AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
This land will open after the close of the Avatar trilogy. How do you feel about that?

Who as said there will only be three movies? All I have heard is that they are working on 2 and 3 right now. If they do even half what the first one did, more movies will follow!

WDWmazprty

Does this mean that they can finally close down E:E to fix the damn Yeti? :shrug:

Maybe they'll replace the Yeti with this guy

picture.php

:lookaroun

SleepingMonk

But you're talking about one attraction (which at the time was the first big e-ticket addition to the Magic Kingdom in a long while) versus and entire land, which mind you is about to be built with the intent that it could compete with the Harry Potter land.

An entire land is about to be built for $400 million?

Really?

Little Mermaid was $100 million. That's one single, very simple ride.

You're getting all worked up over something that will never happen.

$400 million from WDW today will get you one ride, one shop, one attraction.

Don't set yourselves up for the heartbreak people.

stitchcastle

Realistically, that's all Potter is, too.

A great attraction, plus a nice enclosing environment (shops, restaurants, etc.) that evokes the sense of place of the films, would be a strong addition.

Realistically huh? The Harry Potter land sells a whole experience, an immersion to the Harry Potter universe, the shops and restaurants are a part of what sells it, It's not just one ride. You do know this right? Like all those people on opening day weren't just lined up in front of the land just for the one ride.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Really?

I don't see any concrete figures given out by Disney yet. There is some speculation on numbers, but nothing officially released that I can see.

scout68

If the new land is built in the space left of the park entrance and will span west could this open up the possibility of an alternate mode of transportation from the Animal Kingdom resort? (boat, mini mono, or perhaps a flying stripped Clydesdale) :shrug:

JustInTime

Really?

NOTHING HAS BEEN MADE OFFICIAL! THESE NUMBERS ARE SPECULATION!!!!!! :fork:

blueboxdoctor

despite hating the movie (i put it in the top 5 worst movies list) I think it's a good move. Especially since AK was set up to have a fantasy creature type section this definitely fits. And they're cranking out 2 more movies, which will probably just keep getting worse, but still make the section relevant.

The only problem with this is when Avatar fades out, which has brought universal down some with a lot of older movies as themes for their sections.

GLaDOS

Who as said there will only be three movies? All I have heard is that they are working on 2 and 3 right now. If they do even half what the first one did, more movies will follow!

And the same can be said about Harry Potter. Rowling has already said she has interest in writing more books.

I see that that the same things being labelled "excuses" by Disney fans years ago are being used by them across the web.

This is a great thing for WDW. But I find the similarities to the Potter deal astounding, and the fact that people are missing some things they bashed Uni for in it.

bferrara16

On the topic of the sequels being a sure thing, the Matrix trilogy comes to mind.

All I remember is The Matrix was "the best movie ever" and then the sequels, which took a little while to come out, completely tanked. Moviegoers are a fickle bunch.

fractal

On the topic of the sequels being a sure thing, the Matrix trilogy comes to mind.

All I remember is The Matrix was "the best movie ever" and then the sequels, which took a little while to come out, completely tanked. Moviegoers are a fickle bunch.

That's because they no longer had someone else's story to copy. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom