Fantasmic Reopening Watch

DisneyfanMA

I enjoyed the 8pm show with my family. Leaving nothing to chance we headed in before 630 and we're among the first group in. We had great seats front left about 5th row no obstructions. The final edge sections didn't fill in until about 745. Didn't know the theater had its own restroom up top and concessions in several places.

My kids absolutely loved the show and I have to say it exceeded my wife and even my own expectations too. It did sprinkle and mist for 5 min twice but thankfully that lifted. It was quite windy at times as afternoon gave way to evening and it crossed my mind the show could be canceled. In fact at one point the 930 showing disappeared from my app. Leaving the park, I saw the queue for 930 show lined up. So glad I was able to do this.

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
First show (11/7 8pm):
  • Rafiki was back today! Something I forgot to note yesterday was the Old Hag wasn't also present, Evil Queen did the quick change for it.
  • Snake headlights worked.
  • Steamboat pyro pinwheels all spun!
  • Full show. Started raining a bit apparently but stopped.
Second show (11/7 9:30pm):
  • Snake headlights again working.
  • Steamboat pyro pinwheels all spun!!
  • Show started ~12 mins late
  • About one and half sections remained open on right (facing stage).
  • One set of lasers malfunctioned at the beginning
  • Screenshot_20221107-212030_YouTube.jpg

gerarar

Premium Member
Comet - Single shooting star
Comet with tail - Single shooting star with sparkling/glittering tail
Mine - Multiple stars from one tube
Comet/Mine - Multiple stars from one tube with a single star shooting higher
Gerb - Fountain effect
Flash Tray - Quick sparkling pyro burst effect (The effect just before Sorcerer or Steamboat Mickey is a flash tray)
Gerb Spinner - Two gerbs mounted on a spinner
Saxon - Like a gerb spinner, but from a single pyrotechnic device shooting an effect from two places on the device to create a spin.
Crossette - Aerial effect that create a cross effect
Waterfall - Upside gerb

There are others, but that should get you up to speed.
Thank you for explaining the different pyro in the show! Love what y'all did, especially with the surprise laser projections that you hinted :)

Any chance the Comets w/ tails in the finale can be spread out more? Currently they shoot too fast, in fact some of them overlay each other.

For example, the green ones start going off before the orange ones finish going off. If the green comets wait until the last orange comets, this can probably extend the entire sequence by a few seconds to help fill in the dead space when Sorceror Mickey is still waving his hands. Or maybe add another set of comets with a different color, but I'd imagine this is off the table.
This was already a problem even with the previous iteration of the show after the shower of pyro "runs out". Like a good 3-4 seconds of dead time.
Screenshot_20221108_150924.jpg

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
I haven't found any F! Reports from last night. Did Taste Of F! return if DHS can't even start F!?
There were no F! streams last night that I could find. Everyone was at the MK for the party lol.

Although I found some clips from last night on Snap Maps.
They didn't do ribbons in the finale last night, presumably bc of the wind. First time ever since the show came back.
Screenshot_20221109-073950_Snapchat.jpg

Screenshot_20221109-074030_Snapchat.jpg

gerarar

Premium Member
The dragon got stuck on the 11/8 9:30pm performance. This triggered the moat fountains to go up during the steamboat finale, but eventually fixed before Sorceror Mickey came out. This performance also had the ribbon dance cut due to weather conditions (most likely)

Timestamped video:

jrhwdw

The dragon got stuck on the 11/8 9:30pm performance. This triggered the moat fountains to go up during the steamboat finale, but eventually fixed before Sorceror Mickey came out. This performance also had the ribbon dance cut due to weather conditions (most likely)

Timestamped video:

Odd, I couldn't see any part of the Dragon before Moat Fountains went back up.....

gerarar

Premium Member
Odd, I couldn't see any part of the Dragon before Moat Fountains went back up.....
You can just barely see the head halfway inside the mountain. Plus you can tell the doors haven't closed all the way as the strobe lights are off/not blinking in that area. I'm pretty sure they use the strobe lights to determine if everything's all right for the finale.
Screenshot_20221110_100118.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom