WDW 2010: Same old pixie dust?

SirGoofy

I think this is probably about it. Whatever, if any, changes come to the Skyway building, too. Isn't Splash also getting a longer refurbishment, as well? My guess is that any changes there won't be something guests will notice, though.

Jungle Cruise should be down a significant amount of time.

Hopefully.:dazzle:

SirGoofy

IOA will not have the two best themed attraction in the world, in my opinion. However, you are entitled to your own opinion. I'll be happy if all the HP fanboys go to IOA, then they're out of WDW for everyone else.

Okay, so they'll have the two most technologically advanced attractions that push the limit of what a dark ride can do.

Something the Mouse seems to be scared to try.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
In my opinion they will not have the best two themed attractions in the world. They will have one decent themed attraction. But that's my opinion, you're stating your information as a fact, which is incorrect.

I'd agree with that.

What you have to remember about SirGoofy is that he is the eternal optimist when it comes to Universal, and is quite the pessimist when it comes to WDW.

Animaniac93-98

I think we can count on the Narnia exhibit being closed, perhaps to be replaced with Prince of Persia. That should qualify as a minor attraction. :)

That's probably true and isn't the BAH coming down next year, or is that 2011?

Drew also hinted at the Easter Parade coming back possibly too, along with rumors for a major JC rehab from SirGoofy and other minor things could happen such as the Hatbox ghost coming, more Epcot aesthetic work, etc.

I don't expect a major attraction, but it would be disappointing to put up with yet another year of that awful afternoon parade at MK.

SirGoofy

What you have to remember about SirGoofy is that he is the eternal optimist when it comes to Universal, and is quite the pessimist when it comes to WDW.

:rolleyes:

I'm sorry, I guess I'm not excited for Little Mermaid then? Even though I've been calling for it to come to MK since it was announced for DCA.

Or Be Our Guest Restaurant or Gaston's? Even though I've been clamoring for additional dining options at the Magic Kingdom

Or Star Tours? I mean, I only have it as my avatar and in my sig. But I mean, it's definitely going to suck.

And I guess having the reason for having the Dumbo concept art as my wallpaper on my computer is because I'm so sure it's going to suck, right?

Give me a break, Steve.

lazyboy97o

When you look at the econmy and so many people out of work it is hard to perform an expansion.
Actually, now is the best time to be a starting a massive construction project if you can unsure its use, which Disney can to a pretty good extent. Both labor and material are are cheap. With plans taking years to complete before ground starts to move, the current state is not so much the reason as what people expected.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Really?

And how has Disney even come close to touching the tech in either Spider-man, or the upcoming Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey? Because I'm sure they haven't.

Gauging technology isn't a measure of good an attraction is. Its often thrown around from Universal fans - possibly because the attractions lack story?

From a raw computing point of view, I'd say that Toy Story Mania is considerably more complex than either of your examples.

In terms of Engineering, the Everest structures have to be amongst the most complex ever undertaken in any park.

SirGoofy

Gauging technology isn't a measure of good an attraction is. Its often thrown around from Universal fans - possibly because the attractions lack story?

If you think Spidey is lacking story and theming, you're most likely blind and deaf.

From a raw computing point of view, I'd say that Toy Story Mania is considerably more complex than either of your examples.

Possibly. But story wise, Spidey kicks it's butt. And I'm hopeful Potter will as well.

In terms of Engineering, the Everest structures have to be amongst the most complex ever undertaken in any park.

It's a possibility. But the Potter ride system will impress more than Everest's mountain will, IMO.

You act like I've never said anything bad about Uni, Steve, which is completely false. I think the Simpsons' Ride is a snooze of an attraction, and have constantly said how Disney won that round with TSMM

Mouse Man

Honestly Universal is a nice one day visit and thats about it. Now my brother lives in Lake Wales and he used to go to Universal with my niece. They both got bored of the park and let there yearly pass expire to go to Disney. My brother and my niece claims the park is more like a ghost town then an upbeat fun place. Now last years vaction we went and had a good time, but it only took us a day to see both parks and felt like we went to an upscale six flags.

I know sir goofy will hate this but this is my and my family's opinion. We are not the only ones that feel this way. HP at Uni will bring back some people and I hope for Uni this does happen. But once all the hype is over then it will be back to normal to sub normal park attendance. I hope not. Not to mention, it's kinda of lame that they have to re-use Two existing rides instead of building new ones to enjoy. Wow Dueling draggons now set to an HP theme. OH BOY???????:snore:

beyondyou

well i think(just my opinion so lets not attack me for my opinion here...) that regardless of universal having 2 super technologically advanced rides and waht not, it has obviously not helped them out in terms of attendance. there is a reason they have been going bankrupt and even though they do pour a bunch of money into brand new ride systems and blahblahblah, it has not helped them at all i'd say.

i think disney just maintaning itself and not doing any major things(that we know of) is a smart move. why spend a bunch if you dont need to?

SirGoofy

I know sir goofy will hate this but this is my and my family's opinion. We are not the only ones that feel this way. HP at Uni will bring back some people and I hope for Uni this does happen. But once all the hype is over then it will be back to normal to sub normal park attendance. I hope not. Not to mention, it's kinda of lame that they have to re-use Two existing rides instead of building new ones to enjoy. Wow Dueling draggons now set to an HP theme. OH BOY???????:snore:

Hey, whatever floats your boat.

I was just pointing out that you conveniently forgot to mention Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey in your original post.:wave:

SirGoofy

well i think(just my opinion so lets not attack me for my opinion here...) that regardless of universal having 2 super technologically advanced rides and waht not, it has obviously not helped them out in terms of attendance. there is a reason they have been going bankrupt and even though they do pour a bunch of money into brand new ride systems and blahblahblah, it has not helped them at all i'd say.

Because people buy into Disney's marketing. And that's fine, I'm not going to trash Disney for the way the market, but Uni has two Disney-level theme parks in Orlando. A topic that any unbiased party will admit.

why spend a bunch if you dont need to?

Because it's needed sometimes.

beyondyou

Because people buy into Disney's marketing. And that's fine, I'm not going to trash Disney for the way the market, but Uni has two Disney-level theme parks in Orlando. A topic that any unbiased party will admit.

oh i love uni and IOA. they are super fun and sometimes a fun get away from all the disneyness i guess you'd say. haha

i just dont think that all that money has really payed off for them business wise. customer wise? oh my gosh, we love it. but for them im not so sure

SirGoofy

i just dont think that all that money has really payed off for them business wise. customer wise? oh my gosh, we love it. but for them im not so sure

In terms of the masses, no it hasn't. I don't know why, but I get the feeling that many people see Uni as the estranged cousin of Disney, and therefore feel it is unworthy of their vacation dollars.

Personally, I know a large group of people that went to Uni instead of Disney one year, and now won't go back to WDW.

I think that there's plenty of room(and need) for both resorts, and would really wish Disney fans would give Uni a chance, and Uni fans Disney a chance.

Mouse Man

Uni has two Disney-level theme parks in Orlando.

There is more to it then just having two theme parks at Disney level. Yor forgetting about the customer service. The entire theming of the park, resorts, Resteraunts, shopping, snacks and most of all characters.

Sir Goofy. Universal is a very exciting thrills theme park that can be seen in a day but always makes me leave with with a feeling of wanting more. Hard to explain. It just doesn't compare to the Disney experience period. of resteraunts, resorts, downtown shopping, boat rides, and so on. Disney is a vacation experience and Universal a one day trip.

SirGoofy

There is more to it then just having two theme parks at Disney level. Yor forgetting about the customer service. The entire theming of the park, resorts, Resteraunts, shopping, snacks and most of all characters.

All of which are on Disney's level. I've had just as many problems with Disney customer service in my life as Uni, and the Uni CM's are just as good as Disney's.

Sir Goofy. Universal is a very exciting thrills theme park that can be seen in a day but always makes me leave with with a feeling of wanting more. Hard to explain. It just doesn't compare to the Disney experience period. of resteraunts, resorts, downtown shopping, boat rides, and so on. Disney is a vacation experience and Universal a one day trip.

No, Universal cannot be seen in a day. If you run through it maybe. But if you take the time to check out all the beautiful details in the parks, each will take you at least a day to do.

You have preconceived notions on Disney, so Uni doesn't compare to you. Nothing wrong with that, but to say the parks aren't on the level of Disney is putting blinders on, IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom