Test Track refurb???

NadieMasK2

Last month I noticed the bumpy bricks in the beginning were not bumpy at all. I'm not sure if was just me or not, but honestly it was just a smooth normal ride. :shrug: Hope they get it all spiffy and even maybe add a few surprises.

Theme Parkitect

All I want:

-New paintjob on cars

-NextGen queue, use the dummies already there (i.e., let you control them)

-And finally: please, please, PLEASE update the pre-show video!! So. 90's.

katarn112

I really hope this rumor is not true, because I feel that there's other areas Disney should really be concentrating on rather than Test Track. I'm reading a lot of comments about how filthy it is, and how half the ride is apparently broken, but I was there on my most recent trip a couple weeks ago, and it seemed fine to me. Aside from some dust in the queue that shouldn't take 6 months to clean up, everything in the ride seemed to be working fine except for the breaks at the end... it was like someone stomping on the breaks repeatedly in a fit of rage.

Lines for Soarin' are gonna SUCK when Test Track goes down.

cymbaldiva

That's the risk you take when you visit a location that is open year-round. Especially when you choose to take advantage of smaller crowds and visit during a period not considered to be 'peak-season'. If the parks were seasonal, then there would be no excuse.

Anyone with a shred of common sense would understand that a year-round operation requires things to go down every so often for routine maintenance.

I'm trying to understand you point of view but I just can't - it is difficult to plan a vacation months out and discover mere weeks before that a favorite attraction is going down; or even worse, to have tried to plan around a refurb and discover when you arrive that it's gone on longer than scheduled.

I do actually have several shreds of common sense - they all say that perhaps a bit more lead time would be in order ... ADR lead time is 180 days, why can't the refurb schedule be published well in advance also?

boufa

I'm sure there's another Disney forum somewhere on the internet where people are responding to this news every other post with "MY VACATION IS RUINED!"

No around here it starts with excitement, then rolls into rampant speculation, then disappointment and second guessing when the wild speculation doesn't occur. Finally you end up with the group complaining that they liked it better the old way.

Its the WDWMagic 5 stage process. :lol: And if you note, they excitement is here, and several people have asked about what changes are gonna be made... we are progressing nicely into speculation. :ROFLOL:

boufa

Last time i was there the ride was down for most of both days I went to Epcot.

It is the only ride my wife really wanted to ride. I really wanted Soarin'. We agreed, run to soarin' for fast passes on day 1 and then run to Test Track on day 2. Day 1 we tried doing standby on test track, but it broke. On day 2 we ran and go our fast passes, and it was broken again before I time came up. Repairs are a necessary evil. Many of us don't have to deal with refurbs at our local parks since they are not year round.

thelookingglass

I'd rather have that scene be replaced with something different. It doesn't make sense to have a truck inside a testing facility.

That said, the cardboard cutout DOES make sense if that is supposed to be some sort of "test" within the facility.

RICKY MOUSE

I often wonder if the timing of a rehab has anything to do with a particular attractions sponsor, such as GM sponsoring test track. As a former resident of Michigan I lived near the auto industries main headquarters and can tell you that until recently they have been struggling, so maybe now that they are turning a little profit they are willing to pitch in on other outside interest. Just a thought.

MMFanCipher

I'm trying to understand you point of view but I just can't - it is difficult to plan a vacation months out and discover mere weeks before that a favorite attraction is going down; or even worse, to have tried to plan around a refurb and discover when you arrive that it's gone on longer than scheduled.

I do actually have several shreds of common sense - they all say that perhaps a bit more lead time would be in order ... ADR lead time is 180 days, why can't the refurb schedule be published well in advance also?

I agree that refurbs are necessary, but I also agree that if I have to make ADRs 6 months ahead of time Disney could publish a refurb schedule at least 7 months out. I also think this would cut down on the "My vacation is ruined" rants. Can you say "customer service"? I thought you could. :wave:

montyz81

I'd rather have that scene be replaced with something different. It doesn't make sense to have a truck inside a testing facility.

That said, the cardboard cutout DOES make sense if that is supposed to be some sort of "test" within the facility.
Well it feels un-Disney like. Maybe it should be a crash test dummy, but make it move. This gives it a little something extra. Maybe bring in the Crash Test Dummies from the 1980s and 90s commercials.

RSoxNo1

My one big request... Make the driver in the Mack Truck an Audio Animatronic not a cardboard cutout!!!

Not gonna happen.

Well it feels un-Disney like. Maybe it should be a crash test dummy, but make it move. This gives it a little something extra. Maybe bring in the Crash Test Dummies from the 1980s and 90s commercials.

It's a cardboard cutout of Lyndon Johnson - I absolutely love the fact that it's there because it's just a random easter egg in the attraction.

My understanding of the refurb based on some reports on here was that it would feature enhancements to the ride system as well as some small changes to the ride. That was a little while ago when this was first brought up so I don't know if that has changed.

RunnerEd

I just read through several official and unofficial calendars. Test Track is not scheduled to go down on any of them.

gccgrad1996

I just read through several official and unofficial calendars. Test Track is not scheduled to go down on any of them.

I was just going to ask if this has been confirmed by Disney or a rumor? I can not find it on any other Disney site that this is happening either. Maybe we will hear more in a few weeks at D23.
I would love to see it cleaned and spruced up, but I know my family will miss it dearly when we go at the end of June next year. We will probably miss it by a few weeks if this is all true.

montyz81

I was just going to ask if this has been confirmed by Disney or a rumor? I can not find it on any other Disney site that this is happening either. Maybe we will hear more in a few weeks at D23.
I would love to see it cleaned and spruced up, but I know my family will miss it dearly when we go at the end of June next year. We will probably miss it by a few weeks if this is all true.

I bet is more an upgrade to provide some technical enhancements consistent with the California version. Maybe an upgrade to some of the show and preshow with new technology (flat screens in preshow)too perhaps.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom