Weird girl wearing stockings

bluefaery

You have to agree though that what you wear to a theme park is not the same as what you wear to the theater or a wedding.

That is entirely not true. I've seen people in pretty much the outfit that I have described in my last post (black trench coat, black t-shirt, black boots and black jeans) at a wedding and a theater (I mean a play and not a movie).

tigsmom

That is entirely not true. I've seen people in pretty much the outfit that I have described in my last post (black trench coat, black t-shirt, black boots and black jeans) at a wedding and a theater (I mean a play and not a movie).

I guess we don't travel in the same circles then. :lol:

(guess its a generational thing :lookaroun )

hooters dude

Banned
Original Poster
A few years back when I was in the Magic Kingdom I saw a man wearing a Celtic Football Club shirt with "IRA" printed on the back. :mad:

For those who don't already know the IRA was an Irish catholic terrorist organisation who used to plant bombs (amongst other acts) in northern Ireland and also in mainland England. As they'd detonated one in my home city of Manchester a few years previous to that I was not amused to say the least!

And please don't think that most Irish or catholic people support that, they don't and I'm not for one second implying anything of the sort.

Infact my lovely wife is catholic with Irish grandparents so please nobody have a go at me :brick:

It's things like that I think should be banned, the stockings and suspenders I quite enjoyed :D , just thought rather strange for a theme park.

fizzle75

There's lots of folks out there that LIVE to be shocking and get people's attention,IMHO that's what this all boils down to. It's pretty much generally agreed that wearing next to nothing in a Family Oriented theme park is not appropriate. I personally am more concerned with the fact that Donald walks around without any pants!:eek: :D

smk

There's lots of folks out there that LIVE to be shocking and get people's attention,IMHO that's what this all boils down to. It's pretty much generally agreed that wearing next to nothing in a Family Oriented theme park is not appropriate. I personally am more concerned with the fact that Donald walks around without any pants!:eek: :D
I agree, not much "shocks" me anymore, well...the Donald thing does!:)

Kriston

Hey guys, at christmas time when walking through the studios I spotted a young lady wearing a very short mini skirt and black stockings and suspenders :eek:

Now in the right environment, a very nice outfit. But in a Disney theme park, not really the most appropriate of outfits? Unfortunately before all my fellow 'gentlemen' enquire, no I didn't get a photograph. I just wondered if any others saw this girl, or have stories of other strange clothing?

Just to give you an idea, the wind didn't blow her skirt up. The tops of her stockings were about two inches below the skirt! Also can Disney refuse entry to people if they deem their dress sense too risque?

I've seen lots of wild outfits at WDW. For example, we went during the first week of June last year and I had to explain to my kids why there were so many men wearing silver cocktail dresses and high heels with tierras on their heads. There were several guys with studded collars and leashes there also. I was shocked and my 20 year old got a kick out of my reaction. I guess it's just a different generation.

njblackberry

Visit Disneyland Paris Resort

Lots and lots of little black dresses and high heels. Of course, that is not unusual for French Women to wear, and I certainly appreciated it, but it is not the usual slovenly park attire we have become used to at WDW...

Alztybrn

This is one of my favorites from a past trip:

bootsxc7.jpg

disneytati

Once there was a girl at Splash Mountain, and she was all dressed up, complaining about the water ruining her hair and make up. Now that was annoying...

goofntink

Hmm, that's nothing really.... You should see what some of the girls from the.. um "TOUR" groups have on these days!

You are not kidding unfortunately, my wife and I not to long ago were at MGM in the queue for RNR along with a tour group from Brazil. In the group,a couple of the young ladies ,using the term loosely, in short skirts were sitting up on the wall of the planter, legs up, with their feet on the wall, apparently forgeting they forgot to put on their underwear that morning. My wife and I,another lady,and finally a CM informed them of their error, and would you believe they acted like it wasn't big deal!:mad:

angelfaerie52

When I went in November 2006, there was an old woman staying at CS (where I was). She was in a wheel chair and she was pushed around by another older woman, probably her friend. She looked just like Elizabeth Taylor, that black hair, had a fur coat.

We also saw her at MK and the tea at the Grand Floridian. We resaw a lot of people that trip (does this happen to any of you?). It was kind of great and she didn't look uncomfortable. She looked really happy to be there.

DisneyChik17

You are not kidding unfortunately, my wife and I not to long ago were at MGM in the queue for RNR along with a tour group from Brazil. In the group,a couple of the young ladies ,using the term loosely, in short skirts were sitting up on the wall of the planter, legs up, with their feet on the wall, apparently forgeting they forgot to put on their underwear that morning. My wife and I,another lady,and finally a CM informed them of their error, and would you believe they acted like it wasn't big deal!:mad:

WOW! I know that S. America is alot less modest, but really now. That is just nasty. There is no other way to put it, except maybe rude, careless, and offensive. I am all for exploring the world, but when you go somewhere you should acclimate yourself as much as possible. It's only a week or so, they can dress appropriatley (sp?).

tigsmom

WOW! I know that S. America is alot less modest, but really now. That is just nasty. There is no other way to put it, except maybe rude, careless, and offensive. I am all for exploring the world, but when you go somewhere you should acclimate yourself as much as possible. It's only a week or so, they can dress appropriatley (sp?).

The problem is all of these people do feel that they are dressed appropriately.
Different cultures have different standards as do different generations.

I tend to just do what I feel is best for me (and guide my children along those lines) and go about my merry way. Nobody is forcing you to look at me nor me you ( not you specifically), we all have a choice to turn away.

DisneyChik17

I know, but I still don't see why it is not hard to acclimate for a week or so. Leave the mini skirts at home and wear some gym shorts. I just don't understand some cultures at all I guess. LOL!

disneytati

I tend to just do what I feel is best for me (and guide my children along those lines) and go about my merry way. Nobody is forcing you to look at me nor me you ( not you specifically), we all have a choice to turn away.

Well, that's exactly what happens! They really think they are the hottest girls on earth, and they are proud to dress like that. That's why I don't teach teenagers anymore.... They just think that's nice, and they get lots of guys this way down here... That's one of the reasons why my biggest dream is to move away from here with my daughter...

pinkrose

Yes, I can look the other way, but I do have a problem with people showing their "business" where my children can see it.

disneytati

I know, but I still don't see why it is not hard to acclimate for a week or so. Leave the mini skirts at home and wear some gym shorts. I just don't understand some cultures at all I guess. LOL!

I totally agree! When I was a tour guide, the girls in my group were not allowed to do such things. The problem is that there are some people that think they don't have to change their habits just to "please arrogant Americans", which is completely rude and stupid. If you don't like American culture, just don't go to America. That's why I travel to the US by myself and try to hide my nationality. I totally agree with the people that don't want their children to see such things. Living down here, I pay a lot of money on cable TV, so that my daughter can watch the Disney Channel or Discovery Kids, and I don't have to worry about undesired commercials or soap opera scenes. It's really a shame...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom