News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Brian

My point is that it’s uncouth to do so.

Don’t think when you’re a mega Corp you sweat the fees for your fleet of a 1000 lawyers you have anyway
If/when the state loses, you can bet DeSantis will be letting everyone know just how much money "Disney stole from the taxpayers" in legal fees.

I know, they are defending themselves against retaliation. I'm merely pointing out what he's likely to say.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If/when the state loses, you can bet DeSantis will be letting everyone know just how much money "Disney stole from the taxpayers" in legal fees.

I know, they are defending themselves against retaliation. I'm merely pointing out what he's likely to say.
His “stock” is trending towards Kodak at that point…

This is not a popular figure and is trending worse

Disone

I know how to use Google as well as the search feature on Twitter.
Joe Rohde did not post that. He "retweeted" it, which is not the same as creating a new post or tweet.
Hi! I was just answering the question. I was NOT the one that referenced Google. You shot the wrong messenger.

MrPromey

Ok, but I wouldn't necessarily hate seeing Rainforest Cafe go away. It's like you're playing Jumanji at an Applebees.
Tons of people still like it, though and when they go there, they aren't adding to the crowds filling your favorite spots.

Gotta think strategically - it's a honeypot. ;)

Stripes

The state approves how much they spend on legal battles. They can only blame themselves for allocating millions of dollars to lawyers.

MrPromey

The state approves how much they spend on legal battles. They can only blame themselves for allocating millions of dollars to lawyers.
They (the people responsible for wasting our money) can blame whoever they want - that's the problem.

So few people pay close attention to things that don't affect them directly (and who can blame them/us - there is just too much news in the world for one person to keep track of), all it takes is hearing the statement for it to stick in the back of people's minds.

Who'd have thought that the thing which could kill our democracy is the soundbite?.. But this is just one example of how that seems to be becoming the case.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
My point is that it’s uncouth to do so.

Don’t think when you’re a mega Corp you sweat the fees for your fleet of a 1000 lawyers you have anyway
I don’t think it has anything to do with couth. There’s no actual mechanism to ask for monetary damages in Federal Court or they probably would. There is a mechanism to ask to have your legal bills paid.

Disney should donate the money to an LGBTQ charity…..or one that fights to protect free speech…..or maybe use it to buy books to replace the ones missing now…..pudding spoons? I think they could find a whole lot of places the money can be put to good use if they win.

Who would pay the legal fees anyway? The state on behalf of the Governor? If it is the board then wouldn’t Disney be paying itself with district funds?

sedati

I'm still shocked that the actions of a state cannot result in damages owed beyond legal fees? Is this really true? If DeSantis decided that Vinyl was woke and all record stores were not only closed, but seized, then the only repercussion is an oops and a repayment of fees incurred. Nothing about the loss of livelihood. Also, most small businesses wouldn't be able to pay the upfront costs and so there might not be a legal challenge at all. This can't be the way it works... right? Maybe in the past it was assumed that checks and balances would keep such an absurdity from being implemented officially, but we've clearly blown right past that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom