Gran Fiesta Tour Rumor

wdwfan22

Original Poster
Last week I heard a rumor that I have not seen mentioned here so I thought I would share. Again this is a rumor so don't take it as fact. The rumor involves the finale of Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros at Epcot. Rumor has it that the finale scene in which the concert takes place will lose the video screen and add animatronics instead. The animatronics are coming from Tokyo Disneyland's Mickey Mouse revue show that recently closed. If true i really think it would make for a great addition to the ride.

Captain Chaos

Last week I heard a rumor that I have not seen mentioned here so I thought I would share. Again this is a rumor so don't take it as fact. The rumor involves the finale of Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros at Epcot. Rumor has it that the finale scene in which the concert takes place will lose the video screen and add animatronics instead. The animatronics are coming from Tokyo Disneyland's Mickey Mouse revue show that recently closed. If true i really think it would make for a great addition to the ride.

I would agree... AAs would be welcome.... However, I like the ride as is... it is still cheesy liek the original... To me, that is what makes it great...

DarthGrady

Thats seems nicer than the ho-hum projections. I cant remember, did they change that part when they overhauled the ride? I've only ridden it once since the redo.

Cmdr_Crimson

Thats seems nicer than the ho-hum projections. I cant remember, did they change that part when they overhauled the ride? I've only ridden it once since the redo.

Yes..It use to be a carousel with huge marionettes dancing to the song as fireworks shot off in the sky..

And I must say that would be nice to see them and bring back at least 3 of the original AA's back to WDW..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuZ2qrDXenA

But Chances are they'll stick to the Video loop.

CaptainMichael

I wish they could figure out a way to speed up the unloading process. Boats always get backed up and you have to hear the goodbye loop a million times.

the-reason14

Yea, I like the ride and all, but thats something that is missing is some AAs. If it were to stay like this, and if I had the choice, Id rather have the old ride back. But if they do add these, I think it would be a good addition, and something Im sure alot of people already expected to be in the ride. So I hope its true.

EPCOTPluto

Rumor has it that the finale scene in which the concert takes place will lose the video screen and add animatronics instead. The animatronics are coming from Tokyo Disneyland's Mickey Mouse revue show that recently closed. If true i really think it would make for a great addition to the ride.
A great rumor nonetheless! I would love to see it happen! :D

Especially since the ride seems so lifeless at the end. But that's just me. :shrug:

I wish they could figure out a way to speed up the unloading process. Boats always get backed up and you have to hear the goodbye loop a million times.
Yes. Perhaps they should try to slow the Adios loop dow to say, one goodbye every 10-17 seconds... :brick::lol:

dreamfinder

Running off of vague memories here, but isn't the load/unload set up for 2 boats in use at once? 1 load and 1 unload at a time, then slide forward and repeat? I ask cause last few trips it has only been 1 boat at a time.

Running off of vague memories here, but isn't the load/unload set up for 2 boats in use at once? 1 load and 1 unload at a time, then slide forward and repeat? I ask cause last few trips it has only been 1 boat at a time.
I seem to recall one boat loading and one boat unloading at the same time, too. Granted, that was back in 2002.

NewfieFan

I seem to recall one boat loading and one boat unloading at the same time, too. Granted, that was back in 2002.

I seem to recall that as well... and trust me I should know what I'm talking about... my kids love that ride, they rode it three times on our last trip!

I would love to see AAs added (and so would my kids)!

Animaniac93-98

I seem to be the one who kept putting out this idea because it was so obvious to me not to waste AAs (they're still good Figment623). If it's true I'm glad someone is listening or thinking along similar lines has me. However, I doubt someone is.

Recommended by the guy who first put this idea out on the internet:

TAKE RUMOR WITH SALT

CThaddeus

While I love the idea of losing that big screen at the end of Gran Fiesta, aren't the Three Caballeros Audio Animatronic characters from Mickey Mouse Revue just a bit too small for such a big finale room? I've only seen Mickey Mouse Revue in video form, but all of the figures in it seem perfect in size for an up-close stage show, but kinda puny when placed in a room as large as Gran Fiesta's finale. I could be completely wrong, though...

Figment632

Actually Figment, they are 38 years old. Mickey Mouse Revue was one of the original shows for the MK before it got shipped over to Tokyo for the opening of their MK.

Yea I was never an ace at math but was 1972 37 years ago? If I'm wrong then I still don't see how 38 year old AA's are an improvement over the screens.

Skyway

I call "bogus" on this rumor for so many reasons.

First of all, why does anyone think this would improve the ending? Those AA's from MMR are about the size of an IASW doll and have almost as limited of movement. Besides having to squint to see them, it would be the most static, lifeless ending imaginable! At least the current set up is large, has lots of energetic movement, and dazzling colors.

Second, Disney is not going to just trash the thousands of dollars invested in the current ending. That rear projection screen and the digital projectior cost a bunch of money, not to mention what was spent animating that sequence of film.

Third, from a creative and historical perspective, the ending film is the one most inspired by "The Three Caballeros". Their choreography is almost identical to Walt's original movie. Again, you're not going to get that energy and flavor with some ancient AA's bolted to the floor.

Fourth, Disney is in the habit of removing AA's, not adding additional ones. Why would they spend money to install and constantly upkeep something that, quite frankly, better in it's current state?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom