Did I Really Just See That.....in Disney World?????

piratetreasure

Here's another Prime Time funny:

We checked in for our ADR and were told it'd be a few minutes and for us to 'go into the living room and put up our feet while waiting.' Well, our teen-age son proceeds to sit on the sofa and prop his feet on the coffee table. A "mom" appears to call diners to their table and see his feet up (as he was told to do upon check-in). She admonishes him loudly [of course] and orders him go around the room and "tidy up" the area. She told him that she'd be back to check and so he's better do a good job.

My son is good natured and played along. As the living room is also the bar area, there were a couple of glasses on side tables, so he took them to the bar. The same "mom" did in fact return to check and told him he had done a good job and was now off the hook. It was a good time that we still talk (and laugh) about.
That's what I love about The 50's Prime Cafe. The Cast Members are always acting like 50's parents.

jcc0621

In '97 when I took my now hubby to WDW for his first trip. One night we were in the magic kingdom when there was a torrential downpour. We put on our poncho's and tried to keep going but it was just no good. We decided to go into the store in Toontown (Where the character meets are) and decided to try and wait it out. as we are walking around browsing we stopped to look at something when we both saw the same thing at the same time. A girl about 18-19 years old, wearing over all's, soaking wet. She bought a new shirt...dropped the over alls, took the wet shirt off, and put the new shirt on...both DH and I were:eek:

RiversideBunny

I was doing my thing in the Mens Bathroom by The UK pavillion when suddenly a Woman came running in and proceeded to vomit in the urinal right next to me.

Was she hot?

Maybe she was just trying to get your attention.
Women find ways to flirt with you when they want to.

:rolleyes:

kaylasmom

Fact: Corporal punishment in Florida is LEGAL. See Chapter 39 of Florida State Statutes if you doubt this is so. I know, because I used to work for DCF as a CHILD PROTECTIVE INVESTIGATOR. Hitting your child with a belt is absolutely NOT child abuse, it is a form of corporal punishment. If you choose not to use it, that is your business. But that mother's choice to use it is only an assault if you think it is, not according to Florida Law.

Having said that... if you hit the child so hard or so repeatedly that the child obtains injuries, such as bruising or swelling, then you have an abusive situation, not a corrective one.

It never ceases to amaze me how people think that their method of disciplining their child should work for everyone else. You raise your children your way and let other people raise theirs!

Personally, I would never spank my child with a belt, certainly not in public. But I do believe in corporal punishment and that is my right as a parent. And I too would have told that man to mind his own business, because how I choose to discipline my child is my business, not yours!

And just because the chain wasn't bothering you is not the issue. If the mother told the child to stop and he did not, then OH MY GOD, here's a mother that actually tried to make her child behave!!! The horror! How dare that mother just ignore the fact that her child is defying her!! I might have spanked the child with my hand, and trust me, when I was done, I would have spanked the other child for laughing at her brother! Then they both would have gone back to the hotel/home for misbehaving at the park. I would think much less of this mother if she had kept telling this child repeatedly to stop doing something and yet never made him stop it.

You can't win.... how many posts have been about people not making their children behave? Now we have a mother who was trying to make her child behave and she gets ridiculed because the OP doesn't approve of her disciplinary techniques? Six of one, half dozen of the other...

Kudos to all parents who make their children behave.. in whatever fashion that works best for them!

Vernonpush

Fact: Corporal punishment in Florida is LEGAL. See Chapter 39 of Florida State Statutes if you doubt this is so. I know, because I used to work for DCF as a CHILD PROTECTIVE INVESTIGATOR. Hitting your child with a belt is absolutely NOT child abuse, it is a form of corporal punishment. If you choose not to use it, that is your business. But that mother's choice to use it is only an assault if you think it is, not according to Florida Law.

Having said that... if you hit the child so hard or so repeatedly that the child obtains injuries, such as bruising or swelling, then you have an abusive situation, not a corrective one.

It never ceases to amaze me how people think that their method of disciplining their child should work for everyone else. You raise your children your way and let other people raise theirs!

Personally, I would never spank my child with a belt, certainly not in public. But I do believe in corporal punishment and that is my right as a parent. And I too would have told that man to mind his own business, because how I choose to discipline my child is my business, not yours!

And just because the chain wasn't bothering you is not the issue. If the mother told the child to stop and he did not, then OH MY GOD, here's a mother that actually tried to make her child behave!!! The horror! How dare that mother just ignore the fact that her child is defying her!! I might have spanked the child with my hand, and trust me, when I was done, I would have spanked the other child for laughing at her brother! Then they both would have gone back to the hotel/home for misbehaving at the park. I would think much less of this mother if she had kept telling this child repeatedly to stop doing something and yet never made him stop it.

You can't win.... how many posts have been about people not making their children behave? Now we have a mother who was trying to make her child behave and she gets ridiculed because the OP doesn't approve of her disciplinary techniques? Six of one, half dozen of the other...

Kudos to all parents who make their children behave.. in whatever fashion that works best for them!

Well said!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

unclemike

Another Prime Time Story

My wife and I went to the Prime Time cafe with my parents, my dad doesn't ever have a good time or get into the mood of Disney, anyway the waitress(mom) came to the table and asked if he had washed his hands before he sat down, he said yes in his grumpy tone. Well then, what color was the soap she(mom) asked, he was so embarrassed and had to go wash his hands.

Later in the meal he saw other tables that were getting punished for not clearing their plates, so he started getting all nervous when he saw my wife's plate only half eaten, my wife is small, so there is no way she would finish..... He began to get all huffy and nervous and was looking at me to finish her meal so the waitress won't make a scene. Not going to happen. Well the waitress came and made a scene. And my dad was embarrassed and then angry at us for not finishing the food. He stayed like that most of the day.

I would take him there again just to see him cringe....:ROFLOL:

LoriMistress

DH and I saw tons of people who shouldn't have worn certain outfits. People who wear certain clothing thinking that it's comfortable or looks good on them does the EXACT OPPOSITE and just shows off the rolls of their fat (upper and lower body). When did back-fat, fupas, and muffin tops ever become sexy?:shrug:

kstella

Somebody should have reported him immediately. Public defecation is a crime in many states(not sure about Florida:shrug:). While the child could not be prosecuted, I feel certain that the dad could be charged with something.

I'm wondering how he got it throug bag check. Don't you think the bag checker would have asked what they were doing with a potty chair? :confused:

sbkline

Amen to that! :sohappy:

I am a firm believer in corporal punishment. And when I was a child, one of the dreaded sights was seeing Dad get out of his chair and undo his belt...because I knew he wasn't getting ready to go to the restroom! :lol:

On a sidenote, though, while I'm certainly glad to hear that corporal punishment (even with a belt) is legal under Florida law and not considered child abuse, ultimately, that's irrelevant. I believe in giving a good old fashioned whippin' when necessary, and I don't give a flying fig what the law says about it. I'm really not sure if it is legal under Illinois law, but it's irrelevant, because I'm gonna discipline my child as I see fit. That's my business and not the government's.

sbkline

Somebody should have reported him immediately. Public defecation is a crime in many states(not sure about Florida:shrug:). While the child could not be prosecuted, I feel certain that the dad could be charged with something.

While I'm not saying that this is the way I would deal with my child's urgent potty needs, this really doesn't seem like the horrible thing that you make it out to be. If I had seen that, I probably wouldn't have thought too much of it, to be honest.

And I think the laws against public defication are more intended towards responsible adults deliberately acting like jackasses, and not to parents making a quick judgement call when nature suddenly calls on their kids. Just as there is a difference between a woman whipping out her to flash around vs whipping it out in public to feed her child. That's why we need to use a little common sense in knowing when a law applies and when it doesn't, rather than being so black and white that we leave no room for any common sense.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
While I'm not saying that this is the way I would deal with my child's urgent potty needs, this really doesn't seem like the horrible thing that you make it out to be. If I had seen that, I probably wouldn't have thought too much of it, to be honest.

And I think the laws against public defication are more intended towards responsible adults deliberately acting like jackasses, and not to parents making a quick judgement call when nature suddenly calls on their kids. Just as there is a difference between a woman whipping out her to flash around vs whipping it out in public to feed her child. That's why we need to use a little common sense in knowing when a law applies and when it doesn't, rather than being so black and white that we leave no room for any common sense.

I'm sorry, but I find no common sense in taking a potty chair to WDW so your child can take a dump behind a trash can. It's disgusting and unsanitary and most laws of this nature are based on that fact.

sbkline

I'm sorry, but I find no common sense in taking a potty chair to WDW so your child can take a dump behind a trash can. It's disgusting and unsanitary and most laws of this nature are based on that fact.

I wonder how many people who feel as stronly as you do about this, see no problem with swimming in the ocean. Have you ever stopped to think about the millions of sea creatures swimming around excreting all day long, and what you may be swimming in? :lol:

Again, I'm not saying that hers was the best approach. But as one who will soon begin pottytraining my child, I'm sure that I will have my share of times when I have to make an emergency decision like that. As humans, we don't always make the best judgement calls in situations like that. When you're in public and your child has to take a dump, he doesn't have the advantage that adults have of being able to patiently hold it until he gets to the next restroom. Sometimes parents have to make a choice between the lesser of two evils: let the child soil his trousers, or just go to the nearest discreet spot and take care of it. I'm glad that our law enforcement structure isn't so rigid and black and white as people like you would have it to be, or else there would be alot of good, well intentioned people sitting in jail just for trying to do what they need to do in an emergency.

Again, common sense would be to be able to see the difference between a punk teenager trying to be cute and a toddler who just has to go to the bathroom. In the former case, you have some idiot doing something just to draw attention or make a statement, and who is in total control of his bowels and has no reason to do something like that. In the latter case, you just have a child who has to go to the bathroom NOW and can't wait to find the next restroom, and the parent just trying to tend to the need of the child. Common sense, and basic compassion and understanding would dictate that you cut people a little slack in those cases.

unkadug

He had enough time to dig out the potty chair, find a spot and set it up. But he didn't have enough time to get to the restroom? PLEASE.

What ever happened to diapers?

unkadug

Oh...and talk about your unfair comparisons. Swimming in the ocean and taking a crap at WDW are two TOTALLY different things.

MAGICFLOP

I'll share my story. My DW and I were walking in Epcot heading toward the Land Pavillion. A very hefty gentleman was walking toward us. As he approaches, he uses his finger to hold one of his nostrils closed and proceeds to blow a meteorite-sized chunck of booger out of his other nostril.

I was so shocked that before I could stop myself, I let out a big "Ewwwwwwwww". Well, he looked right at me and wiped his hand across his nose and wiped it on his pants and kept on walking.

My wife and I looked at each other and just started laughing. Now, everytime we walk in that general area, we shout "incoming!" at one another.

You left out the scariest part !!!

Some unsuspecting Disney guest had to step in it and probably took remnants home stuck to the bottom of there feet, of which has found a new home on their carpet...:hurl:

Think about your trip to WDW the next time you lay on your carpet and watch TV...:lol:

bogey33

clarify the potty in backpack post

Let me just clarify what exactly happpened in my post a while back. I see some of you are getting defensive over some senseless parents. The parents with the potty in the gignatic backpack were in no extreme hurry or emergency for the child. They were directly in front of the restrooms. They could have taken that disgusting potty out and easily walked into the private restroom to use it. I felt it a bit extreme to let the boy go in the potty outside in front of everyone. By the way it was only #1 not #2, thank goodness

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom