't spend too much on PFH and, as rumored, keep the track in tact. It'd be nice if soon after the mine ride they announced a new dark ride for the space.

If they need indoor space for the princesses, why not construct a new building on the site of the current Tangled/Belle M&G? There's plenty of ground over there for a modestly sized structure. Heck, you could make it multilevel. It's not like M&Gs require that high of ceilings.

Tom

Beta Return
As talked about before, the old Skyway location will become a "Tangled" themed area. This area might include a meet 'n greet area for Rapunzel.

Thanks for the update, Drew.

ehh... I will not visit it so i have no opinion...

You won't visit the potty in Fantasyland? If Peter Pan's restroom is ever on your agenda, so will be this.

But why not leave her where she currently is? Why theme another area to fit a character M & G? Repunzel will fade away in a couple years and then it will have to be rethemed to another ??????? Also why move the traffic associated with the M & G from it's current "out of the way" location and put it in one of the worst bottleneck locations in MK? I hope there is some special thinking going into this.

A LOT of thinking went into this. I can only assume you haven't seen the blueprints, or you wouldn't have said all of this. They're completely opening up that area, adding restrooms, carving a new path to the Haunted Mansion, and adding water features. It's going to ease the congestion for the area, provide more toilets, offer room for M&G, and allow Peter Pan to remodel its queue.

Whatever they do I hope they put some trees back in there. I always thought that was a neat little area.

They are. It's going to be very nice and scenic. Lots of "nature".

Yay! Meet and Greets! :sohappy:

The more people that are standing in line at M&G's....the fewer in line at rides :)

A whole area?! Shes getting a corner next to the bathrooms, LOL!

Right! It's dead area anyway, and not large enough for an attraction of any sorts.

I think there might be thoughts of including both the restrooms and a M&G. It's not a huge piece of land, but depending on how they construct it, it doesn't seem impossible to include both, possibly even on separate levels.

The piece of land will offer plenty of space for a M&G. It has direct backstage access and lots of open area.

Please have an epic tower.

It's going to have a tower. Not sure how epic, but it will have one.

mm52200

They better add Flynn back if they create this whole area for her...I mean a whole dedicated meet and greet space for one character? I also think PFTH is really unnecesary Town Square Theater seems to work just fine...also nothing like walking right out of Cinderella Royal's Table and meeting all the Princesses and then walking about a hundred feet and there are all the princesses in Fairytale Hall...I mean does no one really think about these things?

Are we still sure they are still doing the fairytale hall? I haven't heard any new news and with all the princesses getting their own areas, it won't make sense to get rid of Snow White? Maybe they could just do a re-theme?

Captain Chaos

Are we still sure they are still doing the fairytale hall? I haven't heard any new news and with all the princesses getting their own areas, it won't make sense to get rid of Snow White? Maybe they could just do a re-theme?

Well, we haven't been given a closing date for Snow White yet, so maybe some of the plans are being looked at again.. Who knows??? I just think, if Tangled is getting that area, and Rapunzel gets her meet and greet at that area, then PFH is not needed anymore... I cannot see how they can justify 3 princesses (providing Rapunzel is not included at the hall) in the hall when they can be spread out in Fantasyland...

Cinderella can get her M&G at the Castle, either where Rapunzel is now or a new area.... Tiana, again, the hardest princesses to place, can be by the river boat... And Aurora can also be by Cinderella Caste, maybe give her a place behind the Castle...

Horizonsfan

While it is a relatively small space, there is the FP queue for Philharmagic that could be repurposed as a M&G space.:drevil:

djkidkaz said:
Was this tower on the blueprints floated around awhile ago? I don't remember seeing that much detail on there.

If I remember correctly, there was a circular space that had an entrance to one of the restrooms. I'd assume that circular space would be the tower.

Cosmic Commando

Like others have said, Princess Fairytale Hall seems less and less necessary... maybe they really are changing plans again. Here's hoping for a Tangled ride on the Snow White tracks; maybe now they'll keep SWSA open until the mine train is ready and then assess what's best for that spot.

RSoxNo1

If Rapunzel is going into the old Skyway area that leaves the Fairytale Garden open...

I know the talk was that long term Fairytale Hall wouldn't always be a meet and greet - I'd love to see them reconsider the plans and put a new C-Ticket dark ride on par with an upgraded Snow White's Scary Adventures. Although if we're up for dreaming big - let's demo Winnie the Pooh and Snow White's Scary Adventures and replace it with Pooh's Hunny Hunt.

DonaldDoleWhip

It would be really nice if they converted Snow White into a new, original ride. Personally, if Rapunzel is getting a mini-area, I think Sleeping Beauty should get some sort of actual attraction.

It could be a really simple dark ride, just like Snow White. But Aurora's story seems to be the most overlooked by current audiences IMO - she's known as the princess who fell asleep and woke up (and lots of people don't even know her name). Perhaps a Sleeping Beauty dark ride could generate even more interest in Aurora (or at least allow people to get to know her, and thus be more likely to buy Aurora merchandise).

For the record, I'm not a big Aurora fan. Ariel is my favorite princess, and I'm expecting her ride to be decent enough. I just think in terms of princess equity, Aurora seems to be the most overlooked of the European fairytale princesses (she has 3 castles named after her, but still people don't know her name or personality).

Ignohippo

They could have all the room in the world if they'd put walking ramps on either side of the restroom and build a second story for a M & G. If they do it right, the restrooms would be subtle and the area would just look like a hill with the M & G on top.

What I would really like to see is a tree (like what was on the original FLE plans) for Pixie Hollow with the restrooms in the roots and the M & G above them in the tree itself. The pathway would wrap around the tree as it goes up the hill and the M & Gs would be around the back side and inside the tree (above the restrooms).

In general, Disney does a terrible job of taking advantage of usable space. The SWMT area is huge. There's no reason the Tangled M & G can't be designed to be incorporated in an area on the hill above the ride (where the ride is underground). Trees, etc, could hide the M& G area from the entrance and main area of SW so that it doesn't lose it's theming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom