Confessions of a DFTW Bride To Be

So I said most of it in person but Congratulations!!!! It was great actually meeting you and Jason and I agree that we will have to meet up soon!!! I cannot wait to read your full TR because I know there are details (and pictures) that we just couldn't cover in our brief meeting!

Can't wait to see everything and I really think that you should begin to hound me about my DFTW Report now lol :ROFLOL:

Good luck at home with the Mr. and remember March is 5 months away.... aaahhhh!!!!!:lol:

Fashionista007

Original Poster
We're Home!

We're home! I already edited the wedding video and I'm just waiting for it to upload to YouTube! In the meantime, I thought I would go back and respond to everyone :)

Shelley!!! OMG! How excited you must be - it's so close. And I completely understand your nerves, as well. I was worried about all the same things, but don't worry, when you wake up on your wedding day everything will be exactly as it should be. And more important than anything else, you'll be marrying the love of your life! :)

Congratulations to you and Jason! :sohappy:

We'll be at Epcot on Sunday, as well, so hopefully we can meet up.

Thank you Holly! As you know we did meet and it was awesome!! It was so good to see you and Brett and share some good F&W with you guys. Yay for the Disney Fairytale Wedding Brides and Grooms club :sohappy:

No worries on the tears! They are happy tears! I'm the same way with the Disney tears though, I even get all emotional watching commercials LOL

Lots and lots of happy tears flowed throughout the entire week! So many magical memories were made that will last a lifetime :) I can't wait to share them all with you!

I've been so behind on this thread because of school D:

I love your nails, the mickeys are so cute! Can't wait to hear all about your wedding, have a great time!

Thank you! A lot of ppl commented on my nails, they were perfect for the sandals I wore on our wedding day! Everything was perfect and I can't wait for the photos!

Today's the day - how time flies!!! :sohappy:

Congratulations to you both and thank you for sharing everything with us. Although I haven't posted before, I have followed you all the way, sharing your highs and lows. I can't wait to read your trip report when you get back.

Happy Wedding Day, Shelley and Jason!!! Congratulations to you both. :sohappy:

Thank you!! I checked this thread between our reception and dessert party and saw that people were posting, it just totally made my day! To think that basically complete strangers on the interwebs were thinking of me on that day was magical :)

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Just saw the pic you posted on Twitter. You looked so happy & excited!

Best of luck to you both for a long & happy marriage.

Happy Wedding Day & Congratulations!

Thank you so much!! I'm SO happy, I haven't stopped smiling since Tuesday :D

Your are beautiful!! The hair is perfect.

Thank you and I have to give props to Patricia LeJeune Hair & Makeup. All our our hair and my makeup stayed put all day even in the Florida humidity! I even forgot to take pictures of the hair I wanted and all I said was "like Belle" and she did exactly that. For the bridal portraits, I went with the loose romantic curls. I cannot wait to see the portraits, what an experience that was!!!

Just read the tweet that they are married! She said it was perfect & she was having a magical day.

What great news.

I was SO happy to see that someone was relaying my tweets :) Thank you so much, it was really hard to post to this forum with the weak signal I was getting all over WDW. I think it took me about a half hr to post the pics from the wedding day. It was much easier to tweet and facebook.

Congratulations!!! Wishing you love, laughter and a happy ever after!!

Cannot wait to hear about your magical day!

Big congrats to you and Jason!! :sohappy:

Enjoy your night at Epcot and the start of your new life together!!

Thank you all so much! Here's a little tidbit about our Dessert Party - Alfred Angelo employees just happened to be sitting behind us at UK Lochside and asked me to come up and model my dress! They took down my info and emailed me the next day asking to use my pictures for social media :sohappy: They were so nice!!

Shelley, I'm so happy for you and Jason :sohappy:

You look beautiful in your dress. I'm so glad everything worked out for you guys and you were able to have the amazing day you dreamed of for so long.

You look absolutely GORGEOUS!! I love your dress! So glad it was everything you dreamed! :)

Thank you!! It was really everything and more than I ever dreamed. We met SO many nice ppl on our trip and I really cannot wait to start the TR but this one will go slow since I have to wait 4 - 6 weeks for photos. The wedding was Day 4 so I'm going to do one day per week until I get the photos :)

Swoooooooooon! Your hair and makeup is perfect! Hooray for Patricia LeJeune. And yeah, the Cindy dress, I think we should rename it the Shelley dress... I'm pretty sure it was meant for you! You are absolutely stunning.

And your hubby is looking quite dashing, as well! :animwink: I can't wait to see your portraits. Have fun taking them!

LOL Holly you're too funny! And yeah I couldn't stop staring at Jason - you'll see it in the wedding video. He looked incredibly handsome, those big green eyes and dimples ::swoon::

Congratulations!!! Good Luck in the years to come. You both look wonderful!

Thank you so much! Just keep in mind that was 4 hrs of hair and makeup for me. It's like they say in Steel Magnolias "There's no such thing as natural beauty or else we would all be out of a job!"

Latest tweet is that they are about to check into Saratoga Springs to start their Honeymoon!

Again...Congratulations!

LOVE IT! Thank you so much for relaying my tweets :sohappy:

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Wowzers! And I was JUST THERE! Many congrats to Mr. & Mrs. Shelley! WooHOOOO!!!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Thanks Kelly!! Isn't SSR the BEST? We were really worried about going there from the GF because let's face it, the GF is the top resort so what can possibly compete with that? But we actually liked SSR BETTER!!! Okay not being on the monorail was the only downer. But the resort was beautiful and SO romantic for our Honeymoon. Thursday we never even went to a park, we just walked to downtown disney and hung out at the hotel all friggin day! Our room was at the Springs which is close to the big pool, Lobby, Artist's Palate, and Spa. It was really convenient. Even though we were close to a bus stop, we never heard any noises while we were in our room. It's like they have soundproof walls and doors there. It was silent as the grave which really is something we have never gotten from any Disney Resort. You can usually hear screaming kids at some point or at least people walking in the hallway past your room. We had a great time at GF too but SSR was definitely the place for our honeymoon and I highly recommend it!!

Happy Belated Wedding Day!

Love the little preview you posted...you guys look stunning! I'm so glad it was a perfect day. Can't wait to hear more about it! :sohappy:

Thank you!! It was more than perfect and I can't wait to start the TR, probably a bit later this week :sohappy:

Congratulations!! I'm glad everything went well. You look so pretty, I love the dress! Have a good honeymoon, we are all waiting for the report when you get back!

Congrats! You look amazing in your photos. Can't wait to see more :)

Thank you! I got SO many comments on my dress while we walked through the lobby of the GF and then again on Friday when we walked from our room to the lobby at SSR to meet our photographers for bridal portraits. Hehe they said they could pick us up at our room at the Springs but I said no, I wanted to walk!!!

So I said most of it in person but Congratulations!!!! It was great actually meeting you and Jason and I agree that we will have to meet up soon!!! I cannot wait to read your full TR because I know there are details (and pictures) that we just couldn't cover in our brief meeting!

Can't wait to see everything and I really think that you should begin to hound me about my DFTW Report now lol :ROFLOL:

Good luck at home with the Mr. and remember March is 5 months away.... aaahhhh!!!!!:lol:

Hi Karen! It was so great meeting you and we're so bummed we never got to meet Robby especially because he was working Peter Pan's Flight!! We never even rode it on this trip but we did take pictures in front of it during our MK bridal portraits :) March can't come soon enough, it's 48 degrees in Baltimore today and we're dying!!!

And yeah, get crackin on your report! Now I need to live vicariously through other brides :hammer:

But seriously I'm really not depressed that it's over and that surprises me. I think maybe once I get the photos and the TR is over I might feel a bit depressed but hopefully I'll be too busy planning our next adventure - moving to Orlando!

diddy_mouse

Just watched your video...

Chills, my friend. Chills. I think knowing everything that went into your wedding made it all the more special to watch you two get married. :eek: Totally choked up when your dad was giving you away...

Congrats again to you and Jason! And I wish you so many happy years together!

P.S. Loved your music choices, I had the same songs for my processional. :D

Figment82

Congratulations on your special day! I had happened upon this thread just after you left and I'm so glad everything worked out. You look beautiful!! Were you at MK on Saturday? I swear I passed you at some point and thought about saying something, but would've been so embarrassed if it wasn't!

I'm from Maryland too - I used to live in Baltimore County. I moved down to Orlando in 2006 and have loved the mild winters, so I totally understand where you're coming from, lol! I wish you all the best in your moving planning process!

Dianarella

Thanks for the heads up about needing tissues. I'm sitting here sobbing...sobbing I tell you. :eek:

My husband heard me & said "what's wrong"!?!

I said I was watching Cinderella getting married.

He said "who"? :lol:

Such a lovely wedding...and bride of course. You are so sweet to post the video for all of us to enjoy. So happy you had a "magical day".

I hope some written details will be coming at some point. I just can't get enough of your love story.

Also, the bouquet you made was to.die.for.

Not only did it look real, but it put some real bouquets to shame. Great job.

Welcome home & best wishes always for a happy life!

sweetpee_1993

Ack! Tracey is home sick from work so we just laid here and watched your video...oh-so sweeeeeet! Y'all are just adorable. You are so gorgeous! Such a perfect princess! And Jason, wowza! What a handsome prince you have there! Loved the music choices...such a beautiful ceremony. Thanks so much for sharing that with us. It's so sweeeeeeeet. Definitely makes a girl all reflective-n-junk. :D

plaz10

LOVED this whole thread leading up to your very special day. And the video - :cry: should not have watched at the office. Loved the music choices. Beautiful ceremony. You make an absolute gorgeous bride. And as cheesy as it sounds...you really do look like a princess. The dress is perfect for you! And your prince ain't too shabby either! Can't wait to see more pictures and full trip report on the best vacation of your life!! Congrats!!!

disneyfan28

Congrats!! I've been following your thread (lurking :lookaroun) from the beginning and I'm so happy everything worked out for you guys! You looked amazing! Best wishes to you both!

Oh the video.... I forgot my tissues :cry: ran off to get them as soon as I finished watching it! Your dress just looked amazing and everything seemed to be perfect! aahhh I am still watering up as I write this! Sheesh Shelley!!! :lol: You both are amazing and I cannot wait to read all of the details. I am definitely going to make sure Robby watches this when he gets home. I think it will give him a good swift kick to the fact that this will be us soon enough :eek: Also, I now think we are going to have to get the Disney Video instead of our own.... this just seems to do it so much more justice and I think will make everyone that much more jealous of a Disney Fairytale Wedding! :sohappy:

Time to get an update done :ROFLOL:

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Just watched your video...

Chills, my friend. Chills. I think knowing everything that went into your wedding made it all the more special to watch you two get married. :eek: Totally choked up when your dad was giving you away...

Congrats again to you and Jason! And I wish you so many happy years together!

P.S. Loved your music choices, I had the same songs for my processional. :D

Aww thank you! I think the Wedding Pavilion is made for that music. I've watched videos where they used Disney music and it just isn't the same as the traditional wedding music. I especially love the chimes and the wedding march. I'm going to write an entire page of the feelings I went through standing behind those doors hearing the chimes, our wedding planner said we had 12 chimes for 12 o'clock and I just stood there counting down....wow what a feeling!

Your video is beautiful!!!! And you looked GORGEOUS! I can't wait to hear all about it. :D

Thank you, I can't wait to write all about it! I need to catch up on your PJ, you're next my friend!! :sohappy: We went to the Boardwalk to meet up with some friends on Sunday and I told Jason all about your wedding :) I'm so excited for you, it's going to be beautiful!!! And the Cindy dress...you are just going to look and feel like a princess!! Scratch that, you are going to BE a princess!!

Congratulations on your special day! I had happened upon this thread just after you left and I'm so glad everything worked out. You look beautiful!! Were you at MK on Saturday? I swear I passed you at some point and thought about saying something, but would've been so embarrassed if it wasn't!

I'm from Maryland too - I used to live in Baltimore County. I moved down to Orlando in 2006 and have loved the mild winters, so I totally understand where you're coming from, lol! I wish you all the best in your moving planning process!

Thank you and yes we were at MK on Saturday 10/1! Man that was a madhouse but what an experience! The crowd sing along to When You Wish Upon a Star at the end had me absolutely sobbing :cry: The 2 ambassadors actually wished us congratulations as we walked by on Main Street and I wish we had stopped to get a picture! They were so nice!!

What a coincidence, we live in Baltimore County! I might hit you up for some relocation advice, we talked to so many different friends and cast members and have gotten conflicting reports about different areas to move. We're looking to move in April and we can't wait! We made SO many friends on this trip and most of them live in Orlando. It will be a great new adventure for us :sohappy:

Thanks for the heads up about needing tissues. I'm sitting here sobbing...sobbing I tell you. :eek:

My husband heard me & said "what's wrong"!?!

I said I was watching Cinderella getting married.

He said "who"? :lol:

Such a lovely wedding...and bride of course. You are so sweet to post the video for all of us to enjoy. So happy you had a "magical day".

I hope some written details will be coming at some point. I just can't get enough of your love story.

Also, the bouquet you made was to.die.for.

Not only did it look real, but it put some real bouquets to shame. Great job.

Welcome home & best wishes always for a happy life!

Awww your post made me cry!! And yes I will write up an entire trip report and I'm trying to get Jason to join so he can write up what he did the morning of our wedding.

Ack the bouquet! That was actually the real bouquet that was included in our wedding package. The bouquet that I made we used for the bridal portrait sessions and I'm SO glad we did. The bouquet from our wedding day weighed about 10 lbs (or so it felt). Taking portraits with that giant paper weight was really hard. If I had known, I definitely would have chosen a different flower. Take notes future brides, the all rose bouquet is the heaviest one you can get. It also bled a little bit on my dress by the end of the day. Our photographers for the bridal portraits said they could photoshop that out. Yea for technology!!

Ack! Tracey is home sick from work so we just laid here and watched your video...oh-so sweeeeeet! Y'all are just adorable. You are so gorgeous! Such a perfect princess! And Jason, wowza! What a handsome prince you have there! Loved the music choices...such a beautiful ceremony. Thanks so much for sharing that with us. It's so sweeeeeeeet. Definitely makes a girl all reflective-n-junk. :D

Aww I can just imagine you guys watching the video! I hope Tracey feels better! Thank you for all the compliments. Jason did look SO handsome, didn't he?? I literally couldn't take my eyes off of him! ::swoon:: I cannot wait to get our portraits, our photographers were really great. We had Joe and Alicia. Alicia and I actually had so much in common that we decided to keep in touch and I added her to facebook. I cannot believe how many new friends we made on this trip, it was just so great to meet such nice people! Now I just need to meet you and your family LOL.

Fashionista007

Original Poster
LOVED this whole thread leading up to your very special day. And the video - :cry: should not have watched at the office. Loved the music choices. Beautiful ceremony. You make an absolute gorgeous bride. And as cheesy as it sounds...you really do look like a princess. The dress is perfect for you! And your prince ain't too shabby either! Can't wait to see more pictures and full trip report on the best vacation of your life!! Congrats!!!

LOL I've been there - watching wedding videos at work and trying not to cry!! Thank you so much for all the compliments :) It was more than a vacation, this trip really did change our lives!

Congrats!! I've been following your thread (lurking) from the beginning and I'm so happy everything worked out for you guys! You looked amazing! Best wishes to you both!

Thank you for posting and for following along from the beginning. It went by fast, didn't it? I can't believe it's over but to tell you the truth we're so exhausted we're happy to be home. It was the first trip where I wasn't so sad to leave, we'll be back in March anyway :sohappy:

Oh the video.... I forgot my tissues :cry: ran off to get them as soon as I finished watching it! Your dress just looked amazing and everything seemed to be perfect! aahhh I am still watering up as I write this! Sheesh Shelley!!! :lol: You both are amazing and I cannot wait to read all of the details. I am definitely going to make sure Robby watches this when he gets home. I think it will give him a good swift kick to the fact that this will be us soon enough :eek: Also, I now think we are going to have to get the Disney Video instead of our own.... this just seems to do it so much more justice and I think will make everyone that much more jealous of a Disney Fairytale Wedding! :sohappy:

Time to get an update done :ROFLOL:

Thanks Karen :cry: I really was so sad that we never got to meet Robby, especially since he worked Peter Pan's Flight! I cannot believe we never got over there to ride it once in 9 days. We will definitely make it a point to see him (and you) in March! We can't wait to come back home!

I highly recommend getting at least the ceremony only package for the wedding pavilion. The cameras are built in so it just makes for a perfect video. Plus, they gave us our copy at the end of the cake and champagne celebration! We watched it 3 times on our trip and I cry every single time :sohappy:

Figment82

Thank you and yes we were at MK on Saturday 10/1! Man that was a madhouse but what an experience! The crowd sing along to When You Wish Upon a Star at the end had me absolutely sobbing :cry: The 2 ambassadors actually wished us congratulations as we walked by on Main Street and I wish we had stopped to get a picture! They were so nice!!

What a coincidence, we live in Baltimore County! I might hit you up for some relocation advice, we talked to so many different friends and cast members and have gotten conflicting reports about different areas to move. We're looking to move in April and we can't wait! We made SO many friends on this trip and most of them live in Orlando. It will be a great new adventure for us :sohappy:

Aw, rats! I should've gone ahead and said something when I thought I saw you - curse my shyness, lol! I agree, MK was crazy on Saturday! We had to leave around 3 to get ready for the Wine & Dine Half, but it was so much fun to be there. That's so great that the ambassadors wishes you congratulations - that's definitely something that not every newlywed couple can say!

Definitely contact me if you have any questions about moving closer to the magic. I'd be happy to help in whatever way I can. It was a big step for me, but I'm so glad I made the move. My parents actually followed me down a couple years ago and have loved as well. I hope you will too!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Great, looking forward to it! I hope you and Jason are enjoying life as newlyweds and that the post-wedding hangover isn't TOO bad. It sure was for me! :) :cry:

You know I really thought my post-wedding depression would set in by now but I still have so much to do - write the TR, make photo albums, send thank you cards, etc so it's not over for me yet! I think it might hit me when we go back for our next trip and strangers aren't talking to us all the time :( I keep waking up wondering if it was all a dream and then I turn on my phone and see the photo from our Dessert Party and I know it was real :sohappy:

Aw, rats! I should've gone ahead and said something when I thought I saw you - curse my shyness, lol! I agree, MK was crazy on Saturday! We had to leave around 3 to get ready for the Wine & Dine Half, but it was so much fun to be there. That's so great that the ambassadors wishes you congratulations - that's definitely something that not every newlywed couple can say!

Definitely contact me if you have any questions about moving closer to the magic. I'd be happy to help in whatever way I can. It was a big step for me, but I'm so glad I made the move. My parents actually followed me down a couple years ago and have loved as well. I hope you will too!

I feel the same when I see people I *think* I might know from the forums, blogs, or twitter! I'm always too shy to say hi. Luckily this trip I had people actually recognize me! There are quite a few people I saw that I didn't say hi to and I wish I had!!

I am so glad to meet SO many people who have relocated to FL to be closer to the magic. Really for us, it's more about the housing costs down there. We were talking to another couple who got married at the Wedding Pavilion, also from the Baltimore/DC area, and they raved about their move. I'll definitely be in touch, we've been getting some conflicting reports about what areas are the best around Disney.

I'm uploading all of the photos to Photobucket now and I promise I'll start the TR this weekend :sohappy:

Ariel484

You know I really thought my post-wedding depression would set in by now but I still have so much to do - write the TR, make photo albums, send thank you cards, etc so it's not over for me yet! I think it might hit me when we go back for our next trip and strangers aren't talking to us all the time :( I keep waking up wondering if it was all a dream and then I turn on my phone and see the photo from our Dessert Party and I know it was real :sohappy:

Haha, I totally know what you mean. We spent our honeymoon in Disney (May 2009) and the next time we came back I was just like "Um, everyone, why aren't you congratulating us?!" :lol: But then I just figured hey, at least we were in Disney, right?!

Playing with the wedding photos will be super fun! You guys will have a great time looking through them and re-living the wedding day!

WDW_Princess24

You looked stunning! I kept thinking of you while I was down there and was keeping my eyes peeled for you two love birds but no such luck!

So glad everything all worked out in the end! Can't wait to read a full TR and see the pics!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom