News Disney plans to accelerate Parks investment to $60 billion over 10 years

Moth

Dont Forget the Mt Fuji Coaster for Japan that was never built, Now if they just get a Star for it that kicked Disneys butt at the box office OH WAIT !!!!!!!
View attachment 771600

I am a full advocate for Godzilla and Doctor Who getting attractions in EPCOT in their respective countries. Both have stateside appeal and a dedicated fanbase built in. It'd be fun!

So that's why Dr. Who will be in Morocco and Godzilla will be in Italy!

James Alucobond

Comms folks will be around shortly to walk this back - it was misspeak.

As for the FL property, expect a cadence of announcements to begin later this year. As mentioned previously, they want visible construction on two projects by next summer.
Why do they even need to bother walking it back? They've opened that many and more in recent years with 2x Galaxy's Edge, Toy Story Land, Avengers Campus, Pandora, World of Frozen, Zootopia, Fantasy Springs, basically the entirety of Shanghai, and countless other land-adjacent things. The problem has been the lack of actual expansion and attention paid to areas that genuinely need help, not that there isn't the ability to build many, many attractions and lands over the course of the next decade.

monothingie

Official Lowerer of $DIS stock price
Premium Member
Comms folks will be around shortly to walk this back - it was misspeak.

As for the FL property, expect a cadence of announcements to begin later this year. As mentioned previously, they want visible construction on two projects by next summer.
Well I’m sure the EPCOT construction zone that has blessed us for almost a decade will be one of them…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
With regards to the "7 lands" comment, I don't think Disney actually has plans for seven specific lands in mind.

I think a lot of people read Iger's words as literal, but in a lot of these panels and shareholder meetings, I actually don't think they are.

Consider all the buzz in 2015, which Iger's words suggested a new name was coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios. That never happened.

Then just last year, Iger "announced" Frozen 3, Toy Story 5, and the Disneyland Avatar experience. None of those things had been publicly shared, and even the company's own producers and screenwriters were surprised.

I think Iger speaks a lot to things that are being discussed internally, but none that are definitive.
Here’s why we shouldn’t take him literally:

He’s lying.

They’re not trying to spend…they’re trying to give out dividends and do stock buybacks to Bribe the stockholders into not removing Iger or any of his puppet board

…sorry if I gave away the ending to the movie 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

monothingie

Premium Member
Counterpoint: They need additional capacity in new attractions built first to ease some of the pressure when taking high profile attractions offline for refurbishment.

In short, they're in a mess. Of their own making.
So when they take out Dinoland for 2-5 years, DAK will be even more worth the $129 starting price for a day ticket.

monothingie

Premium Member
Here’s why we shouldn’t take him literally:

He’s lying.

They’re not trying to spend…they’re trying to give out dividends and do stock buybacks to Bribe the stockholders into removing Iger or any of his puppet board

…sorry if I gave away the ending to the movie 🤷🏻‍♂️
So why is he going through all of this if he’s leaving in a year and a half???
Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Don't think for a second that any of his comments were spontaneous and off the cuff. Everything about this town hall was carefully scripted and planned. Bob's only priority is to thwart Peltz. He'll say and promise anything to accomplish that. (even though Peltz has no shot in hell). This is just more of that strategy.
…how did you get this classified information?

DonniePeverley

Too much nonsense spoken, and not enough action.

Once again will the parks have to suffer because the movie division isn't doing great? We went through that debacle a decade ago when nothing was being built around the Orlando parks, because Disney was releasing huge budget dross flops like John Carter of Mars.

Last edited:

Indy_UK

I can't speak for Disneyland as I haven't been yet (going in August) but they deserve more than a Pandora copy. I still don't think Galaxy's Edge should be there either and they got their own 'land'

DonniePeverley

I can't speak for Disneyland as I haven't been yet (going in August) but they deserve more than a Pandora copy. I still don't think Galaxy's Edge should be there either and they got their own 'land'

Under what criteria do you believe they deserve more? I believe they deserve nothing more than Orlando, which attracts vast more higher spend international travellers, along with the accompanying hotel, food, etc

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Listening to the whole town hall was painful. It’s truly amazing the arrogance and narcissism on display from Bob to claim the “fixing” stage is over and they can start building.

Bob never gave up his office in Burbank. Chapek was never really in charge. He’s the one who broke everything he’s claimed to fix. It’s like the guy hitting you telling you to stop hitting yourself.
and all the talk about what they could do “if they wanted to”….along with ideas they draw out and show us at d23 for 2 years now that don’t really make sense in some ways thematically and won’t commit to it’s getting old

Either run the parks right (the real money making machine for the company) instead of into the ground. The guests can only be half stupid for so long and trends are showing they are getting tired of nickel and diming and more complexity while other things are taken away

But hey, at least we are getting new star tours scenes. Take that epic universe 🤦

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom