Weird girl wearing stockings

figmentmom

Two summer ago, we saw a bride in a beautiful wedding gown and a groom in full tuxedo, waiting to board the shuttle in the parking lot at the Magic Kingdom!! They had just been married several days earlier, and decided to wear the clothes to the park (rental tux and all). Oh, and it was about 97 degrees that day. :eek:

DisneyChik17

Two summer ago, we saw a bride in a beautiful wedding gown and a groom in full tuxedo, waiting to board the shuttle in the parking lot at the Magic Kingdom!! They had just been married several days earlier, and decided to wear the clothes to the park (rental tux and all). Oh, and it was about 97 degrees that day. :eek:

Attention seekers. I can see if you were married in the park and were leaving after the wedding, but just a random day of the honeymoon? No sir. Buy some B&G ears, you will still get attention, but in a positive way.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
This is one of my favorites from a past trip:

bootsxc7.jpg

That's TOO funny! :ROFLOL:

Mansion Butler

Hey guys, at christmas time when walking through the studios I spotted a young lady wearing a very short mini skirt and black stockings and suspenders :eek:

Now in the right environment, a very nice outfit. But in a Disney theme park, not really the most appropriate of outfits? Unfortunately before all my fellow 'gentlemen' enquire, no I didn't get a photograph. I just wondered if any others saw this girl, or have stories of other strange clothing?

Just to give you an idea, the wind didn't blow her skirt up. The tops of her stockings were about two inches below the skirt! Also can Disney refuse entry to people if they deem their dress sense too risque?

Tube tops and bikini tops are not allowed, but only a female cast member can tell a girl to fix it. Same for similar taste in bottoms, though I fail to understand the problem with what you're describing.

Male cast members get to tell guys to put their shirts back on. I've only had to do that a couple times, and it's usually arguing with some kid who went on Splash Mountain.

mrtoad

I am Irish and my grandmother grew up in Ireland, my mother born there and moved over as a baby and I know what you are talking about. There was nothing wrong with wanting to take back Northern Ireland but terrorist acts are not what it should have been about.

Back in the 60s or 70s my grandmother went back to visit family in Ireland and were in the area of Northern Ireland and were stopped by men in ski masks with guns and asked one question. "Catholic or Protestant"? Should not be that way.

Also growing up my neighbors were very Irish and their daughter use to wear a jacket with IRA on the arm and I don't think she ever knew what it meant. To her it was pro Irish but it was really pro war.

Back the discussion about what people wear in the parks. As long as it is not offensive, it is OK. I have seen some borderline stuff, but legal so there is nothing you can really do. I might not want my daughter seeing it but there is not much you can do.

A few years back when I was in the Magic Kingdom I saw a man wearing a Celtic Football Club shirt with "IRA" printed on the back. :mad:

For those who don't already know the IRA was an Irish catholic terrorist organisation who used to plant bombs (amongst other acts) in northern Ireland and also in mainland England. As they'd detonated one in my home city of Manchester a few years previous to that I was not amused to say the least!

And please don't think that most Irish or catholic people support that, they don't and I'm not for one second implying anything of the sort.

Infact my lovely wife is catholic with Irish grandparents so please nobody have a go at me :brick:

It's things like that I think should be banned, the stockings and suspenders I quite enjoyed :D , just thought rather strange for a theme park.

mrtoad

Yes, I can look the other way, but I do have a problem with people showing their "business" where my children can see it.

I totally agree. We were in Fantasyland once and the girl in front of my daughter was wearing a g string and her pants were riding low. Perfect face height for my daughter. Not what you should be wearing to WDW.

phichi17

I totally agree. We were in Fantasyland once and the girl in front of my daughter was wearing a g string and her pants were riding low. Perfect face height for my daughter. Not what you should be wearing to WDW.
IMHO there should be a dress code for things like this at WDW. I know that I would not want my children exposed to this kind of thing, particularly in WDW. I know WDW does have a loose policy, but I don't think it covers this kind of nonsense.

tigsmom

Except that that style of underwear is what is in right now, so most teens/young women will want to wear them. Having the pants ride low just imitates the latest pop tarts on the scene (but I haven't seen that too much lately). We only have control over ourselves (and our young kids, to a point) so just keep instilling the virtues you think are right. And then try to distract your little one. :lol:

mrtoad

Except that that style of underwear is what is in right now, so most teens/young women will want to wear them. Having the pants ride low just imitates the latest pop tarts on the scene (but I haven't seen that too much lately). We only have control over ourselves (and our young kids, to a point) so just keep instilling the virtues you think are right. And then try to distract your little one. :lol:

While, I understand that in this case there was a little crack in the foundation showing which is a step to far. It is one thing if they want to wear them and even have it stick out, but the pants were too low and showed too much.

But yes, distraction for my daughter was in order but not too easy as it is not like somebody just walking past as you are stuck in line for 20+ minutes.

bigorangeandy

My opinion has always been wear what makes you comfortable. That doesn't mean no rules, but if you are comfortable in cowboy boots and shorts, well you’re wearing them and having to walk in them, so enjoy. The vast majority of visitors I've seen dress ok, a few that you see from time to time that are on the edge (or over it), of inappropriate dress.

figmentmom

Attention seekers. I can see if you were married in the park and were leaving after the wedding, but just a random day of the honeymoon? No sir. Buy some B&G ears, you will still get attention, but in a positive way.

Oh, I know, that's why it was so strange! They weren't on their way to the Wedding Chapel, either!

maelstrom

I know, but I still don't see why it is not hard to acclimate for a week or so. Leave the mini skirts at home and wear some gym shorts. I just don't understand some cultures at all I guess. LOL!

GYM SHORTS? So now we all have to dress like slobs at the parks? If you don't want to dress up at the parks, that's fine. But don't tell other people that they should be wearing gym shorts just because you think that mini skirts are inappropriate (and most girls will wear underwear with them).

Sometimes I wear cotton cheerleading shorts and a tank top and don't do my make-up. Sometimes I wear a nice skirt and blouse and do my hair and make-up nice. Nobody else should really be worrying about how I'm dressed. I don't dress inappropriately (no panties, panties hanging out of pants, bikini tops, etc), but if I wanted to dress up in high heels and a fur coat at WDW, that really shouldn't bother anyone.

palmage

I've seen lots of wild outfits at WDW. For example, we went during the first week of June last year and I had to explain to my kids why there were so many men wearing silver cocktail dresses and high heels with tierras on their heads. There were several guys with studded collars and leashes there also. I was shocked and my 20 year old got a kick out of my reaction. I guess it's just a different generation.

I hope they at least shaved their legs.
Noting worse than hairy legs in pumps.:lol:

I was at Disney one particular first week in june.
Nobody told me that wearing a red shirt that week meant something.
I found out quickly what it meant and went back and changed.

jmicro59

I was at Disney one particular first week in june.
Nobody told me that wearing a red shirt that week meant something.
I found out quickly what it meant and went back and changed.

Yeah (Star Trek humor ON) doesn't a guy in the red shirt mean when you Spock, McCoy and Kirk beam down, you're the one who gets blasted by the Alien on the planet you just beamed down to? (Star Trek Humor OFF) :lol:

jesserin

Ok... am I the only one who's ever worn heels in the parks around here? Seriously?!

I wore them with my jeans several times on our last trip - they're just as comfy as my flip flops -but in the evening's I hate being a bum... maybe thats just me. :shrug:

DH and I always dress nice for dinner in the parks... he throws on a polo and I usually just threw on heels. Makes us feel like we're going "out" (yeah yeah... a little excitement for the parents of a toddler. ;) Doesn't take much to make us feel like we have a "date") :lol:

:lol: Just realized how much of a dork I am. :lol:

Aurora_25

Actually they were probably getting the Wedding Photos done at MK- I had some friends do that, but right after they were told that they had to go back to their room and change because she couldn't be in her gown all day since she might be confused for a princess or something...LOL Or if they were really just wearing them in the park all day- I can't see Disney letting them in as they told my friend that she couldn't wear her gown (not that she wanted to....)
So, that I can see because I know people who have done that mainly for the photo shoot after their wedding, but some of those outfits people wear are just wild....

Gorjus

Tube tops and bikini tops are not allowed, ...

It turns out they are allowed. I've seen both, gone up to Guest Services or the Dream Team about the issue and have been informed that bikini tops are allowed.

My opinion has always been wear what makes you comfortable.

Just went to Pleasure Island this weekend and while my friends dressed in a way to attract men, I dressed for the fact that it was raining and cold. So a lot of you may have made fun of me because I wasn't dressed for clubs.

Oh, I know, that's why it was so strange! They weren't on their way to the Wedding Chapel, either!

I've heard of many couples who wore their wedding outfits to the parks so they could have a lot of photos taken in the parks in their attire. They couldn't afford to rent out the parks privately.

There are pleanty of ways to look good with out looking like you are trying too hard. I think that real beauty is found in simplicity, not tackiness and gaudiness. When I go to the parks, I wear my hair down and straightened with light make-up. I looks good in all the pictures where I did that (not being conceited, I swear). If I ever see anyone like that on vacation, I would laugh. Laugh at them, how they look, and the fact that they think that is suitable for the parks on a day to day basis.

Wow! While you are laughing at people for dressing up in a park, they are laughing at you for not caring enough about yourself to take care of your appearance.

WOW! I know that S. America is alot less modest, but really now. ..... but when you go somewhere you should acclimate yourself as much as possible. It's only a week or so, they can dress appropriatley (sp?).

By the same argument, when you go to a country that enjoys topless beaches and a less buttoned up fashion, you should loosen up and not annoy the natives by wearing too much clothes.

Please note, that for the most part I am playing devil's advocate here. I don't think you need to be fancy in the parks, unless going to a restaurant. I don't think you need to be a slob either. And when going to a foreign place, go with the customs that are most modest. For example, when you go to the Vatican, women must be in skirts and have their shoulders covered. The same people who are upset about the pantiless teens in a bikini top and short skirt might think it silly that they have to wear a skirt and sleeves in 90 degree weather in Italy. Follow the modesty.

Anecdote: While working in Honey I shrunk the Kids Playground, a young male cast member approached me and pointed out a women with her thong hanging out of her pants. He asked what he should do. I told him I would take care of it and asked the woman to pull up her pants please. She graciously did and all was well. I felt for the poor CM who was trying his best to figure out how to be diplomatic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom