Staggs says changes to Fantasyland...

BrerFrog

Dragon Tower is a total E-ticket on all levels.

There's no way they'd add this to FLand Expansion, but great idea nonetheless. :sohappy:

I still hope BK winds up in DAK one day, and pref with Maleficent as the dragon.

I would prefer an original dragon, but as you said, at this point I would take a paper sculpture just to see the ride being built. I could see it being brought to FL, even if by doing so the chances of BK ever happening would be null.

BrerFrog

I disagree. AK has much more serious issues that need to be addressed.
Epcot is doing just fine.

Look over in Frontierland, next to the river just north of Splash Mountain.
There's one over there already.:lookaroun

Do we really want a smaller, kid's version of what we already have?

I never thought about it that way, but I agree with you on the mine coaster. I still think it would be cool.

I love EPCOT, but I wouldn't say it is doing fine. Some FW rides, as we all know, are in need of serious help. But AK does need more help right now.

yeti

Although I agree with the direction they are going (especially if it's ANY new ride), I am very surprised at all the "this is for boys only", "this is for girls only" mentality.

I've seen quite a few little boys who are charmed to heck by the Princesses and greatly enjoy meeting them. It's like saying all boys are interested in sports, or all girls are only interested in dollies.

Such limited thinking. Yes, it's true, many boys just want to "blow stuff up", but certainly not all, and vice versa - I know many little girls who couldn't care less about the Princesses and would rather go on Pirates.

My impression of this interview with Staggs is that with the changes to the expansion, they are actually trying to fray away from this mentality.

It seems to me that they are hinting at imagineering rides that use the princesses from the original plans, but adding a thrill element since thrills appeal to both boys and girls.

Originally, the FLE meet and greets would have been made to appeal to girls and to girls only, and the result of which would have made pretty much the rest of the park look utterly boy-oriented (like, what kind of girl would want to visit TSI or dress up like a pirate?). Not anymore.

I think Staggs is trying to shift this perspective by broadening the appeal of the FLE to guests of all ages and all genders. I think with the direction they were heading, thrill rides in the MK would have never materialized, and now i think that idea is slowly but surely changing. And if you ask me, that's incredible news for the future of the Magic Kingdom.

Grizzly Hall 71

Look at it this way. There's Tri-Cera Top Spin, Astro Orbiter, The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, and Dumbo. I wouldn't mine another mine coaster.

Star Tours and Body Wars existed together, why not this?

DocMcHulk

That's the thing...
It's perfectly OK to only like certain aspects of a park. No law says you have to like it all.
Personally I rarely ever (or never) go to: Fantasyland, Toontown, World Showcase movies, Camp Minnie Micky, or the animation courtyard. However, I love each of the parks that those areas are in.
Just like I love the Uni parks while avoiding several parts of them.

I agree with you Lee. There are parts in every park that just don't interest me but I throughly enjoy every park.

Atomicmickey

I was just starting to think about a Dragon, then others here started in
with the same thoughts . . . . .

So . . nothing cooler than a dragon, right?

Where, how? If the M&G areas are going to remain, then maybe a "Dragon's Grotto" as part of the Sleeping Beauty area?

Something like the Dragon they have in Paris?

But, yeah . . . . dragon. Let's get one in there somewhere.

Too bad the studio didn't make How To Train Your Dragon, but oh well.
The Sleeping Beauty Maleficent dragon has always been 10 tons of awesome.

jt04

It is not what "we" want all the time. I imagine children who can't ride BTMR would be very happy with a smaller version themed to SW as a runaway minetrain. And their parents too.

DocMcHulk

I agree with EPCOT, but I've never had a huge problem with AK. Could it use a few more attractions? Absolutely. But I dont personally see any "serious" issues. I like ti more than DHS, but that's because Tower and RR dont do anything for me as I am not a "thrill ride" kind of person.

jt04

My impression of this interview with Staggs is that with the changes to the expansion, they are actually trying to fray away from this mentality.

It seems to me that they are hinting at imagineering rides that use the princesses from the original plans, but adding a thrill element since thrills appeal to both boys and girls.

Originally, the FLE meet and greets would have been made to appeal to girls and to girls only, and the result of which would have made pretty much the rest of the park look utterly boy-oriented (like, what kind of girl would want to visit TSI or dress up like a pirate?). Not anymore.

I think Staggs is trying to shift this perspective by broadening the appeal of the FLE to guests of all ages and all genders. I think with the direction they were heading, thrill rides in the MK would have never materialized, and now i think that idea is slowly but surely changing. And if you ask me, that's incredible news for the future of the Magic Kingdom.

You are 100% correct until the last two sentences, Even Lee acknowledges that the most intense rides will be reserved for the other three parks. And Since the MK already is so far ahead in attendance, well this strategy is a complete no-brainer. Evening out the crowds will make the guest experience much better for everyone.

jt04

I was just starting to think about a Dragon, then others here started in
with the same thoughts . . . . .

So . . nothing cooler than a dragon, right?

Where, how? If the M&G areas are going to remain, then maybe a "Dragon's Grotto" as part of the Sleeping Beauty area?

Something like the Dragon they have in Paris?

But, yeah . . . . dragon. Let's get one in there somewhere.

Too bad the studio didn't make How To Train Your Dragon, but oh well.
The Sleeping Beauty Maleficent dragon has always been 10 tons of awesome.

Agreed. And if the did create a true runaway coaster for SW they could close the existing attraction and put a dragon walk through in that space. Within the castle courtyard. Just a thought.

jakeman

I agree with EPCOT, but I've never had a huge problem with AK. Could it use a few more attractions? Absolutely. But I dont personally see any "serious" issues. I like ti more than DHS, but that's because Tower and RR dont do anything for me as I am not a "thrill ride" kind of person.
I think DAK's issue is that their main AA in their headliner attraction is broken, but there isn't enough capacity elsewhere in the park to correct the problem.

That seems to me, to be out of all the parks, the most serious issue.

DocMcHulk

I think DAK's issue is that their main AA in their headliner attraction is broken, but there isn't enough capacity elsewhere in the park to correct the problem.

very good point.

jt04

My opinion is the most serious issue is the complete fiasco Imagination has become followed by Energy's outdated storyline. Yeti is minor to the vast majority of guests. It just isn't that big an issue. Ironic.

jt04

And I'll just add before I go, I read the article again and I guarantee PH is happening. Probably closer to what you see at DL but it is happening. Hopefully with an added darkride.

DocMcHulk

My opinion is the most serious issue is the complete fiasco Imagination has become followed by Energy's outdated storyline. Yeti is minor to the vast majority of guests. It just isn't that big an issue. Ironic.

While I agree with Energy and the complete abandonment of WoL is sad, I dunno if I would call Imagination a "fiasco". Yea, it's not popular among people who like the "classic" version of the ride, but it's not THAT bad. Ok, I"ll grant that HISTA is REALLY outdated.

But as a whole, EPCOT is in pretty good condition. The revitalization of Inoventions is a huge step. My last trip I spent more time in there than I had the previous 3 times combined.

NewfieFan

Wow, I just read this whole thread... and I'm still guessing as to what the changes are!

The people "in the know" haven't really dropped any clues for us.

My insticts were something to do with Snow White and this mine coaster idea that keeps floating around here... but Lee squashed that one!

:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom