Oldest Disney World Memory

crazykingdom

Account Suspended
Getting lost at the Poly with my Grandpa after we left the restuarant by the game room after the smell of the menus made me sick (I was 8).

One of my favorite memories........:(

Cindy Rella

My first trip was in '71 the year the parks opened, we went around Thanksgiving, I was about 8. I remember tearing off the different colored tickets for the rides. My most happy memories were riding the Haunted mansion:eek: the teacups:lol: and the Pirates:) with my dad.

We stayed at the Contemporary and thought the monorail was cool. A few years later we stayed at the Poly- loved the waterfall pool- have great memories of swiming at night when it was lit up ,hated the luau as I was a picky eater and there was nothing there I liked to eat.

Al

my oldest memory, is 20,000 leagues. I just vaguely remember stepping on, then peering through the glass window.:)

Luau Cove

Original Poster
Originally posted by Alberrisford
my oldest memory, is 20,000 leagues. I just vaguely remember stepping on, then peering through the glass window.:)

I also remember I was really afraid of this ride 'cause I imagined we were really way down under water, and so my Dad ask if I could peep through the Cap'n cabin to see that we were still at land level.
-->LUAU

kal1484

My first memory i have is of my grandpa at the Diamond Horseshoe Jamboree. He was bald, and the lady kissed him on the top of his head. I'll never forget that ever! Especially now that he isn't with us anymore.

tmp

This is more about what I remember the first time I went to Disney. It was Sept of 1985 and I was 8. My parents took me out of school for a week to go. They told me we were going to Wildwood, NJ. Wildwood is about a two hour drive from Philadelphia and my parents had know idea how they were going to get me on a plane. Well, me being eight, I randomly asked two weeks before vacation if we could take a plane because I never had been on one. I was a stupid little fellow! We go to the airport and while we were in the terminal they handed Disney/Florida stuff. In the stuff was something to do with Mickey. Stupid me makes the comment "Oh look they gave me Disney stuff in case we go to WDW someday." Finally we get on the plane and my parents told me we were not going to Wildwood we were going to Disney. I'll never forget this and I even have pictures to prove it. I started to cry - I MEAN REALLY CRY- tears of happiness - NO- I was disappointd we were not going to stinkin New Jersey and we were going to Disney. I asked if we could change planes or get off, but to know luck. So here I am 17 years later- 6 Disney trips later ( 5 as an adult), and posting on a Disney Forum. Thanks alot Mom and Dad:)

JeffJewell

My earliest WDW memory is...

...going on If You Had Wings with my grandfather, over and over again, because it didn't cost you a ticket.

Jeff

The_CEO

The oldest memory for me would be when I was about 6 .. I was scared of the fireworks and had to run to a girt shop with my mom lol....
~ Justin..

SnowWhiteKL

My earliest memory was from when i was about 4 years old and went to WDW with my parents while my grandparents babysat my sister, who was a year old at the time. During the day, I got sick, but when my parents tried to leave the park, I just cried and begged to stay, so even though I was sick, I got them to take me back to the enchanted Tiki Room and Small World before we left so i was happy.:hurl:

DisneyPhD

Mrs. Disney PhD.

I remember being in the car and asking my dad over and over again "are we there yet? are we there yet?" (I was 3.)

I don't remember getting there. :lol: I do remember walking down MSUSA with 2 of my older brothers swinging me between them by their pinky fingers (I was a small child). We ran into a neighbor in front of the castle and didn't know they were going to be there, I remember my parents being suprised. (we're from Michigan.)

Mr. Disney PhD

Some of my earliest "memories" are actually from pictures of my family's first trip in '72. I was only about 1 year old and so don't really remember any of it but my mom has always told me that she carried me all the way up to the top of the TreeHouse and then back down again. Another one from a later trip, my older brother didn't want to do Haunted Mansion and I did (mostly because he didn't). So he and dad went to CBJ and mom and I went on HM. I think I got the better deal there.
In june of '82, the family got to take the monorail over to Epcot to preview it. I don't think we were allowed off of the monorail platform but Dad got some cool pictures of an incomplete future world, just a few months from the Big Opening in October. I'll stop rambling now.

EPCOTPluto

BUMP! :lookaroun

My oldest memory definitely was riding Horizons at a VERY young age. Back in 1993, my first trip ever to WDW.

I only vaugely remember thanks to the lighting and sounds of it, which I couldn't figure out what it was until MANY years later, when I watched a ride-thru of Horizons. Hearing the music and the purple transitional hallways just jogged my memory right there and then.

:)

lilclerk

Being terrified of Spaceship Earth :lol: I thought I was going to fall out of the car and fall all the way down to the bottom of the globe.

How ironic that now it's one of my favorites, though I still get nervous coming back down backwards.

puntagordabob

Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room / The Tropical Serenade one at WDW(not the under new management show EVER!)... fall of 1971.. I was like four years old.

Every year after that when my Mom would say we were going to WDW I would say "TIKI BIRDS!!!!" .... Jose & his Flock are my earliest magical memory at WDW.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
My earliest memory is from August 1989. I was 5 and MGM had just opened and the Stop/Go signs on Hollywood Blvd still moved. I remember watching the signs change and thinking that when it said Stop I couldn't walk anymore. I also recall posing for pictures with the old cars that were parked on the street too. Random memories, right? :shrug:

From that trip I also recall parts of the Brava Centauri scenes in Horizons, being absolutely in love with Figment (and having to be forcibly removed by my mom from the ImageWorks), and having a character breakfast at Tomorrowland Terrace (that carpet definitely left a lasting impression).

EPCOT Explorer

My earliest memory is from August 1989. I was 5 and MGM had just opened and the Stop/Go signs on Hollywood Blvd still moved. I remember watching the signs change and thinking that when it said Stop I couldn't walk anymore. I also recall posing for pictures with the old cars that were parked on the street too. Random memories, right? :shrug:

From that trip I also recall parts of the Brava Centauri scenes in Horizons, being absolutely in love with Figment (and having to be forcibly removed by my mom from the ImageWorks), and having a character breakfast at Tomorrowland Terrace (that carpet definitely left a lasting impression).

I kept watching those this past trip to see if they worked. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom