Did I Really Just See That.....in Disney World?????

tirian

What if you dress your cute, adorable child in an expensive princess dress in lieu of getting some other souvenirs...what does that make her?

If she's well behaved, it makes her a princess. :D :king:

If she's so "cute" that her parents never correct her and allow her to be a holy terror, she's a brat.

:p

tirian

My personal worst thing:

A very large—very large—woman walking around only in a bra and short shorts because she was sweating too much.

My eyes! :eek:

WildLodgeFan

Funny that you posted this today as i just had a similar experience. I'm curious to hear what the parents on the board think about this.

I was just in a mall when a little boy came up to me and said "Can you help me find my Mom?" he was 5 years old (I asked) and his little brother was 2. I asked if his mom was in the mall and he said yes. Then I asked where he last saw her and he said the car :confused:

I asked if he meant the car out in the parking lot and he said yes, then he told me this story...

"Mom said she had to pick up some stuff and told us to stay in the car but it got hot so I tried to press the window button and it wouldn't work but then the horn started going off and it wouldn't stop and we were scared so i got him (the little brother) out of his seat and we came in the mall to find Mom."

I went to customer service and found a security guard and we all went outside to the car while customer service paged the mother. She came out to the car and yelled at the kids for leaving the car and wanted to know what they did to set the alarm off. Then she told them to get in the car and asked us (security and myself) if they were any trouble. We said no.

She didn't thank us (which may have been due to shock at finding her children not in the car) but I would have liked a thank you.

Also FYI from the time I started talking to the kids until their mother came approx 45 minutes had passed and the temperature today got up to 28C which is about 83F

This shocked me and I asked security if he was going to call the police. He said he had the plate number and would make a report but that nothing would probably happen. So, parents...am I overreacting at wanting the police to be called :shrug:

(yes I realize this has gotten way off topic but since we've been going off on various tangents on this thread anyway I thought I could get some opinions)

Actually in the State of Missouri, it's against the law to leave children in the car. This law came into effect by the death of a child who was left in the car on a hot day, so I don't think you are overacting, but that's my opinion. I think I have heard New Jersey has this law as well, does anybody know if there are other states that do?

WildLodgeFan

How is this. Once on the boat ride back from DHS my wife, sister in-law, brother in-law and I saw some one pull a half eaten turkey leg out of a back pack. It was only partially wrapped in a napkin and looked less than fresh. He then proceded to eat it. It kind of reminded me of the scene from the movie trading places, where Dan Aykroyd is eating the meat he stuffed in his santa suit. Looking back it was not that bad. At the time, it was kind of gross to watch.

Considering the heat in FL, I would imagine it would not be too fresh. :hurl:

WildLodgeFan

I have another one that isn't so bad but still funny. I saw a mom with two teenagers (boy and girl) in line up for Mickey's Philharmagic. The mother was complaining about EVERYTHING...the heat, the line, the food they ate earlier, the fact that they were going to watch a movie which wasn't a real ride anyway.

Finally the son said, "You know what, Mom, Grammy said if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all so KEEP QUIET!"

Then the daughter said, "Well I was hoping she would give me away at my wedding"

The boy said "You don't even have a boyfriend"

and the daughter replied, "By the time Mom thinks of something nice to say I'll probably be engaged" :ROFLOL:

I thought the kids were hilarious...the mother sulked for the rest of the queue but at least she stopped complaining

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Sounds like something my teenage daughter would think up to say. I'm afraid she picked up my smart aleck attitude, but thankfully she knows when it's appropriate to use it.

WildLodgeFan

I think the worst thing i have seen at wdw was whilst i was working as a CM, towards the end of my time on the International College Program. I was approched by a guest as a man sat near her at Fantasmic was playing with himself and the worst thing was he was sat with his kids. I was so sicken by it i had to allow my manager/ security deal with it! It was disgusting and my DF ending comforting me for the rest of the night after work.

Very Disturbing!

I also have been shocked by how thick people can be, i was asked several times whilst working at WDW where in the USA is England? Duh, its NOT!!! lol

This doesn't bode well for our educational system!

WildLodgeFan

My personal worst thing:

A very large—very large—woman walking around only in a bra and short shorts because she was sweating too much.

My eyes! :eek:

YIKES! Being a large woman myself, I'm really self concious about how I dress because I see this way too often. That's apparently why there are fupa hunters, which btw, disturbs me - do this people not have better things to do with their time other than taking photos of overweight people, who generally already have a low self esteem?

KingStefan

Actually in the State of Missouri, it's against the law to leave children in the car. This law came into effect by the death of a child who was left in the car on a hot day, so I don't think you are overacting, but that's my opinion. I think I have heard New Jersey has this law as well, does anybody know if there are other states that do?

OK, there was a big, long OT discussion on this way back in this thread. Can we please stay off corporal punishment, breastfeeding, and kids left in cars, as important and interesting as these topics may be to some, and stay on the "I can't believe I just saw that in WDW" track. Thank you.

Eyorefan

Funny that you posted this today as i just had a similar experience. I'm curious to hear what the parents on the board think about this.

I was just in a mall when a little boy came up to me and said "Can you help me find my Mom?" he was 5 years old (I asked) and his little brother was 2. I asked if his mom was in the mall and he said yes. Then I asked where he last saw her and he said the car :confused:

I asked if he meant the car out in the parking lot and he said yes, then he told me this story...

"Mom said she had to pick up some stuff and told us to stay in the car but it got hot so I tried to press the window button and it wouldn't work but then the horn started going off and it wouldn't stop and we were scared so i got him (the little brother) out of his seat and we came in the mall to find Mom."

I went to customer service and found a security guard and we all went outside to the car while customer service paged the mother. She came out to the car and yelled at the kids for leaving the car and wanted to know what they did to set the alarm off. Then she told them to get in the car and asked us (security and myself) if they were any trouble. We said no.

She didn't thank us (which may have been due to shock at finding her children not in the car) but I would have liked a thank you.

Also FYI from the time I started talking to the kids until their mother came approx 45 minutes had passed and the temperature today got up to 28C which is about 83F

This shocked me and I asked security if he was going to call the police. He said he had the plate number and would make a report but that nothing would probably happen. So, parents...am I overreacting at wanting the police to be called :shrug:

(yes I realize this has gotten way off topic but since we've been going off on various tangents on this thread anyway I thought I could get some opinions)

I would have called the police myself after finding out the kids had been left in the car. The mom was lucky the 5 year old was old enough to get out of the car and take the 2 year old with him. They could have died. In Texas she could have been arrested.

belle15

We were eating at Crystal Palace, when we saw a family with about 15 people gathered for the Grandfather's birthday. He had a shirt on that said, in huge letters, "The Old Fart". And everyone else had shirts on that said how they were related to "The Old Fart", such as "The Old Fart's Daughter", "The Old Fart's Grandson", and even "The Old Fart's Adopted Granddaughter"! Not as funny when I put it into words, so I guess you just had to be there.

WildLodgeFan

OK, there was a big, long OT discussion on this way back in this thread. Can we please stay off corporal punishment, breastfeeding, and kids left in cars, as important and interesting as these topics may be to some, and stay on the "I can't believe I just saw that in WDW" track. Thank you.

My apologies! I have been properly chastised.

dpunky

I was in Typhoon Lagoon a couple years ago and saw a woman walk around wearing a red thong bikini. I had to take a double take because I thought I was seeing things since it was so hot outside. But my eyes were not deceiving me. True Story.

Crazy4WDW1

One of the most unusual outfits I've seen worn in WDW was a young woman in thigh-high shiny pleather boots with spiked heels. A little to S&M for WDW I thought.

TigerLily_CM

Another war story from the Canadian pavilion. I once had a family checking out souvenirs on our outdoor cart. We had some plush Plutos with a Canadian flag shirt on....I don't know how we got Pluto as our mascot...most of us wanted Winnie-the-Pooh because the UK has lots of characters to choose from....but I like Pluto so I thought it was OK

A few people would notice that Pluto was dressed with a Canadian flag but this one family was TICKED!!! The father was the problem yelling at me and shaking Pluto in my face and saying that we can't take an American icon and dress it up like a traitor (since when are Canadians traitors to the US) :shrug: Then he said that if he had a gun he would "execute" Pluto to put him out of his misery.

Luckily I'm not easily shaken, even with someone so unreasonable so I went over to our toy gun rack and grabbed the little tiny silver Derringer, handed it to the man, took Pluto, pulled his little t-shirt over his eyes like a blindfold and set him with his back to the man on the edge of the cart.

The man declined to "execute" Pluto and tossed the gun to the ground and stormed off

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom