Disney Horror Stories

Main Street USA

Originally posted by justinsul1
I'm not. seriously, if you got fireworks in your eyes at disney you would be stupid not to sue. it was 100% disney's fault.

ALL fireworks produce smoke and ash. Then there's this thing called wind, which last time I checked, wasn't under their control.

On top of those obvious things, the fact that you think people should sue for things like this is a prime example of why the American public is going right down the tubes. Your "I have a right to be paid large amounts of money if ANYTHING goes wrong" mentality is a joke.

Also, don't tell anyone on these boards they'd be "stupid" for having an opinion that differs from yours.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I'm not. seriously, if you got fireworks in your eyes at disney you would be stupid not to sue. it was 100% disney's fault.

If you were close enough for embers and ash to fall on you, then you weren't in an authorized area, and were you to sue them, Disney would win. BTW- Have you eaten at McDonalds lately? By your apparent standards, you would be able to be a millionaire after a trip there.

Main Street USA

Re: umm...

Originally posted by SG4779
ok mainstreet, as much as I respect your view, I think she could of won the suit if she sued... I'm sure if she DID sue she would hav gotten a nice sum of money.

This is beside the point. The simple THOUGHT of suing is ridiculous. This person is at Disney, gets ash in the eye, says ouch, gets the ash out, and is fine. It was an unintentional accident and no one was hurt. GET OVER IT. As I said above, this whole country seems to be under the impression that they should recieve money for any mishap, no matter how small and ridiculous.

You guys are probably the same people who think that the woman who won millions for spilling McDonalds coffee on herself deserved the money. WHAT A JOKE.

Why shouldn't you sue? I don't know where you grew up or what your mommy and daddy DIDN'T teach you, but the answer is simple:

Because it's WRONG.

Its simple, if you place yourself in a compromising position, then you are to be held negligible. Wind is indeed a factor, also though, like someone else pointed out, if ash was falling on the person, then they were in an unauthorized zone.

And MainStreet....I TOTALLY agree with you. Frivalous lawsuits are what's wrong with this country. Such as the tabacco lawsuits, and most recently safety in NHL arenas. Granted I am very sorry that someone had to die to cause changes, and yes it should have been adressed years before, but if you go into an enclosed space, like say an ice arena, one thinks you should be aware of flying objects, most notably, those frozen rubber things called pucks.:brick:

disneydudette

Originally posted by SG4779 1st off, I grew up in the 2nd Richest County in the United States, and have to say that I'm living in the top 2% of the population in the US...

Was there a need for that....what does being in the top %2 and living in the richest county in the US have to do with nething...
wow....do you want a metal....(childish...sry)
If that was your attempt to say that "I had it better than you did"...or..."My parents were rich....so I'm not some stupid guy on the boards".....it was a good try....
everyone has there opinion....I agree with you on that

Back to the quesiton....
I don't think thats disney's fault....
yes....she was injued and could have been givin an apology and/or extras....

I think its more of the wrong place wrong time type thing....disney can't control everything....

Sueing.....no.....don't let disney make a fool of you....even if your right....Disney could make you look like the stupidest person in court.....if it was that big of a deal...which an injury is...contact disney WHILE there.....you'll get more that way then dragging lawyers into it....

Ok sorry SG4.....didn't mean to ream you out.....but that was a concieted comment.....you made it seem like because of that....your opinion ment more....or you were more elite.... :(
Maybe you got in the top 2 by seuing :veryconfu :lol:

EpcoTim

Re: Re: umm...

Originally posted by disneydudette

Maybe you got in the top 2 by seuing :veryconfu :lol:

Or by sponging off mommy and daddy. Who cares either way. And when has the second richest county been in Michigan?

rosie.ca

i am not going to comment on this fireworks issue i don't want to get yelled at and hated for my own opinion...this topic is just getting too nasty for my liking

mkt

Premium Member
Re: Re: Re: umm...

Originally posted by EpcoTim
And when has the second richest county been in Michigan?

for a while actually... America's enfatuation with cars has made it the second richest county. Go fig

EpcoTim

Re: Re: Re: Re: umm...

Originally posted by mktiggerman
for a while actually... America's enfatuation with cars has made it the second richest county. Go fig
I live in Michigan at the moment. Originally from Chicago. They are some extremely nice communities out here, but they arent nearly as big, and they fail in comparison to those outside Chicago. I always thought DuPage was the second. Oh well, I dont really care either way.

mkt

Premium Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: umm...

Originally posted by EpcoTim
I live in Michigan at the moment. Originally from Chicago. They are some extremely nice communities out here, but they arent nearly as big, and they fail in comparison to those outside Chicago. I always thought DuPage was the second. Oh well, I dont really care either way.

Oakland County, just outside Detroit is the county in question

RU42

How did, or more accurately why are we allowing, this thread end up on a debate of Michigan and counties etc. Is that what chit-chat is for?

Sorry - tired up getting updates to this thread with the debate on income and fireworks.

RU

EpcoTim

Hmmmm.....maybe going off topic could qualify for your disney horror story.

"It was 03, we were deep, deep into a thread, and this guy, these two guys, they....they....they.....mentioned Michigan. Oh the humanity....it was terrible, like getting stabbed in the eye I tell you. But it wasnt Disneys fault."

Just kidding. Sorry, I had to. :D

DisneyCP2000

Just wondering...Aren't the fireworks shot off way way way behind the MK? I watched the fireworks from toontown once and it seemed as if they were nowhere near the park. Plus doesn't the ash usually flow East or West, and not towards the park? I'm thinking it could have been dust or debris?

As for epcot, that's a different story.

wdwforus

Originally posted by WDWdude12
One time when i was about 14 my brother and sister in law took me and my firend down to WDW in Jan. of 200. The second or thrid day won we ventured of to MK abd had a great day. At the end of the day we decided to watch the fireworks over by the back of Cinderella's Castle by the carousel. We all had to look up to watch the firework when all of the sudden my friend grabbed her eye and started screaming. We all headed back to our room ( Old Key West) after she had calmed down. The next morning she rubber her eye and and prety generous amount of ash from the fireworks came out!.....it must hurt having burning ash soar rgiht into your eye! I will never forget that!:drevil: :wave:

My question here and I am not saying it didnt happen as you say it did is this....actually its more of an observation of the facts stated....and I am only speaking on my knowledge of things hot hitting your body....I was a welder for the last 5 years....is this....I would think the ash would have had plenty of time to cool suficiently that it would not have burned your friend or that if it was hot enough to cause her that much pain you would have HAD to seek medical attention immediately....also....your body learns to absorb and fight foreign bodies...I know from extreme personal experiences with steel in my eyes....she would not have been able to rub the ash out in the a.m.....it was most likely stuck to her eyelash or brow....also I know that when something is in your eye that doesnt belong there it would have made for a very long night and I would have been flushing my eye to help the discomfort....I feel sorry for your friend if this truely how it happened but have a little hard time believeing the "facts". Also I think that if you read the back of your ticket or your vacation package materials WDW has itself well covered for "incidents" that happen on property. Seeking legal compensation for her mishap may have been possible but it is most likely not what I would do.

Main Street USA

Originally posted by SG4779
1st off, I grew up in the 2nd Richest County in the United States, and have to say that I'm living in the top 2% of the population in the US...2nd its not your place to tell me what my parents did or did not teach me. I personally would not have sued, but I do feel that Disney should be Responsible for what happened...If it was Windy that night before the fireworks went off, then they should NOT have had the Fireworks show (PERIOD). Like you said "Simple as that..." Honestly, it seems to me that when a person disagrees with you Main Street you flip out...this is a Forum where people have different views and opinions, Just like YOU STATED in a post PRIOR to your last one...I respect your opinion but I'm not gonna kiss ___ and agree with you like some people on the board so you like me or something, No. I'm not gonna just agree and sweep it under the rug b/c I don't agree with you...I feel that had Disney been contacted about this issue whether it went to court or not, SOMETHING would have been offered as an apology. I'm sorry you feel the need to tell me that my "mommy and daddy DIDN'T teach me," things b/c they did. They taugh me how to be respectful to others opinions, and told me that some people will just be plain rude.

1st - I didn't ask where you grew up, I said "I don't know where you grew up," and I doubt many care. The fact that you grew up in a rich neighborhood had little or nothing to do with you personally, being that it was your parents money, not yours.

2nd - I haven't "flipped out" ever on the boards. If my posts seem hasty, it's because I'm fed up with everyone feeling like they have a right to do this and a right to do that, for no other reason than they think they "deserve" it, which is still, and always will be a joke.

3rd - I respect everyone's opinion until it affects others in a negative way. The opinion that it's OK to sue for something like this DOES indeed affect many other people besides the two immediate parties. Not only financially, but it also makes people feel just as many of you seem to, like they can sue for anything, regardless of how ridiculous it is.

Lastly - I couldn't care less if you agree with me, but if you truly wouldn't sue like you said, then good for you. But if you think it's ok if someone else were to sue and get financially compensated, then I'll let you go on like the rest of the country and remain greedy and morally sick.

justinsul1

This is not a frivilous lawsuit. When you go to Disney you are not doing anything risky that would have fireworks get in your eye. Fireworks should not be entering the eyes of guests. Disney needs to be sent that message.

Main Street USA

This is not a frivilous lawsuit. When you go to Disney you are not doing anything risky that would have fireworks get in your eye. Fireworks should not be entering the eyes of guests. Disney needs to be sent that message.

Disney knows that fireworks don't belong in guests eyes. In this particular case, the girl was unhurt, therefore there is no need for anything more than a trip to guest relations to tell them what happened.

If any of you remember the thread about the Space Mountain lawsuit, where the man was hit in the head, knocked unconcious, and then suffered permanent damage which kept him from continuing to work as a doctor. THAT is an example of a justified lawsuit. Disney had been previously aware of these exact situations, and CHOSE to do nothing furthur to protect its guests.

What's funny is that in that thread everybody was saying that he didn't deserve a dime.:rolleyes:

guwag

Is there some weird thing going round that makes people on the boards angry for some reason? The handbags seem to have been coming out a lot lately and it's getting a bit annoying.:fork:

Main Street USA

Originally posted by guwag
Is there some weird thing going round that makes people on the boards angry for some reason? The handbags seem to have been coming out a lot lately and it's getting a bit annoying.:fork:

Well, usually, I don't post at all in a thread that touches a nerve. When I finally do post, it isn't to teach anyone a lesson, or tell them how to think.

However, if there's one thing that SHOULD make people angry, it's GREED and this rampant idea that "I deserve something for nothing." Like I said above, on a normal night, I'd just watch others comment and shake my head or say "right on." But when that particular post about suing came up I wasn't feeling all that shy. Then we have the other posts saying they agree that it would be right to sue, which just threw more logs on the fire.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom