Staggs says changes to Fantasyland...

Disneyson 1

Because the parents made it up to them by taking them to HS.

Yea, because no boys enjoy the Magic Kingdom an it's an exclusively girls park.

Back to the topic, these franchises all have more to offer than just the "princess meet" thing, and I'm so glad that there are thoughts to take another look at the plans and install more of the punch that makes each of the movies appealing to everyone.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
So... you're basically saying that you son has a low tolerance for WDW in general? That he only enjoys one or two rides? If so, it isn't worth the effort to take him, as not very much will attract him to any of the parks at all. Except for the stuff that goes boom, Space Ranger Spin and Toy Story Mania. Go for Universal instead, it has more boom for your buck. Though it's lacking in the charm department. But I doubt your son will much care.

Since you seem to think you know my son so well, care to contribute to his college fund?

stitch2008

So... you're basically saying that you son has a low tolerance for WDW in general? That he only enjoys one or two rides? If so, it isn't worth the effort to take him, as not very much will attract him to any of the parks at all. Except for the stuff that goes boom, Space Ranger Spin and Toy Story Mania. Go for Universal instead, it has more boom for your buck. Though it's lacking in the charm department. But I doubt your son will much care.

Okay enough of this. Let's no bring someones son into this. I don't mind debating if MK is too much of kiddie park or not. Or if FLE is too girly or not. But insulting someones son? A bit immature no?

Back to the debate.

Grizzly Hall 71

Yea, because no boys enjoy the Magic Kingdom an it's an exclusively girls park.

Back to the topic, these franchises all have more to offer than just the "princess meet" thing, and I'm so glad that there are thoughts to take another look at the plans and install more of the punch that makes each of the movies appealing to everyone.

Never said that. Tigger asked a question and I answered. Geez if you loved the original FLE so much write a letter saying you want it back.

Face it no matter how much you wish boys don't like princess stories. I don't care if King Kong was in it, young boys don't care about love messages.

jrriddle

Aw man, my little girl is going to freak out if Cinderella & Sleeping Beauty meet and greets do not look exactly like they do in the D23 magazine I showed her. It's all she talks about.

Lee

Adventurer
Lee why don't you like the mattehorn lol?!!?!
Hey...I loves me some Matterhorn. It's my favorite night-ride at DL.
But it ain't coming to MK, so I never see the point in discussing such.

And you're so sure that's what they are doing?
I'm not.

Disneyson 1

Since you seem to think you know my son so well, care to contribute to his college fund?

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to insult, just saying that if you only like certain aspects of the park, then you really SHOULD go the Universal and you might be wasting your money at the MK.

Sometimes I get wrapped up in these things, sorry again.

Anyways, I think we should all be happy because they're rethinking these plans to be more universally appealing and that shouldn't spark petty debates on what people like or don't like, which I think is pretty silly for me to be engaging in myself.

Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings out there.

Now, I'M going to bed and going to dream about how this news can't be any better. I mean, TDO is INVESTING MONEY! When was the last time that happened?

DisneyNut2007

Aw man, my little girl is going to freak out if Cinderella & Sleeping Beauty meet and greets do not look exactly like they do in the D23 magazine I showed her. It's all she talks about.

I wouldn't worry too much if I were you. Despite what the selfish, idiotic fanboys are saying, those meet-and-greets are still going to materialize in the Fantasyland expansion, no matter what.

Grizzly Hall 71

Hey...I loves me some Matterhorn. It's my favorite night-ride at DL.
But it ain't coming to MK, so I never see the point in discussing such.

And you're so sure that's what they are doing?
I'm not.

Me neither. The only way I think I'll see a boy is if he was able to actualy battle the dragon himself, or slay ursula.

Lee

Adventurer
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to insult, just saying that if you only like certain aspects of the park, then you really SHOULD go the Universal and you might be wasting your money at the MK.
That's the thing...
It's perfectly OK to only like certain aspects of a park. No law says you have to like it all.
Personally I rarely ever (or never) go to: Fantasyland, Toontown, World Showcase movies, Camp Minnie Micky, or the animation courtyard. However, I love each of the parks that those areas are in.
Just like I love the Uni parks while avoiding several parts of them.

Disneyson 1

Me neither. The only way I think I'll see a boy is if he was able to actualy battle the dragon himself, or slay ursula.

Castle Mystery Tour...?

http://www.jtcent.com/disneyland/fantasy/fancmt.html

I couldn't resist...

And I couldn't agree more, I love the Uni parks, and my love of IoA rivals that of DAK or even DHS! I happen to like everything in everything, but that's just me. That's why they built more than one land though, I guess!

Goodnight all!

Grizzly Hall 71

That's the thing...
It's perfectly OK to only like certain aspects of a park. No law says you have to like it all.
Personally I never go to: Fantasyland, Toontown, World Showcase movies, Camp Minnie Micky, or the animation courtyard. However, I love each of the parks that those areas are in.
Just like I love the Uni parks while avoiding several parts of them.

Some people on these boards think Uni is the worst thing that happend to the world. Can't tell you how many times I've been bashed for saying a certain aspect of uni is better. Go see the which planet do you want to visit on star tours2 thread in the discussion forum.

But back on topic.

JustInTime

Well Disneyland must be a man's park since it had everything MK has plus mattehorn and Indiana Jones, along with Star Tours.

So by that logic DL is all for boys then right?

A ride will appeal to both genders beacause it's a ride. Kids love rides.

Nope. Those were not my words at all. I am just saying that there are more boy-ish rides with very few girly ones. I did not generalize the entire park. The girls need some love. Obviously someone agrees considering the green-lit plans. Now, are the plans too Princess? Sure. Overall, the expansion is a welcome one IMO. I would like another ride, but I will take what WDW is willing to give at this point, sadly. They lower their standards, I lower my expectations. Naturally.

Grizzly Hall 71

Nope. Those were not my words at all. I am just saying that there are more boy-ish rides with very few girly ones. I did not generalize the entire park. The girls need some love. Obviously someone agrees considering the green-lit plans. Now, are the plans too Princess? Sure. Overall, the expansion is a welcome one IMO. I would like another ride, but I will take what WDW is willing to give at this point, sadly. They lower their standards, I lower my expectations. Naturally.

I see. I'll never lower mines.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom