If they built another Disney Theme Park in the US, where would it be?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Been to Bar Harbor many a times, no ski resort and during the winter the place is a ghost town for the most part. I think disney could top what Bar Harbor is, although it is beautiful don't get me wrong.

I am very surprised to hear that. I thought they were pushing to stay open all year around, I know for a while almost all the store fronts had that supporting the 4 season community for the longest time. They need to create some events fro the Christmas season and make it a desirable place to go around then. One year I am going to have to snow mobile on the park loop road. I would say they should build a ski resort but then if there was a ski hill on Cadillac mountain or down any of them on the park loop road it would be devastating, they are beautiful the way they are because they are almost untouched. If they were to build a disney they should get the Nova Scotia ferry going for more attendance and build a Disneyland in Ellsworth. It would be the perfect vacation, visit Mt Desert Island, camp there, stay there and spend a majority of the trip there and take some time to visit Disney. They already have the air port and the advantage of the Island Explorer which goes into Ellsworth. The Bar Harbor would get the attendance it doesn't have. That could also be a bad thing, Its crowded enough as it is when I go there. You can kiss Sand Beach goodbye if that ever happened LOL.

rkelly42

I am very surprised to hear that. I thought they were pushing to stay open all year around, I know for a while almost all the store fronts had that supporting the 4 season community for the longest time. They need to create some events fro the Christmas season and make it a desirable place to go around then. One year I am going to have to snow mobile on the park loop road. I would say they should build a ski resort but then if there was a ski hill on Cadillac mountain or down any of them on the park loop road it would be devastating, they are beautiful the way they are because they are almost untouched. If they were to build a disney they should get the Nova Scotia ferry going for more attendance and build a Disneyland in Ellsworth. It would be the perfect vacation, visit Mt Desert Island, camp there, stay there and spend a majority of the trip there and take some time to visit Disney. They already have the air port and the advantage of the Island Explorer which goes into Ellsworth. The Bar Harbor would get the attendance it doesn't have. That could also be a bad thing, Its crowded enough as it is when I go there. You can kiss Sand Beach goodbye if that ever happened LOL.
Bar Harbor is a beautiful place, during the summer it is hopping there and it is very busy. During the winters it is a lot slower and things are very quiet and not just the same, but still very peaceful but that is winters in Maine for you. I love that whole area of Maine it is extremely beautiful, I would not want to see Disney go in there so much and change it, but maybe somewhere different. Ellsworth would be a good area, but like you said the crowds would skyrocket during summertime.

imagineer boy

Does anyone else think it would be possible if Disney could have a Vegas attraction? Like maybe their own resort with its own attractions and special shows. They already have a permanent Lion King broadway show there, so it wouldn't be completely alien.

BeanSz

Considering Walt's 1960ies plans for the Mineral King Resort I always thought that a "Winter Disneyland" would be an interesting addition to the franchise. A Park located in the mountains possibly Rocky Mountains with at least 4 or 5 months of snow guaranteed. .

Not sure about a entire park or town centered around Disney -- but I certainly think a new Disney Vacation Club at a popular ski resort in the Rockies Mtns would be a great idea.

Lucky

as confirmed by many "new here" posters, there will be new disnyworlds in NJ, st. louis, texas, somewhere in alaska, north dakota, and maine. with a monorail connecting them all
My sources say the part about the monorail isn't true. The new parks will all be connected by Magic Carpet Express.

flavious27

Does anyone else think it would be possible if Disney could have a Vegas attraction? Like maybe their own resort with its own attractions and special shows. They already have a permanent Lion King broadway show there, so it wouldn't be completely alien.

no, because they won't have gambling and that is the only way that hotels are profitable in vegas.

flavious27

Since we have so many RIers here, my vote goes to Warwick,RI

picture.php

Wouldn't a disney theme park take up much of the land in your state?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I wish Disney would do something cool in the Catskills, they can use the attendance. I still fear my favorite campground is going to go out of busyness as well as the classic drive in theater they have there. They already lost a couple of attractions including the famous Catskills Game Farm.

Bar Harbor is a beautiful place, during the summer it is hopping there and it is very busy. During the winters it is a lot slower and things are very quiet and not just the same, but still very peaceful but that is winters in Maine for you. I love that whole area of Maine it is extremely beautiful, I would not want to see Disney go in there so much and change it, but maybe somewhere different. Ellsworth would be a good area, but like you said the crowds would skyrocket during summertime.

Bar Harbor is cool because people arrant fast paced there. I love the fact the town has no street lights or lines in the road and still there are never any accidents as from what I can see. People are polite behind the wheel and are never in any kind of rush. Its more laid back and slow paced there. I dont get a Disney feel on that island but it's definitely a great place to go to. Disney would ruin that so bad things would get crazy the week before it even opened.

pumpkin7

i want one in the UK! i just cannot justify paying almost £1000 to have a 2 day stay at Disneyland Paris. it's a joke. for an extra £1400, i could visit WDW for 2 weeks!

which means we now have to wait until at least 2012 for a disney trip. this saddens me :(

Epcotian

I heard they were opening a park near Branson Missouri!

:ROFLOL:

Amazing how often that rumor resurfaces in our neck of the woods... ;)

Crockett

Banned
I heard they were opening a park near Branson Missouri!

:ROFLOL:

Amazing how often that rumor resurfaces in our neck of the woods... ;)

By a show of hands, who hasn't had Disney looking for land in their area? I remember that rumor surfacing back when we lived in GA. It has certainly been mentioned several times up here in TN, especially with Dollywood & the area growing. But in all seriousness, is there a part of America which has not had this rumor pop up? Apparently these phantom developers have been scoping open acres all over the country. At least that's what I heard from a WDW bus driver once. ;)

Tater48

Last timne I was in Texas(ten years ago), they would not let anyone from out of state purchase alcohol. A TLCB decision. Who in their right mind would visit Texas with stupid laws like that in place? I gave up on Texas that very trip and haven't thought about it since.

Sorry to burst your Texas bubble but it was true when I visited. I worked for TGI Friday's with the corporate office based in Texas. I was denied take out service at a local beer store and denied service in a TGI Fridays
as were my friends. The head of Human Resources told us that the Texas Liquor Control Board had a law that did not allow people with out of state lincenses to purchase or consume alcohol in Texas. It may not be in effect anymore, but the damage was done. Texas is just a bit of a better location than Salt Lake City in my mind.

Well, let me burst your Pa. bubble. I was a police officer in the State of Texas for the last 27 years and rest assured, there is not now, nor was there 10 years ago, any such law on the books. Perhaps you looked too young to purchase alcohol, or as a previous poster said maybe there was something wrong with your ID. If you have a valid ID/Drivers license from another state, it is and has been perfectly legal to purchase alcohol and beer here.

By the way, sounds like your head of HR, wasn't quite up on his/her knowledge either. We have the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC), not the Texas Liquor Control Board, and the TABC doesn't make liquor laws, the Legislature does.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom