News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

UNCgolf

IJAā€™s ride experience reminds me of when I went to Uganda at the age of 16. Riding around in a Land Rover on all these dirt roads, being thrown about, up and down, literally tossed into the air at times.

Itā€™s a mild thrill, a little bit of fear, and a bunch of laughter.

Right, I didn't mean there was no thrill involved with the motion -- just that the motion isn't what makes it a great attraction. It's the sets, effects, etc.

doctornick

Is it really a thrill attraction, though? I've never been on it, but from videos it looks like the EMV motion is secondary to what actually makes it a great attraction. Like, you could turn off the vehicle motion and it would still be fantastic.
Correct. The reason itā€™s great is the theming. The vehicle movement enhances the sensation and sense of danger but the cool aspect is feeling the immersion in an ancient booby trapped temple.

Even with an Omnimover, it would be a cool ride

DCLcruiser

I really hope there is a Dinosaur connection to the Indy ride. Stealing amber, or a whole skeleton or just a nod to it and then drive through the Amazon.

Kamikaze

Is it really a thrill attraction, though? I've never been on it, but from videos it looks like the EMV motion is secondary to what actually makes it a great attraction. Like, you could turn off the vehicle motion and it would still be fantastic.
Which I wish they would do. The EMV is the entire reason I hate both of these attractions. It is a detriment to the experience.

Sir_Cliff

IJAā€™s ride experience reminds me of when I went to Uganda at the age of 16. Riding around in a Land Rover on all these dirt roads, being thrown about, up and down, literally tossed into the air at times.

Itā€™s a mild thrill, a little bit of fear, and a bunch of laughter.
Yes, I just got back from Nicaragua and had moments that reminded me of IJA bumping up a volcano until the roads got too impassable!

Overall, I would say it's one of those attractions where all of the elements combine to make a cohesive experience like Splash. Still a great ride without the motion in the same way Splash would still be a great ride without the big drop, but those elements put them over the top. In the same sense, the motion of the EMVs and the drop aren't the most thrilling of theme park experiences, but feel more thrilling combined with the theming and make the sum better than the individual parts. Tony Baxter deserves a lot of credit as one of Disney's great Imagineers.

MrPromey

It isn't. The ride system is absolute trash. All it does it shake you violently back and forth. There are no thrills or excitement, just shaking.
That's as much or more than just about any ride system that isn't a roller coaster does, isn't it?

I guess Star Tours in particular is absolute trash since literally all it does is shake you violently back and forth.

The two rides would be much better served as dark rides without the EMV.

So you're promoting a dark ride system that does less than this? What about keeping this but with a more mildly tuned movement profile? The four corners move independently of each other so it's capable (and actually, currently does) a lot more than just "shake you violently back and forth".

Kamikaze

That's as much or more than just about any ride system that isn't a roller coaster does, isn't it?

I guess Star Tours in particular is absolute trash since literally all it does is shake you violently back and forth.
Star Tours is far less jarring because the movements aren't anywhere near as abrupt.

So you're promoting a dark ride system that does less than this? What about keeping this but with a more mildly tuned movement profile? The four corners move independently of each other so it's capable (and actually, currently does) a lot more than just "shake you violently back and forth".
Yes. MMRR & RotR show that you can tell the story with an immersive ride vehicle where the main movement isn't just 'put me in a blender'.

Jrb1979

I think our big three burning questions are;

1) Will Indy be a clone or be reworked to includes more South American +\- animals or Dinoā€™s (my preference)
2) Are there animal exhibits (seems probable)
3) Whatā€™s the scope of the Encanto ride actually.

If all three of those boxes are checked and Encanto skews Mystic Manor like, this land will be a huge win for Animal Kingdom.
No it's more like

Will it be built?

If so When?

How long will it take to build?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I love dinosaurs and the ride too, but I would much rather see it happen this way than with zootopia being crammed in there, it sounds like they have their heads on their shoulders with some of this for a change.
ā€¦hmmmā€¦interesting takeaways šŸ¤”
There will be uh, new animal experiences in this animal theme park yes? And not just random IPs from the region.. put that in World Showcase
So two places where it absolutely doesnā€™t belong
?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom