Staggs says changes to Fantasyland...

Captain Chaos

I didn't mind the ride but the hydrolators, the movie, come one. They could of kept it together.

2 seperate tracks one side take you to Seabase, one let's you help the scientist spot out fish around the base that has gone missing from his father (hence finding nemo).

Back on topic lol

Wow, we are totally hijacking the thread... :ROFLOL:

Disneyson 1

Guys, remember that juan's hints suggest that the franchises would remain the same as the ones previously announced, so let's remember why we all loved those "princess movies" so much... because they appealed to all.

Belle does have a romantic dance with the Beast...
But Gaston, the epitome of narcissism, storms the castle leading to an epic battle of uppity villager vs. talking featherduster, the village idiot vs. a french candlestick, etc.

Ariel gets her wish to be part of our world...
But not before the pirate-slash-warrior Prince Eric rams a giant boat into a GIGANORMOUS Ursula's side with an accompanying lightning bolt, allowing us to see her skeleton.

Cinderella goes to the ball...
But the mice entertain all beforehand, and when Cinderella's dress is destroyed, some magic old lady comes by and transforms a PUMPKIN into a SHINY COACH.

Dumbo learns to fly...
But he goes through a crazy nightmare of pink elephants and is forced into a burning building.

And Aurora is awakened by a kiss...
But Phillip needs to escape a castle filled with creepy goons, slash through a forest of thorns, and defeat the epitome of all evil (who can just happen to transform into a DRAGON) by throwing a MAGIC SWORD through her chest whilst his thorny surroundings are on FIRE. Which is GREEN.

Disney movies appeal to everyone.

From Belle's message that true beauty is more than just a pretty face.

Ariel's message that even though differences separate us, our bravery and passion can bring us together.

Cinderella's message that true friends and belief in yourself can guide you through the bleakest of problems.

Dumbo's message that you don't need a magic feather to accomplish extraordinary things.

And Auroura's message that true love truly conquers all, even the worst evils.

They don't need "new brands" to attract boys. It seems to me that they're just shifting focus from the distilled girly "dreams come true" idea to the universal messages and the stunning action and magic that make the movies timeless, the ideas that seemed to get glossed over in the original plans.

P.S. sorry for the rant, and I'm looking forward to these changes in attitude in imagineering!

Captain Chaos

Wait... hmmm, could Toontown be getting a facelift??? I like the Neverland idea better, but, maybe.... Nah, they wouldn't do that, would they???

Grizzly Hall 71

Guys, remember that juan's hints suggest that the franchises would remain the same as the ones previously announced, so let's remember why we all loved those "princess movies" so much... because they appealed to all.

Belle does have a romantic dance with the Beast...
But Gaston, the epitome of narcissism, storms the castle leading to an epic battle of uppity villager vs. talking featherduster, the village idiot vs. a french candlestick, etc.

Ariel gets her wish to be part of our world...
But not before the pirate-slash-warrior Prince Eric rams a giant boat into a GIGANORMOUS Ursula's side with an accompanying lightning bolt, allowing us to see her skeleton.

Cinderella goes to the ball...
But the mice entertain all beforehand, and when Cinderella's dress is destroyed, some magic old lady comes by and transforms a PUMPKIN into a SHINY COACH.

Dumbo learns to fly...
But he goes through a crazy nightmare of pink elephants and is forced into a burning building.

And Aurora is awakened by a kiss...
But Phillip needs to escape a castle filled with creepy goons, slash through a forest of thorns, and defeat the epitome of all evil (who can just happen to transform into a DRAGON) by throwing a MAGIC SWORD through her chest whilst his thorny surroundings are on FIRE. Which is GREEN.

Disney movies appeal to everyone.

From Belle's message that true beauty is more than just a pretty face.

Ariel's message that even though differences separate us, our bravery and passion can bring us together.

Cinderella's message that true friends and belief in yourself can guide you through the bleakest of problems.

Dumbo's message that you don't need a magic feather to accomplish extraordinary things.

And Auroura's message that true love truly conquers all, even the worst evils.

They don't need "new brands" to attract boys. It seems to me that they're just shifting focus from the distilled girly "dreams come true" idea to the universal messages and the stunning action and magic that make the movies timeless, the ideas that seemed to get glossed over in the original plans.

P.S. sorry for the rant, and I'm looking forward to these changes in attitude in imagineering!

Look at it from a young boy's point of view. Romatic subtext does not intrest them. They want the stuff that LMA has. I see what your saying but boys today aren't the same as the ones back in the day. Lovey dovey stuff is "wack to them". They want action and adventure. Peter Pan has that. Along with a lot of other franchises.

Also you know what this new ride could be, the seven's dwarf mine coaster. It makes sense, it's there, it'll appeal to both and it's thrilling.

Tigger1988

Look at it from a young boy's point of view. Romatic subtext does not intrest them. They want the stuff that LMA has.

Then we should probably ignore what boys want, LMA is a waste of space. Does anyone even see that more than once?

Young boys have seemed to enjoy Fantasyland for decades now, nothing too masculine in there as it is.

Disneyson 1

Look at it from a young boy's point of view. Romatic subtext does not intrest them. They want the stuff that LMA has. I see what your saying but boys today aren't the same as the ones back in the day. Lovey dovey stuff is "wack to them". They want action and adventure. Peter Pan has that. Along with a lot of other franchises.

^Well, that's sort of why I included all that stuff before the bolded print. I know MANY male children that would be in AWE if they got to witness any of the (battles/magic/nightmares fantasmic) that come before the bold. The thing is that juan mentioned that there was not going to be an addition to any of the previously planned "franchises" in the land. I just simply picked out what I thought could hold a boy's attention. And the mine coaster wouldn't be bad.

Grizzly Hall 71

^Well, that's sort of why I included all that stuff before the bolded print. I know MANY male children that would be in AWE if they got to witness any of the (battles/magic/nightmares fantasmic) that come before the bold. And the mine coaster wouldn't be bad.

I see. But look at this way, a ride will appeal to both anyway because, well it's a ride. Rides are fun and both genders love to ride rides lol.

Grizzly Hall 71

Then we should probably ignore what boys want, LMA is a waste of space. Does anyone even see that more than once?

Young boys have seemed to enjoy Fantasyland for decades now, nothing too masculine in there as it is.

It's a must see for me everytime.

And hey I guess. Something new wouldn't hurt it. Like when Walt introduced the Mattehorn to DL's fantasyland.

Captain Chaos

^Well, that's sort of why I included all that stuff before the bolded print. I know MANY male children that would be in AWE if they got to witness any of the (battles/magic/nightmares fantasmic) that come before the bold. The thing is that juan mentioned that there was not going to be an addition to any of the previously planned "franchises" in the land. I just simply picked out what I thought could hold a boy's attention. And the mine coaster wouldn't be bad.

That's why I said Neverland... Peter Pan has the Lost Boys... Tink can have her smaller version of Pixie Hollow and her M&G...A new, modern, e ticket Peter Pan dark ride could be constructed.. It appeals to boys and girls.. Add in the duels and fights you have in the princess movies, and now it is balanced.. The only issue with my Neverland suggestion is where the two Dumbo's go..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom