News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
More non-committal and vague announcements in the face of the biggest disruption in Florida's themed entertainment since 1999.

They got nothin'.
They've got quite a lot, it's just a matter of actually putting the money up to do it, and in what timeframe they can do it. The MK and DAK changes would be a significant boost.

Tom Morrow

More non-committal and vague announcements in the face of the biggest disruption in Florida's themed entertainment since 1999.

They got nothin'.

When all is said and done they'll still be 1 theme park, 1 water park and loads more ahead of Universal after Epic opens. They don't need to beat them at anything as they will still be holding the spot of top dog. It will take more than Epic Universe to dethrone that.

Stitchon

They've got quite a lot, it's just a matter of actually putting the money up to do it, and in what timeframe they can do it. The MK and DAK changes would be a significant boost.

I understand there's things in the works, but like I said. Biggest disruption in their market in nearly 25 years, and they don't have shovels in the dirt for anything. It is very telling that the focus is Animal Kingdom, the park most likely to be looked at as expendable by tourists who want to go to Epic Universe instead.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I understand there's things in the works, but like I said. Biggest disruption in their market in nearly 25 years, and they don't have shovels in the dirt for anything. It is very telling that the focus is Animal Kingdom, the park most likely to be looked at as expendable by tourists who want to go to Epic Universe instead.
Yeah agree. Everything today could be 6 years out a this point, which could hand a significant advantage to UO.

DAK1928

When all is said and done they'll still be 1 theme park, 1 water park and loads more ahead of Universal after Epic opens. They don't need to beat them at anything as they will still be holding the spot of top dog. It will take more than Epic Universe to dethrone that.
Yeah agree. Everything today could be 6 years out a this point, which could hand a significant advantage to UO.

I'd think Disney assumes 2025 is the year of Epic Universe. But what happens after? That's the longer game

McMickeyWorld

I like the idea of the Coco-Encanto transition; Latin America could contribute a lot artistically to the Magic Kingdom. I'm very drawn to the possibility of seeing the flora and fauna of South-Central America, and it definitely seems much more coherent than the previous transition with Moana-Zootopia. I wonder if, with this development, there's a possibility of continuing the transition from Central America to Mexico and introducing North America? 🤔 🧐

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Encanto in Animal Kingdom. What drugs are they on?
1694304258335.png

1694304294483.png

1694304327149.png

1694304356620.png

Tom Morrow

Is it possible that the reason Disney isn't committing to many big overhauls is because they want to wait out the DeSantis situation? Keeping projects that promise more jobs and revenue up in the air gives them even more leverage over him I'd assume.

Bleed0range

Just blue skying here, but if you took Disneyland’s IJA queue theming and mixed it with animal exhibits it could be AWESOME, either as part of an actual ride queue or a standalone walk through attraction.

That’s a really great idea. But the concept art doesn’t seem to suggest a queue like that.

… changing gears for a moment…

I was looking at the show buildings for both and they don’t look like the same. Are they actually the same exactly? Also, how come Dinosaurs roof looks so rough? IJ’s show building is nice and clean at Disneyland. Geez.

Attachments

• IMG_6085.jpeg
    IMG_6085.jpeg
    185.3 KB · Views: 75

Tom Morrow

That’s a really great idea. But the concept art doesn’t seem to suggest a queue like that.

… changing gears for a moment…

I was looking at the show buildings for both and they don’t look like the same. Are they actually the same exactly? Also, how come Dinosaurs roof looks so rough? IJ’s show building is nice and clean at Disneyland. Geez.

The buildings are not identical since they have different entrance and exit points and queue configurations, but the track layout and ride system are the same.

Dinosaur's roof looks dirty because roofs get dirty very quickly in Florida due to the wet climate.

Bleed0range

Indy is one of my faves in dl and vastly superior to Dinosaur.

I have wanted them to do Indy for 20 + years so I am perfectly fine with it. But if it’s South America themed it would be nice if it was designed to be its own thing like Disney Tokyo.

I could easily see it being a temple that brings back a dinosaur in the big room through a time portal and Indy gets to say “that belongs in a museum!”

cjkeating

Well there would be no reason the ride would be set in 1969. The only reason why we got a 69 setting was because of Harrison’s age, but I loved that they gave us a full fledged flashback into his early years to contrast it with his current age.
Indy is a 1930s/40s character first, and the whole movie is about the sharp contrast of a 1930s hero in a 1960s setting. So it would be weird to have this set it in a period where he’s not at his golden age prime.
One thing to consider is that everything in Animal Kingdom happens today, in the present.

I'm not saying they wouldn't set Indy in the past and I appreciate the fictional character of Indy would be dead by 202X but I could see them being quite unspecific about a time period and not specifically making things retro like they do in DL.

TheMaxRebo

I'd think Disney assumes 2025 is the year of Epic Universe. But what happens after? That's the longer game

Will be interesting to see how they play 2025 as no way they can have anything done by then that would be legit competition ... BUT they could structure counterprogramming and try to draw people in who are making their first trip to the area (or first in a long time) to check out EU and stop by Disney while there AND have exciting things under construction to motivate them to come back for a longer stay in the future ...and target people that aren't interseted in EU/want to avoid the craziness of opening year

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom