Test Track refurb???

NicNoc12

Original Poster
There was a rumor on Facebook that Test Track will be closing for a 6 month refurb beginning in Jan. 2012. Has anyone else heard this rumor? Or can anybody confirm the accuracy of it?

sweetpee_1993

Good to see the love being doled out in the parks. We did a trip or 2 with Test Track closed for refurb. It wasn't so terrible. Just knowing it was being loved and would be ready to go when we got back was enough. :wave:

jjharvpro

Also glad to hear this. Someone here on the forums said that the queue was nasty, filled with dust,etc. So this touch-up will hopefully bring back quality(and maybe some new interactive elements,which I could easily see happening)!

invader

Can't wait if this is true, the attraction itself has just become so dated. Most of the stuff in line was dusty, and out-dated. The only change I've seen within the past couple of years to the ride is that there are now new TVs in the queue and the screens on-ride now work.

BigThunderMatt

I'm sure there's another Disney forum somewhere on the internet where people are responding to this news every other post with "MY VACATION IS RUINED!"

cheezbat

I know so many people freak out about rides and attractions being closed at WDW, but seriously, every few years...maybe every five years or so, they NEED to be refurbished. It drives me nuts the state of many of the attractions at WDW just because they never want to have anything closed due to complaints or whatever.
When I visit Disneyland oftentimes SOMETHING is closed, but at least the attractions that are open are in AWESOME shape when I visit. So I miss an attraction on a visit...just another reason to come back another time and check it out! I'll take the higher quality over everything open but in poor condition anyday.

MarkTwain

HAH! I'll now laugh at all the WDW guests who'll be forced to experience the many splendors of World Showcase! Or better yet, the American Adventure... :drevil: :goodnevil

powlessfamily4

An attraction closed for refurb doesn't bother me because I know I will be back at least once a year. (twice if possible) If I was a person who saved for years to finally be able to go, I can see how they might be upset. Not everyone gets to go once or twice a year. At any rate...... rides have to be updated and repaired just like anything else.

BigThunderMatt

If I was a person who saved for years to finally be able to go, I can see how they might be upset. Not everyone gets to go once or twice a year.

That's the risk you take when you visit a location that is open year-round. Especially when you choose to take advantage of smaller crowds and visit during a period not considered to be 'peak-season'. If the parks were seasonal, then there would be no excuse.

Anyone with a shred of common sense would understand that a year-round operation requires things to go down every so often for routine maintenance.

Of course, many guests lack common sense. I can't even count on two hands how many people on a daily basis come through the Magic Kingdom Auto Plaza asking if this is "Disney World", the "Park with the Rides", and "How much do tickets cost?"

blm07

It needs it, the things I noticed last time: the speaker for the "anti lock brake test" video sounded terrible, the cone that you run over wasn't up, the robot on the right wasn't moving, the car didn't crash, the breaks at the end are terrible, and the photo preview screen wasn't on.

Scuttle

It needs it, the things I noticed last time: the speaker for the "anti lock brake test" video sounded terrible, the cone that you run over wasn't up, the robot on the right wasn't moving, the car didn't crash, the breaks at the end are terrible, and the photo preview screen wasn't on.

Yes it is in terrible shape! Like others mentioned I noticed the dust in the queue as well. This is one of my favorite rides at WDW I hope this refurb is a good one. Hopefully they will release some info at the D23

wdwfan4ver

I understand a guest being upset about your favorite attraction being closed due to refurbishment, but the same guest wouldn't be happy if their favorite attraction isn't in good shape.

One of the things that I don't want to see at WDW is attractions that don't work at because of no refurbishment or no proper upkeep like what happened to Splash Mountain earlier this year.

When a guest pays to WDW, an attraction being down is a chance you take. WDW is open 365 days a years and a guest should expect attractions to be closed due to refurbishment as a result.

The only thing a guest should expect during refurbishments is expect expect water parks and water attractions in WDW be down when it is not in peak season. The same thing is true with hotel pools because it in the off season or it the coldest months of the year and it is not in peak season either.

JWG

Maybe they'll come up with a better queue design as well. The single rider line through staging area 1 is odd.

Looking forward to this as the last few times we've gone, the cars have smelled horrible, the monitors didn't work, and many effects were off/broken.

thelookingglass

Yeah, all this plus the dirtiness mentioned, and I think on about 1/3rd of my rides, the car has no audio onboard.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom