News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Just popping in to let you all know that the renders posted were never meant to be shared, someone went behind my back and posted them. The situation has been dealt with and I'm aware of who was behind it. I ask that anyone who saved them, refrain from sharing. Just keep it to yourself. Some further details about the renders, no they are not adding more characters, other than the King/Queen of Maldonia and Eli La Bouff (aka Big Daddy) and maybe some very static critter figures, they were shoehorned last minute. Those are the only other characters that will be featured in the finale. The renders were being finalized not as a full artistic render like old school models, they are meant for constructive purposes only. They are from April 2023, before they even announced that background characters would be featured like Tiana's mother and the King/Queen. So yes, what you saw (at least what some of you saw) will be the final product just with full color and projections.

Dear Prudence

Just popping in to let you all know that the renders posted were never meant to be shared, someone went behind my back and posted them. The situation has been dealt with and I'm aware of who was behind it. I ask that anyone who saved them, refrain from sharing. Just keep it to yourself. Some further details about the renders, no they are not adding more characters, other than the King/Queen of Maldonia and Eli La Bouff (aka Big Daddy) and maybe some very static critter figures, they were shoehorned last minute. Those are the only other characters that will be featured in the finale. The renders were being finalized not as a full artistic render like old school models, they are meant for constructive purposes only. They are from April 2023, before they even announced that background characters would be featured like Tiana's mother and the King/Queen. So yes, what you saw (at least what some of you saw) will be the final product just with full color and projections.
You shared something on the internet that should not have been shared. Nothing on the internet is secure, and everything can be screen shot and saved. If it's not meant to be seen yet, don't share it. It's that simple. Yes, those people should have not distributed it second-hand, but they should not have been distributed in the first place.

No, I wasn't the person who shared them, obviously, but

Homemade Imagineering

Now that the renders have been confirmed to exist, and if we’re going to take into account there’ll only be a handful of figures in the finale, alongside the concept art we’ve received thus far, I’ve counted around 26-29 figures total out of the supposed 48 or possibly more that are to be featured in total. A couple of those may be static figures, such as the turtles and frogs featured in the art

LittleBuford

Now that the renders have been confirmed to exist, and if we’re going to take into account there’ll only be a handful of figures in the finale, alongside the concept art we’ve received thus far, I’ve counted around 26-29 figures total out of the supposed 48 or possibly more that are to be featured in total. A couple of those may be static figures, such as the turtles and frogs featured in the art
By my calculation, there will be (at least) eight human animatronics in the final scene, plus Louis, plus some lower-tech animal figures. That’s a decent number.

Disstevefan1

Well technically they publicly stated "dozens" so thats a minimum of 24, so we are ahead of the game ;)

Last edited:

Homemade Imagineering

By my calculation, there will be (at least) eight human animatronics in the final scene, plus Louis, plus some lower-tech animal figures. That’s a decent number.
Not bad. Either which way it seems they’re taking the quality over quantity approach. For better or for worse we’ll be getting some fairly advanced AAs in sacrifice of a slightly larger number of lesser advanced ones. what’ll make or break the attraction is the placement and staging of said figures. I can imagine this will be more of a challenge at DLR with the breakneck speed of the logs

Incomudro

Not bad. Either which way it seems they’re taking the quality over quantity approach. For better or for worse we’ll be getting some fairly advanced AAs in sacrifice of a slightly larger number of lesser advanced ones. what’ll make or break the attraction is the placement and staging of said figures. I can imagine this will be more of a challenge at DLR with the breakneck speed of the logs
I'm remaining skeptical that the new final scene will be as grand as the riverboat scene.

Disstevefan1

I think the real reason for the re theme of Splash was cost saving; to remove all the old animatronics which were too costly to fix and/or maintain. They killed two birds with one stone with the re theme, lower costs to fix and/or maintain AND checkoff some DEI/SEG checkboxes.

Honeycomb

I think the real reason for the re theme of Splash was cost saving; to remove all the old animatronics which were too costly to fix and/or maintain. They killed two birds with one stone with the re theme, lower costs to fix and/or maintain AND checkoff some DEI/SEG checkboxes.
Could have saved some dollars by pulling the plug on those live-action remakes that nobody asked for.

Last edited:

Stupido

They weren’t terribly exciting. It basically just showed a monochrome surface map of the built structures for the finale along with rough placement for six figures (Tiana, Naveen, Louis, Ralphie, Charlotte, and Eudora). Some of the figures were even still T-posed.

Yeah, building on this if it helps:

Naveen and Ralphie were clustered together playing their instruments. Eudora and Charlotte were together, and then Tiana and Louis were together infront of the restaurant. It seems like some strange pairings to me, but I guess the emphasis is really being put on Tiana and Louis in this ride.

Incomudro

I don't think it's more cost effective to replace lots of less advanced AA's with a few of the more advanced types.
I could be wrong.

Disstevefan1

I don't think it's more cost effective to replace lots of less advanced AA's with a few of the more advanced types.
I could be wrong.
I honestly think the old (hydraulic?) systems are simply too expensive to maintain NO SPARE PARTS and therefore replacement parts must be custom made which is very expensive and instead of a stop gap refurb, full rebuild with Tianas.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I only take exception with the "Frozen didn't fix Maelstrom's brevity" critique.

While it isn't THAT much longer, it does have added show space that Maelstrom did not have.

Frozen is roughly 1 extra minute from start to finish based on reviewing a few videos ... or a 5 minute ride vs a 4 minute ride.

Now critique of the art direction / set design / AA's is another thing, but I don't personally think Frozen is a short attraction, the ride time is decent for an attraction of this scale.

But it perhaps can still feel brief, which may be a result of Disney shoehorning the ride into a layout/ride type that doesn't particularly work for the story.

But it's a more complete experience than Maelstrom was.

How can FEA somehow be a minute longer yet have the exact same ride vehicles, system, path, etc. as Maelstrom?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom