AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

juniorthomas

Amazing.

People complain there's no expansion in the parks.

Expansion happens.

People complain it's not about something they care about.

And you wonder why no one makes decisions based on what a message board says?

If they listened to the boards exclusively, WDW would consist of only Horizons with a Dole Whip stand.

Thessair

I fully understand some people's excitement even if I don't share it. However, just because something is the highest grossing film of all time it doesn't mean it's GOOD. It just means it's popular. I guess that will translate into dollars at the gate but I still think they could have chosen something with a little more proven staying power to go with.

MAF

I hear your growls are realistic enough that they might just use you.:ROFLOL:

Edit: We should start a tally on your complaints. I'd hate to be your server. Official MAF complaints: lllll lllll lllll lllll l

I'd actually take that job! :drevil: Oh and I'm always courteous to servers.

Don't get me wrong, AK desperately needs this expansion, I just can't stand Avatar. Good for Disney though...

stitchcastle

I should get back to work. Y'all have fun navel-gazing this one.

But, it strikes me that only the Disneyana community could have a violently negative reaction to (a) securing the global theme park rights to the highest-grossing film of all time and (b) promising to spend hundreds of millions of dollars to add something inspired by that film to one of the parks to get started.

Honestly, there's just no pleasing some people.

Right. As I wrote above (and which may have crossed your post in the aether): one big e-ticket plus supporting infrastructure and an enclosing environment is pretty much all there is to the Potterverse, too.

So far.

Are you serious? did you even look at the Potter land? the re-themed rides surrounding it? the shops and restaurants where people actually line up to experience iconic things from the movies/books? It takes a lot for me to start defending Harry Potter since I really am not a big fan of it at all but what blinders do you have on that you keep denying that it's a successfully realized land?

mightynine

On the topic of the sequels being a sure thing, the Matrix trilogy comes to mind.

All I remember is The Matrix was "the best movie ever" and then the sequels, which took a little while to come out, completely tanked. Moviegoers are a fickle bunch.

What are you talking about? There was no Matrix trilogy. There was just the one movie.

:lookaroun

JustInTime

I'd actually take that job! :drevil: Oh and I'm always courteous to servers.

Don't get me wrong, AK desperately needs this expansion, I just can't stand Avatar. Good for Disney though...

I agree and I think that is the important thing to keep in mind here. This is a theme park that desperately NEEDS more capacity. And if you like the movie or not doesn't impact if you enjoy the ride. I think this is a big step for WDW!

SleepingMonk

Yeah, a 3D rerelease didn't just kick the crap out of every single new release this weekend...oh wait.

"The profitability of 3-D cinema had dropped since the start of the vogue several years earlier, and more recent films were barely breaking even on their 3-D screenings. Now we've got another year's worth of data—12 months' more evidence that the medium is in peril."

http://www.slate.com/id/2303814/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom