Best Disney tip you ever got!

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
I know there's other threads with similar subjects, but why not start a new one :D

What has been the best tip you've received from someone else or realized on your own. It can be about anything and everything Disney. Whether it's about a ride, food, snacks, something to bring into the parks with you, something to do etc. Something someone told you, a CM, or something you read on the boards.

For me the best tip I ever got helped me with my son! I bought a bunch of glow sticks and took a pack with us into the parks every day....let me tell you this was the best thing when it was dark and my son was having a breakdown. Pull them out, and he had a blast...even shared them with other kids. It was something that was so simple and inexpensive but it was a life saver & if it wasn't for reading it on the boards I would have never thought of it.

Another thing that I read after I had done it was taking instant coffee with you and this way you'll have REAL coffee and not that Nescafe thing they call coffee. It saved my husband! lol. During our first trip he could not stop complaining about how horrible the coffee was! So on our 2nd and 3rd trip I bought a little thing of instant coffee which he would put a few spoonfuls into his mug and then in the food court add hot water, cream and sugar!

Let's hear them!!!:D

SosoDude

The best tip I have ( found it here on WDWmagic ) is to take a break from the parks during the day. Go have fun and eat lunch at the park , go back to your resort , relax and take a nap or swim for a while , then hit the parks again refreshed and ready to enjoy it all ! I know some folks think that to leave the parks for a nap is a waste of money , but it made our trip SO much more enjoyable that we will always take time to do this from now on.

stratman50th

The best tip I have ( found it here on WDWmagic ) is to take a break from the parks during the day. Go have fun and eat lunch at the park , go back to your resort , relax and take a nap or swim for a while , then hit the parks again refreshed and ready to enjoy it all ! I know some folks think that to leave the parks for a nap is a waste of money , but it made our trip SO much more enjoyable that we will always take time to do this from now on.
Another converted soul!
Been doing it for five years now, and really getting our money's worth out of the night EMH!

Wyatts_Mommy

Useful tip(s)

Ok maybe not the best tip I have ever gotten but definitely a good one...When given a choice between a left and right line always go to the left..most people go to the right because, in some rides, the left looks longer when it is really the right that is longer and the left moves more quickly..
Another good tip that I have learned is if you want to eat at a specific place make a reservation...with all of this free dining it has become very difficult to get a reservation the day before or be able to just walk in and get a table...

plaz10

The best tip I ever got was from these boards...eat at some table service places! WOW. Not only is it nice to take some time out of the day to enjoy sitting down/being served/air conditioning...but some of the food in Disney is phenomenal! Before these boards...we might eat one sit down per trip...we are super heavy on counter service because we are always on the go. Now my boyfriend and I eat a bunch of table service every trip. Sit down dinners, baby! So good! And it's the thing that has my boyfriend wanting to go back year after year...so that's a priceless tip!

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
For me it was choosing a spot near Paris for Illuminations in EPCOT, then exiting the park toward the Boardwalk. This saved us tons of time waiting for the buses in front of EPCOT, not to mention the crowds near the front exit.

I may have to borrow your tip for my upcoming trip!;)

We did this on our last two trips! It was really a life saver. Our son tends to go to bed late...so staying up for him wasn't an issue...but getting up was...& those midday breaks and naps really helped. Not to mention he loved the pool & enjoyed the swims a lot!

I love your enthusiasm but I'd drink three gallons of Nescafe before a sip of instant coffee. :animwink:

Noooo! lol. I'll be honest I have NEVER tried the Nescafe! :rolleyes: I'm more an Iced Coffee drinker, even in the winter I drink Ice Coffee!:D But the hubby needs his hot coffee every morning. He preferred the instant one. This next trip I'm gonna buy myself a few of the Starbucks Via for some nice ice coffee if I'm in the mood. However this next bit of info will make you laugh...my mother is coming with us in September...my mom is Cuban...and needs her espresso every morning or she can't function...so she is buying an electric espresso maker & taking with her the coffee so she can make it in the room every morning....this made my hubby (who's part italian and loves espresso as well) very happy!

Ok maybe not the best tip I have ever gotten but definitely a good one...When given a choice between a left and right line always go to the left..most people go to the right because, in some rides, the left looks longer when it is really the right that is longer and the left moves more quickly..
Another good tip that I have learned is if you want to eat at a specific place make a reservation...with all of this free dining it has become very difficult to get a reservation the day before or be able to just walk in and get a table...

We tried the "go left" and it worked for us a few times. We're going with Free Dining this september & I make my reservation this sunday (3/27) & I can't wait to make them so I can stop obsessing and stressing over them.

Buying ponchos at Target for $1.50 instead of cashing out my 401K to buy them in a WDW gift shop.

I've been lucky to never have to need ponchos on any trip...it's never rained...but for this upcoming trip I'm going to buy a few of them just in case.

The best tip I ever got was from these boards...eat at some table service places! WOW. Not only is it nice to take some time out of the day to enjoy sitting down/being served/air conditioning...but some of the food in Disney is phenomenal! Before these boards...we might eat one sit down per trip...we are super heavy on counter service because we are always on the go. Now my boyfriend and I eat a bunch of table service every trip. Sit down dinners, baby! So good! And it's the thing that has my boyfriend wanting to go back year after year...so that's a priceless tip!

I never gave Dining at Disney much thought until our September trip last year when we went with the Free Dining deal. After eating in places like Le Cellier, and Tutto Italia....I can't see ourselves going without eating at at least ONE place. I love the Free Dining deal, & not so much because that it's "FREE", but more so because we get to eat at all these great places & not have to worry about it so much.

Can't wait to hear more tips!!!

I have 2 more...the first is not really a "tip" but something I go by: Be nice to the CM....you never know what you may get in return. In our 3 trips as a family we have never encountered a single rude CM. Last September my son got SICK alll over me on the plane ride over there...& I had nothing to change into...so I ended up buy a pair of shorts in some store but I still smelled of puke & had no shirt or anything...and this very nice Mousekeeper called the front desk & made them bring me my luggage as a priority so we wouldn't miss our ressies at Raglan Road! & this brings me to my 2nd tip...ALWAYS put an extra change of clothes for yourself & your little ones on your carry-on, you never know when you may need them.

MKCP 1985

Fastpass - don't fret if you have a lunch reservation or are caught up in a ride queue during the hour of your return time. You can't return before the time printed, but you can almost always return later than the one hour window and your fastpass be honored.

I learned that one on these boards. :wave:

edit: Some long time after this was posted, Disney changed their rules and this tip is out of date.

Wyatts_Mommy

Best tip ever and one that has always worked for us in the past is as soon as it rains everyone heads for the exits..just wait it out, normally it doesnt rain long and the park will be less crowded..honestly I hate ponchos for many reasons, the biggest reason is that yes people will stay dry in the rain but when they wear them and then rudely run into you because they are in a hurry you then get all wear..plus after people take them off they smell like gross plastic...honestly it never rains long so I think they are pointless its easier to go inside and get a drink or a snack and people watch while you wait it out...

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
An update on Dining! =D

I've never used a poncho at Disney. I've always just gotten drenched! lol. I may invest in the cheaper ones...just as an emergency. lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom