WDW Picture of the Day Thread (Part 5)

WDWFigment

Original Poster
There have been some recent concerns that the "average" poster is now reluctant to post their pictures because they feel their pictures don't measure up to some others' pictures. I understand this concern, but I would like to reiterate why so many of us like to visit this thread: the diverse perspectives from which so many pictures are taken and our love for seeing all things Disney, no matter what the technical characteristics of the picture. I know I have "stolen" ideas from just about every regular poster here, and the ideas each person brings to the table are wholly unique from those ideas that others bring. To me and others, this really makes for an enjoyable thread. As for the second part, the love for Disney, I think we all know what I mean...

To illustrate the perspectives: I don't have children, so my best opportunity to see the enjoyment you all have with your children at WDW is to look at the pictures here. It provides vicarious enjoyment, just as I'm sure the empty park pictures I take in the wee hours of the night provide vicarious enjoyment to the folks with kids who never see the parks like that because they have to leave far earlier to put the kids to bed.

The technical quality the photos here is not even a consideration for so many of us who enjoy these pictures. This is not a contest, and although some of the pictures here can be intimidating, they should not prevent anyone from posting their pictures. I may not be as good as Randy Moss at catching a football, but that definitely isn't going to stop me from playing. This is because I have fun playing football, and I know that every once in a while, I will make an outstanding play. Same things goes for photography--do it and share it if it's fun for you. Measuring yourself against others may be helpful to grow an ability, but it should never be something that decreases your confidence.

In short, to me, there is only one WDW picture that is a bad picture. That is the picture that you are not proud of, the picture you do not post. Be proud of every picture that you post here. Just because you don't think it measures up to others' pictures doesn't mean that's how others view it. There is magic in each and every one of these pictures--the best way to release that magic for others is to share the pictures.

Nicole220

Court of Angels in New Orleans Square
100_7262.jpg

nibblesandbits

There have been some recent concerns that the "average" poster is now reluctant to post their pictures because they feel their pictures don't measure up to some others' pictures. I understand this concern, but I would like to reiterate why so many of us like to visit this thread: the diverse perspectives from which so many pictures are taken and our love for seeing all things Disney, no matter what the technical characteristics of the picture. I know I have "stolen" ideas from just about every regular poster here, and the ideas each person brings to the table are wholly unique from those ideas that others bring. To me and others, this really makes for an enjoyable thread. As for the second part, the love for Disney, I think we all know what I mean...

To illustrate the perspectives: I don't have children, so my best opportunity to see the enjoyment you all have with your children at WDW is to look at the pictures here. It provides vicarious enjoyment, just as I'm sure the empty park pictures I take in the wee hours of the night provide vicarious enjoyment to the folks with kids who never see the parks like that because they have to leave far earlier to put the kids to bed.

The technical quality the photos here is not even a consideration for so many of us who enjoy these pictures. This is not a contest, and although some of the pictures here can be intimidating, they should not prevent anyone from posting their pictures. I may not be as good as Randy Moss at catching a football, but that definitely isn't going to stop me from playing. This is because I have fun playing football, and I know that every once in a while, I will make an outstanding play. Same things goes for photography--do it and share it if it's fun for you. Measuring yourself against others may be helpful to grow an ability, but it should never be something that decreases your confidence.

In short, to me, there is only one WDW picture that is a bad picture. That is the picture that you are not proud of, the picture you do not post. Be proud of every picture that you post here. Just because you don't think it measures up to others' pictures doesn't mean that's how others view it. There is magic in each and every one of these pictures--the best way to release that magic for others is to share the pictures.
Bravo!!! :sohappy:

I know I'm not the most skilled with my pics...although at times, I can manage to get one I really love...but I mix all those great pics in with my average ones just so I can share my pics. I know how much fun it is to see everyone's and want to include my own so that others can see my vacations through my eyes...that's what makes this thread so fun.

Edit: (BTW...cheap shameless plug...the same goes for the photo contests...even though it is a contest...it is for all to enjoy and see how people interpret the theme...not just the really good photograhers...so don't be afraid to enter over there too...now back to regularly scheduled programming...:) )

KeeKee

Excellent, Figgy! Would you mind posting this every few pages? I've said this before and so have others, but it's good to remind folks that we learn from each other. If you see something that you haven't tried yet, it may just motivate you to give it a try.

Many times someone else's unique perspective has spawned an idea for me to take another look at something that I hadn't before.

Please, please don't be intimidated by any of the photos posted in this thread. We are all at different places on our photographic journey, and we all started somewhere, too. So, don't deprive the rest of the folks because you might be at a different skill level.

If you study photography you'll find out that technical perfection does not always make the best photograph. Some of the early photographers had really primitive equipment, but it was how they "saw" the world that made their photographs the gems that they turned out to be. Unless you are shooting for a magazine or shooting professionally, there is no need to worry about being absolutely perfect. Even the pros know that the subject and composition of a photograph can overcome the less than stellar elements of some pictures.

Please keep taking pictures and please, please keep posting!

RAXIP

With all the discussion about the old WDW logo I though I’d post another pic from my first trip in WDW in 1988.

Kath-n-me

Always a pleasure to stop in & take a look at everybodys photos in this forum. I really enjoy seeing all of the different styles & the different points of perspective that you all have on a similar subjects. This is by far my favorite forum. Everybody keep up the great work!

Azerin

That does pose a good pt/question. The moving mouth and blinking eyes make them seem more lifelike in person however is that worth the cost for how many pictures are ruined with eyes closed.

I have an uncountable number of pictures where Donald or Mickey look drunk :p

Gorjus

However, I cannot locate those pictures, or 22 other pictures that I took before and after those pictures. I am hoping the memory card wasn’t in some way corrupted by the rain, but it’s odd that those pictures are missing, as every other picture from that night transferred successfully. I am trying to run some recovery programs on the card, but so far, no success.

As for the Celebrate the Season shot, I do have a couple of that scene. Unfortunately, I wasn’t expecting the characters to rush out so suddenly, so I didn’t have a chance to change my camera settings. I still got a couple of shots, but they are far from good.

I really wish you wouldn’t have made the comment about Sarah being friends with any characters.

I'm sorry about your memory card issues. That is one of the reasons I always tell people to use photopass. Even if you never buy them, they are there if something happens to your memory card. Now obviously the photos you took weren't photopass type photos, but in the past I've seen you use both photopass and your camera at the same time.

Don't forget to follow your own advice about photos that are far from good. They don't have to be perfect. All I'm looking for is a shot of Dale.

I didn't mean to cause issues in your relationship. But if it is Sarah's dream, why not pursue it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom