News Disney plans to accelerate Parks investment to $60 billion over 10 years

jpinkc

Its all just more Blue Sky, Imagination, to try and get Wall Street on his side. The Barn is burning and the horses are still inside and Iger cant lower his ego, activism or whatever you want to call it to admit he does not have a clue what to do as he has run most of the true creative people out of Disney. His Cult of Yes Men, arent able to create a way to Spin the mess for him.

Brer Panther

Disney CEO Bob Iger says the company could build seven new full lands at its theme parks​

And by "Full lands" does he mean lands that have more than just two attractions?
One at DCA, one at Disneyland, one at DisneySea, one at Animal Kingdom, two at Walt Disney Studios Paris, one at Shanghai?
Plus whatever they decide to do for Beyond Big Thunder.
I don't even really want them to build new lands, unless they mean "lands" like Fantasyland. The single IP stuff is really constraining and significantly limits what attractions they can build even beyond the general IP mandate.
I fully agree.

PREMiERdrum

With regards to the "7 lands" comment, I don't think Disney actually has plans for seven specific lands in mind.
Comms folks will be around shortly to walk this back - it was misspeak.

As for the FL property, expect a cadence of announcements to begin later this year. As mentioned previously, they want visible construction on two projects by next summer.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Listening to the whole town hall was painful. It’s truly amazing the arrogance and narcissism on display from Bob to claim the “fixing” stage is over and they can start building.

Bob never gave up his office in Burbank. Chapek was never really in charge. He’s the one who broke everything he’s claimed to fix. It’s like the guy hitting you telling you to stop hitting yourself.
“…Move to accept by acclimation”

MrPromey

To be fair, you don't want the CEO out there dictating what they're going to do in the parks, especially years in advance. You just want him setting (or, maybe more realistically, signing off on) a budget for the creatives to use and let them to go to work coming up with the best design.

Very true. They gotta save those years in advance announcements for D23 - why give that out for free?!

ChrisKinney357

Its all just more Blue Sky, Imagination, to try and get Wall Street on his side. The Barn is burning and the horses are still inside and Iger cant lower his ego, activism or whatever you want to call it to admit he does not have a clue what to do as he has run most of the true creative people out of Disney. His Cult of Yes Men, arent able to create a way to Spin the mess for him.
They need to fix the rides that CONSTANTLY break down first before they try to build new stuff!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It blows my mind with how they need to spread costs of construction over multiple periods to make the books look good.
The Swiss guard is gonna show up and say “that’s how all corporations do it!”

True…but that doesn’t mean you have to have 5 guys working on it for 8 years while you dilute the debt

We only care about the financing because they stopped getting things done on a reasonable pace…none of us would otherwise…

Jrb1979

The Swiss guard is gonna show up and say “that’s how all corporations do it!”

True…but that doesn’t mean you have to have 5 guys working on it for 8 years while you dilute the debt

We only care about the financing because they stopped getting things done on a reasonable pace…none of us would otherwise…
Universal definitely doesn't do that. If they did Epic Universe wouldn't be finished til 2030 or later.

MrPromey

What we need are construction walls up and cranes on site. There's no reason they couldn't be moving land north of RoA or at the Primeval Whirl site right now if they wanted. That can be done without impacting operations at all.

I_choose_to_believe_what_I_was_programmed_to_believe.gif

Reference

_

MrPromey

Don't think for a second that any of his comments were spontaneous and off the cuff. Everything about this town hall was carefully scripted and planned. Bob's only priority is to thwart Peltz. He'll say and promise anything to accomplish that. (even though Peltz has no shot in hell). This is just more of that strategy.
Of course it wasn't spontaneous - that's how he managed to say all of that without actually uttering one word that would indicate a commitment to doing any of it. It was all very carefully worded.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom