If they built another Disney Theme Park in the US, where would it be?

Krack

Sorry to burst your Texas bubble but it was true when I visited. I worked for TGI Friday's with the corporate office based in Texas. I was denied take out service at a local beer store and denied service in a TGI Fridays
as were my friends. The head of Human Resources told us that the Texas Liquor Control Board had a law that did not allow people with out of state lincenses to purchase or consume alcohol in Texas. It may not be in effect anymore, but the damage was done. Texas is just a bit of a better location than Salt Lake City in my mind.

I've lived in Texas for on an off for about 15 years, had an out of state license for the majority of the time, and have never experienced this. I've never even heard anything like this. Did you look really young? They may have just denied you because they thought the IDs were fake.

Mr.Skunkape

On Castaway Key and the only way to visit the park is by doing the Cruise. That way they can bump up cruise sales by offering a "private" park that only cruise guest can use. Of course for money reasons it does not make sense but really I never see another US park being opened

Wilt Dasney

I should state my personal experience with Texas is limited to an hour or 2 in the Dallas airport, so I don't have any anecdotes to add...but I did find this page.

http://www.tabc.state.tx.us/enforcement/age_verification.asp

The only relevant portions seem to be

"There are some other retailers in Texas that will only accept a Texas Driver's License or Texas Identification Card as “valid identification” to purchase alcoholic beverages."

and

"A store, bar or restaurant might or might not sell alcohol to a person with an expired driver's license, a foreign passport or other ID. What's acceptable in any establishment is a matter of that establishment's private business policies."

According to that page, Texas state law doesn't require retailers to ask for any form of ID at all...but they can be penalized for selling to minors if they didn't see some form of ID first.

Lucky

Texas would be great it has sunshine however the sunshine comes with one hitch that place has a heat problem worse than Florida during the summer. I have numerous friends from Texas (from many different parts) and they say its unbearable during the summer in the low 100's almost everyday. But I guess thats can be fixed by putting many attractions indoors with air conditioning.
San Antonio has great weather. And there's a Sea World there, plus the Alamo (the fort, not the rental car agency) and River Walk. So it's already something of a tourist destination.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I just wish they had built Disney America, it would have been an hour from me =(

I might have been willing to extend my federal government service had there been a Disney park only 30 minutes from my house.

But alas, there was no Disney to give me respite from the endless politics that went with my job, so I got the heck out of Washington.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I wish they would build one in Flushing Meadows or the meadowlands, then I can drive there in less then 2 hours. But then if they built a third Disney estate in this country wouldn't it kind of make the parks more cheap and scaled down?

rkelly42

I would like to see Disney build a ski resort/park up in NH or Maine. I bet they could do a great small town village with shops and restaurants/bakery with that old new england village feel. I do not mean a full scale thrill park, but something a little more subtle. Santa's village in NH works well so I think Disney could easily do that and trump it. So many ideas for it that they are to many to mention.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I would like to see Disney build a ski resort/park up in NH or Maine. I bet they could do a great small town village with shops and restaurants/bakery with that old new england village feel. I do not mean a full scale thrill park, but something a little more subtle. Santa's village in NH works well so I think Disney could easily do that and trump it. So many ideas for it that they are to many to mention.

I guess you have never visited Bar Harbor :wave:. Not to mention its right next to Acadia National Park and allot cheaper then Disney.

Nemo14

Since we have so many RIers here, my vote goes to Warwick,RI

picture.php

Walt Disney1955

3. Do NOT underestimate Dolly. Many people who have never been to Dollywood would not consider it up to par with the "Big 3" in the theme-park world (Disney, Universal, Busch). However, Dollywood is very much up to that level, (clean, friendly staff, great theming) and head & shoulders above what you would find at a Six Flags, Cedar Fair, or other regional park chain. If Dollywood & Disney were going head-to-head in this area like Disney & Universal are in Orlando, throw in the fact that we are closer to home for most Americans...this area would soon become the new theme-park Mecca for travelers.

Yes, I have a brother in law who took a road trip with his college friends to Louisiana. I told him to stop in at Dollywood on the way down. He laughed and scoffed at the idea. Don't knock it until you try it would be what I say. No, Dollywood is not Disney but forget the fact that it is owned by Dolly Parton and named after her, this might scare some guys off. But it truly is a great park. That being said, Tennessee is just too far north for another Disney park. There is snow there in the winter similar to St. Louis. What can you say?

Bonemachine

I'm still hoping for the Jersey suggestion from last night.

Instead of Tower of Terror and Splash Mountain they have a hybrid E-ticket ride combining the two classics. It's "Italian Mob Throws Dead Body (You!) Off of Bridge Into River Below." You may get wet but it's fun for the whole family.

rkelly42

I guess you have never visited Bar Harbor :wave:. Not to mention its right next to Acadia National Park and allot cheaper then Disney.
Been to Bar Harbor many a times, no ski resort and during the winter the place is a ghost town for the most part. I think disney could top what Bar Harbor is, although it is beautiful dont get me wrong.

Lord Pheonix

as confirmed by many "new here" posters, there will be new disnyworlds in NJ, st. louis, texas, somewhere in alaska, north dakota, and maine. with a monorail connecting them all

Spike-in-Berlin

Considering Walt's 1960ies plans for the Mineral King Resort I always thought that a "Winter Disneyland" would be an interesting addition to the franchise. A Park located in the mountains possibly Rocky Mountains with at least 4 or 5 months of snow guaranteed. Imagine the atmosphere if you are in a Disney Winter Park during christmas. Real snow, a Main Street with a christmas parade that is celebrated while snow is falling. A whole bunch of new attractions, rides that are designed especially for cold weather conditions. The entire park would be featuring a totally different approach, with most attractions either in heated indoor-facilities or designed to be done in every weather outdoors. Plus new resorts with appropriate theming, skiing slopes and all kinds of wintersports.
Of course the park would also would have to be successful during summer season, so we include a lot of areas that are suitable for both, warm and cold weather.
Perhaps I will present a design for such a park in the Imagineers section someday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom