Staggs says changes to Fantasyland...

_Scar

Hmmm....

I'm thinking maybe it could be an attraction located somewhere else on the globe or maybe even an area like Mermaid Grotto at TDS since it isn't a big ride.

Agrabah?

Maybe talking Mickey Mouse M&G or talking technology with other characters?

Gaston shooting gallery? ;D

I'm really stumped, but intrigued.

So, Lee or Juan, will this be announced in 12 months at D23 or on Disney Parks Blog?

stitch2008

Just did a little reseach on an old attraction idea; Dragon Tower from Beastly Kingdom. What if you were to put in that kind of ride but theme it too Malificent? I mean hey, Tim Burton's got a movie hes making about her. Possible?:shrug:

JustInTime

Hmmm....

I'm thinking maybe it could be an attraction located somewhere else on the globe or maybe even an area like Mermaid Grotto at TDS since it isn't a big ride.

Agrabah?

Maybe talking Mickey Mouse M&G or talking technology with other characters?

Gaston shooting gallery? ;D

I'm really stumped, but intrigued.

So, Lee or Juan, will this be announced in 12 months at D23 or on Disney Parks Blog?

Me too. We just have to keep thinking in terms of Fantasy. A lot of the ideas would fall into Adventureland (Junglebook, Agrabah). That is the tricky thing about this guesswork. Everything I keep coming up with would fit better in other lands!

P.S. I have always thought Neverland/Peter Pan's flight would have been a better fit in Adventureland. Just IMO.

_Scar

Just did a little reseach on an old attraction idea; Dragon Tower from Beastly Kingdom. What if you were to put in that kind of ride but theme it too Malificent? I mean hey, Tim Burton's got a movie hes making about her. Possible?:shrug:

Dragon Tower is a total E-ticket on all levels.

There's no way they'd add this to FLand Expansion, but great idea nonetheless. :sohappy:

I still hope BK winds up in DAK one day, and pref with Maleficent as the dragon.

Grizzly Hall 71

There's no way they'd add this to FLand Expansion, but great idea nonetheless. :sohappy:

I still hope BK winds up in DAK one day, and pref with Maleficent as the dragon.

Off topic: I would rather have an original dragon.

Next Big Thing

Why can't it be a Neverland that they add? Juan said the new addition "May Be" already in the park. Neverland would be perfect b/c not only would it allow for a greatly themed land, but we'd get a new PPF and they could still fit in a mini Pixie Hollow. Going by what he said, that sounds like it could be very possible and it would make the most sense too.

JustInTime

I am with you on all counts. It's bad I just assumed the Dragon would be Maleficent. Woops. :king:

AND I love LOST.

_Scar

Off topic: I would rather have an original dragon.

:shrug:

I'd rather have any A+ ticket in DAK at this point. I'll even take a paper sculpture of a dragon if it's what it takes to make the budget set for DAK annually (about $3.50)

:ROFLOL:

Also, reminded by reading a post on another site, what about the original FLand expansion rumored about -> Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster

Next Big Thing

EPCOT needs to come first IMHO.
Well, more needs to be done at AK in the long term, but if they could just give us a decent new attraction to tide us over for awhile, i'd agree. There is a lot that needs to be done in FW and WS (mostly FW, but WS could use an attraction or 2). There is easilt enough that needs to be done that I think it may actually in the end, if they did what they should and just got it over with like they are at DCA (which they won't), It would cost a little north of $1B imho. There is just so much that needs to be done there right now and i don't see any attempts at trying to do anything and there really never even seems to be any rumors about EPCOT.

You're honestly right though. AK does need to be expanded, but there is so much that needs to fixed at EPCOT that I honestly think EPCOT is almost more in need. Like I said though, I don't think EPCOT is more in need until AK gets at least 1 more attraction though b/c right now, lets be honest, AK is only a half day park. Something needs to be done there. And it may be a cleaner job, but EPCOT is still a full day park, no matter how much of a mess it is.

AEfx

Although I agree with the direction they are going (especially if it's ANY new ride), I am very surprised at all the "this is for boys only", "this is for girls only" mentality.

I've seen quite a few little boys who are charmed to heck by the Princesses and greatly enjoy meeting them. It's like saying all boys are interested in sports, or all girls are only interested in dollies.

Such limited thinking. Yes, it's true, many boys just want to "blow stuff up", but certainly not all, and vice versa - I know many little girls who couldn't care less about the Princesses and would rather go on Pirates.

_Scar

Although I agree with the direction they are going (especially if it's ANY new ride), I am very surprised at all the "this is for boys only", "this is for girls only" mentality.

I've seen quite a few little boys who are charmed to heck by the Princesses and greatly enjoy meeting them. It's like saying all boys are interested in sports, or all girls are only interested in dollies.

Such limited thinking. Yes, it's true, many boys just want to "blow stuff up", but certainly not all, and vice versa - I know many little girls who couldn't care less about the Princesses and would rather go on Pirates.

So true! I don't like the gender typing at all.

If you're a kid, it shouldn't matter! Walt classics are meant for all ages and genders. All that matters if you're a kid at heart. :animwink:

UberPlannerMom

If my son is any measure, boys do love explosions and fire and fighting. But, he has never complained about there not being enough of those in Disney movies. He loves the firey thorns and Maleficent dragon from Sleeping Beauty. He loves the wizard duel of of Sword in the Stone. He loves the villager mob scene in Beauty and the Beast (actually he loves the Beast the whole way throught he movie.) He loves the Little Mermaid more than any other Disney movie but that is because he loves her "body language"!

I don't think Disney is meant to be this for girls and this for boys. Just look at Toy Story 3... Andy (a boy) passes his toys on to Bonnie (a girl!) Uh oh- they allowed toys to be gender neutral!

All this is to say that you can emphasize the male aspects of any Disney movie if that is your concern. Personally, I always thought that it was odd that they didn't show more of the princes and such. OK so Prince Charming has a bit part in Cinderella but Phillip has as much or more screen time as Aurora, Beast has almost as much as Belle, Aladdin is the namesake of the movie, etc.

Main Street USA

Toad is coming back and will replace the current Peter Pans Flight. Neverland is coming to the new FL, and a new Peter Pans Flight will be built within.

Of course, I'm kidding, but if you had hopes before reading this bottom part...well...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom