Favorite Memory of Disney everyone says couldn't've happened, but you swear it did!

I remember when they strapped you in when you rode Space Mountain.WDW alsohad a SWAN BOAT ride where you rode & they gave a history of how things were made.Also remember when the stores in FRONTIER LAND sold western stuff!!Anyonre remember when there was an ARCADE on mainstreet! Remember when the only RESORTS were the Poly & the Contimp
Jim

Oriolesmagic

I could swear that at one point if you turn into the right room after the GMR movie. The one with all the props and stuff. That there would be a couple animatronics that would talk to you about movies and stuff. But people told me this never happened.

Club Cooloholic

Mine is from Disneyland. When we went to DL in the very early '60s, I wanted to ride the Flying Saucers- they were kind of like hovercraft things. I wasn't tall enough to ride so I just watched and thought "next time I will be big enough". We went again in the very late '60s - "this time I am big enough" I said to myself. There were no Flying Saucers! When I told my family about them they just said "you were imagining them!"

http://www.yesterland.com/saucers.html

That ride looks so fun! I wonder if it was just for kids of a certain size. Today they would need industrial strength air blowers to move some folks around.

Crazy4WDisneyW

I think I know what you mean...

I could have sworn that the ride in the Imagination pavilion was much longer, had some old guy with a beard and a hot air balloon in it and had a really good story line.:lookaroun

They changed the Imagination ride several times..... and the ride use to take you up the the very top of the building and drop you off there.... there was a man with a beard in the ride to... he was an autoamactronic (I stink at spelling today!) and he sat on this bicycle contraption... Disney kept the end of the bicycle which envolves Figment comeout of it... it now resides in Mouse Gears in EPCOT..... ask any store member about it!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
They changed the Imagination ride several times..... and the ride use to take you up the the very top of the building and drop you off there.... there was a man with a beard in the ride to... he was an autoamactronic (I stink at spelling today!) and he sat on this bicycle contraption... Disney kept the end of the bicycle which envolves Figment comeout of it... it now resides in Mouse Gears in EPCOT..... ask any store member about it!
The OP was sarcasm.:wave:

Edeyore

Okay, first I want to know what kind of drugs you people have been taking and secondly where can I get some. Based on these comments they must be good. :lol:

KingdomHeart

Original Poster
Wow! I'm so glad this thread rocks!
This one is from my wonderful sister -
she combined parts of Horizons and Spaceship Earth, but definitely remembers the descent in SSE including getting hit in the face with the smell of oranges and seeing people living under water.
-Nicholas

goodtimes5286

did they always have all of those plants and vegitation in the middle of the seven seas lagoon? I coulda sworn that it was just open water for the parade and stuff. That's something i noticed on my last trip, did they bring in plants or something?

UPDATE: I just remembered I had a picture from 10 years and 50 plus pounds ago of me at the GF taking a picture holding the contemp. There was NO plants or trees or islands in the middle of seven seas lagoon. So the question remains, where did it all come from?

magicmaya

Mine is from Disneyland. When we went to DL in the very early '60s, I wanted to ride the Flying Saucers- they were kind of like hovercraft things. I wasn't tall enough to ride so I just watched and thought "next time I will be big enough". We went again in the very late '60s - "this time I am big enough" I said to myself. There were no Flying Saucers! When I told my family about them they just said "you were imagining them!"

http://www.yesterland.com/saucers.html

They put space mountain in that area! That is the same thing that happen to my dad and he came and he saw a big weird dome on top of it and he started crying!

SirGoofy

did they always have all of those plants and vegitation in the middle of the seven seas lagoon? I coulda sworn that it was just open water for the parade and stuff. That's something i noticed on my last trip, did they bring in plants or something?

UPDATE: I just remembered I had a picture from 10 years and 50 plus pounds ago of me at the GF taking a picture holding the contemp. There was NO plants or trees or islands in the middle of seven seas lagoon. So the question remains, where did it all come from?

They may not be in view in the picture, but they've always been there.:wave:

Tink313

I could have sworn that Space Mt vehicle was like a bob sled. I told my very scared son to ride space mt with me and not to worry he was going to sit between my legs and that I was going to hold real tight. After much convincing and a special gift he went on line. While on line I reasured him that was going to hold him real tight.

Well after all that we get to the loading area and the car was far from being a "bob seld" . :eek: My son looked at me and said "Mom you lied" :dazzle:
I couldnt belive I was so wrong. Well we went on and hes never rode it again....this year make it 3 years since the incident and he still has no plans to ride Space Mt again.:eek:

magicmaya

I could have sworn that Space Mt vehicle was like a bob sled. I told my very scared son to ride space mt with me and not to worry he was going to sit between my legs and that I was going to hold real tight. After much convincing and a special gift he went on line. While on line I reasured him that was going to hold him real tight.

Well after all that we get to the loading area and the car was far from being a "bob seld" . :eek: My son looked at me and said "Mom you lied" :dazzle:
I couldnt belive I was so wrong. Well we went on and hes never rode it again....this year make it 3 years since the incident and he still has no plans to ride Space Mt again.:eek:

The vehicle actually used to be like a bobsled.They changed the seating in the 90's(tell me if im wrong.I know more about DL's SM)

sillyspook13

My sister insists that I cried when I rode Big Thunder for the first time. Then again she has been known to tell people embarrassing and untrue stories about our other sister and me. I fondly call this phenomenon "History According to Laura."

What actually happened was, while our parents held a spot for the parade, my sisters took me to my first ever ride on a roller coaster. We were all super excited because I had just reached the height requirement. I guess they didn't think I would ride because they bribed me with candy buttons (Heck yeah I'll ride Big Thunder for some candy buttons!). I rode, laughed the whole time, and begged them to let me ride again. The candy buttons were good too.:lol:

Not sure where crying fits into that story.:rolleyes::shrug:

iKat

Wow! I'm so glad this thread rocks!
This one is from my wonderful sister -
she combined parts of Horizons and Spaceship Earth, but definitely remembers the descent in SSE including getting hit in the face with the smell of oranges and seeing people living under water.
-Nicholas

I've done the same thing with how I remember SSE from when I was little. In the descent at the glassed in part I remember it as a scene of people living under water and dining in a restaurant under water. Was that in Horizons, I can't remember?

DisneyPrincess5

I could have SWORN as a kid that at CoP, CMs sang a song about the Bermuda Triangle...????
I remember it being in kind of a round room exactly like CoP so I assumed it was that.
Very weird!
Must have been at SeaWorld :lookaroun (or most likely, no where)

teebin

My story somewhat fits with the Flying Saucer story.
My first time to the MK was in 1999. Walking down main street I distinctly recall turning left into a little alley way that had flower carts filled with hundreds of artificial flowers. It was also in this alley that it was the first time I had ever seen one of those little florida lizards.
So, I return in early 2004 and walking down main street to see that the alley is on the right hand side of the street not the left and I was TOTALLY perplexed as I have a really good sense of place. I went the whole of 2004 returning to the MK every so often worrying that I had had a stroke or something as that alley was still on the right.
Then on here I finally saw a thread that spoke of the Emporium enlargement and the filling in of the left hand alley. (bad move btw, many on here must have been incensed when they did that) But phew, I proved to myself that I wasn't crazy.

http://www.pansophist.com/mkms11.jpg

Tink313

The vehicle actually used to be like a bobsled.They changed the seating in the 90's(tell me if im wrong.I know more about DL's SM)

Thanks for the info. I thought I was losing my mind. However I feel that my son will not care that I was right. :lookaroun :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom