Fantasmic Reopening Watch

JohnD

An additional 10pm performance of Fantasmic! has been added starting April 2 through April 22.

Beginning April 23, the performance time for Fantasmic! shifts to a 9pm showing through the end of the calendar (currently May 16).
Got in just under the wire! I have a trip the week prior.

esskay

Not really much of a surprise with it being 1 per night in May given its the quiet(er) period. I think every time I've been in May over the last decade or so its been 1 per night and never been an issue.

jrhwdw

Not really much of a surprise with it being 1 per night in May given its the quiet(er) period. I think every time I've been in May over the last decade or so its been 1 per night and never been an issue.
I've only seen 2 Shows of F! on Select Nights in May. So this is not shocking. It would be if F! was just returning in April or May........

gerarar

Premium Member
There's been a change-up in the finale when the comets with tails go off behind the mountain and Sorcerer Mickey.
They now shoot off slower and sequentially (green waits for last orange to go off, etc.), which fills up the deadspace right before Tuxedo Mickey appears at the bottom of the mountain. The pyro sequence also starts a beat and second later.

This is a huge improvement imo, and just makes the finale better than ever before. Glad to see the F! team still making adjustments to the show.
Here's a comparison video I made of the old and new finale. The change happened around March 10, along with the return of the fantasia pyro.

Also, I kinda pointed this out and suggested this exact change back in November lol.
Any chance the Comets w/ tails in the finale can be spread out more? Currently they shoot too fast, in fact some of them overlay each other.

For example, the green ones start going off before the orange ones finish going off. If the green comets wait until the last orange comets, this can probably extend the entire sequence by a few seconds to help fill in the dead space when Sorceror Mickey is still waving his hands. Or maybe add another set of comets with a different color, but I'd imagine this is off the table.
This was already a problem even with the previous iteration of the show after the shower of pyro "runs out". Like a good 3-4 seconds of dead time.
View attachment 677358

Last edited:

cjkeating

There's been a change-up in the finale when the comets with tails go off behind the mountain and Sorcerer Mickey.
They now shoot off slower and sequentially (green waits for last orange to go off, etc.), which fills up the deadspace right before Tuxedo Mickey appears at the bottom of the mountain. The pyro sequence also starts a beat and second later.

This is a huge improvement imo, and just makes the finale better than ever before. Glad to see the F! team still making adjustments to the show.
Here's a comparison video I made of the old and new finale. The change happened around March 10, along with the return of the fantasia pyro.

Also, I kinda pointed this out and suggested this exact change back in November lol.

Certainly helps. Does still feel like another couple of seconds being filled would make it perfect though. Nice to see they are still making incremental adjustments to the show.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
FWIW, Ariel and Eric’s barge was missing from the 2nd show on Saturday night (which was outstanding, otherwise). However, they were both in the finale, so clearly it was an issue with the barge and not a casting issue. It made for an odd gap between BATB and Snow White.

gerarar

Premium Member
Pleased to report that trampoline stunts have finally returned to the show tonight (4/10)! They have been missing since around Feb 6, so about 2+ months of B-mode.

Perhaps the trampoline was broken or needed some refurbishment, but glad to see it back in use again, makes the entire Aladdin hero sequence better!

Timestamped livestream from tonight:

We are also now just down to one effect that needs to return – Malificient's fireball.
This may be a lost cause for now due to safety concerns and info from people working the show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom